Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Wunderbar

Arcane
"The amount of people you meet in the city" being a fucking slider in the options menu is another sign that this game is a shallow GTA clone.

Remember how The Witcher 1 had NPCs with proper schedules? Remember how they were hiding from the rain under the closest roof?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is there a way to turn off objective markers? Nothing in the menus I can see.

I picked corpo and the "unique opening mission" was basically just you walking around. I assume that was the only unique mission anyway, since it went to a montage afterward and jumped ahead six months to the real tutorial.

Anyway... way too early for me to say anything else, but holy shit turn off the grain/blur/aberration shit, game looks ten times better.

Oh, and DLSS doesn't look too bad here.

Gerrard

Arcane
jqe0oyul69461.jpg
Good.

Also small breasts + nipples 2
nice.png

i5 4670, 16gb ddr3 ram, 1060 6gb

basically everything on low. runs like ass. great.

Try 900p or 720p with internal resolution scaling set to 70% or so. Also, turn on FidelityFX.
The resolution scaling is terrible, sharpening is nonexistent. 90% at 1080 is already blurry as shit, especially when you're looking at the in game interface screens.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
street kid is the same. first mission is you talking to three people, looking into the mirror and walking a couple meters.
i have to say though the shooting feels nice and the gun sounds are great so far, i didn't expect that

Gerrard

Arcane
Also, if your sound is fucked you have to change your system setting to 44.1khz sampling rate. There's no way they spent more than 3 years making this.

Renevent

Cipher
Played a couple hours, so far the game is far less buggy than I've been led to believe. Playing at 2K/Ultra/Tessellation and it's running nice and smooth, and it's one of the best looking games I've ever seen. Maybe not in all respects, but when you take into account how much is packed in there it's pretty amazing. Seen only a few glitches so far which were things that don't effect gameplay like an occasional hovering item and shit like that.

In general I'm really impressed so far...I didn't pay too much attention to skills/implants/mechanics prior to release and there seems to be a shit ton of weapons, clother/armor, cybernetics (number of slots is hella nice), attachments, and all sorts of cool shit. Also someone in the thread said you can't breakdown weapons, that's false...you can.

The city itself is crazy cool atmosphere wise. Tons of people walking around (you can scan them too and find bounties that way). It's just sick how much detail went into this game.

Okay...now for some complaints:

-While not as many as yootoobers make it out to be, there are glitches
-AI is borderline retarded
-Too many fucking phone calls
-A lot of dialog you can skip through (I read faster and don't want to sit there listening) but a lot of it is not

*edit*

Oh, and now I understand why Lil' Miss Gamespot used the same weapons/clothes and didn't do any crafting/modding...this game must have melted her mind lol.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
-Looks at the internet complaining about PC graphics and performance-

Heh, wait until the base current console versions release for everyone.

And there was a great whining that went over the land of Egypt. Such as there has never been, or ever will be again.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hype, hype never changes.

This is probably the most hype any piece of media got in years. I'd say maybe only Star Wars main installments and James Cameron movies come close.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Also, if your sound is fucked you have to change your system setting to 44.1khz sampling rate. There's no way they spent more than 3 years making this.

Rip my USB headphones i can't change that :(

From shroud stream -the game looks like its not overly easy, but the amount of bugs and downright stupid design decision is quite high. Will be a good game when patched and refined. Cyberpunk 2077 definitive edition coming up ;)

Danikas

Arcane
Lol I see reviews crying about crashes and shitty optimization, Im 2h into the game no crashes runs at about 50 fps on my Gtx 1060 on a mix of high and medium settings having fun so far. Weapon sounds are pretty good.

photomode_10122020_033ej0j.png

photomode_10122020_03l9jls.png

Wunderbar

Arcane
Lol I see reviews crying about crashes and shitty optimization, Im 2h into the game no crashes runs at about 50 fps on my Gtx 1060 on a mix of high and medium settings having fun so far. Weapon sounds are pretty good.

Opinion discarded!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom