Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
fuck me, i just discovered awesome game...

unknown.png

Good meme :lol: Literally feel the same way, CP77 is on hold until i ascend to godhood.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
We've mentioned before that expansions will be coming, and while we're not ready to talk specifics just yet, we will say that we've learned a lot from out work on both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Our planned expansions will take you even deeper into the world of Cyberpunk 2077, offering substantial story-driven content that'll give you tough choices to make through impactful narratives you won't soon forget. But before we get there, we'll be kicking off our free DLC program in early 2021. Just like with The Witcher 3, expect an assortment of free DLC packs to begin hitting Night City, dropping a bunch of cool stuff that’ll inject even more life into the world of the dark future. We hope you're looking forward to them!

Quality content coming further down the line...
The free DLC is probably cut content, but they need to promote their image of wholesome gamer-friendly company.
I keep reading about "cut content" in relation to DLCs that are released weeks after the game's release (as was the case with W3 dlcs) and I wonder why would you waste your time before the release of the game on creating content that you will release weeks after the game? Especially when you have to scramble to finish the game? Do any devs do that?

Quillon

Arcane
played through prologue, arriving at home but audio is fucked won't continue until they fix it

and its not the crackling issue which has been mentioned with a fix, its this:

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/sound-issues.11040671/

ffs / edit: fixed it, solution is in the above link.

other than that, game seems to be well optimized; playing at default high settings all around with rx 580 and an i5 4460(under minimum specs)

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
u3sGhjO.png

It's just 5 headshots bro.

yea that bugged me too. headshot is just a crit multiplier, not an instakill. It's kinda BS TBH. Meanwhile one cut from the katana they give you for the my rewards thing is enough to decap some of the time.

Only played though the Nomad prologue by now, but are the other backgrounds also that underwhelming? It was basically only a 20 minute railroaded sequence of events with barely any gameplay and then, a montage cutscene later, you are an established mercenary in Night City. Seems like so much wasted potential. I was kind of expecting Dragon Age Origins levels of prologue chapters, after them hyping it up so much.
Also hate the consolized UI controls btw.

Yea, I started with Street Kid myself and it was basically the same shit.
Jackie got me at gunpoint, cops show up, ten mins later Jackie and I are best friends apparently doing all this cool shit that we could have done in gameplay
but ah well.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
yeah buying a "next gen lauch title" with a reputation for being potentially buggy/unoptimised on a an old ass console is basically asking to be ripped off.

Slaver1

Savant
yeah buying a "next gen lauch title" with a reputation for being potentially buggy/unoptimised on a an old ass console is basically asking to be ripped off.
I get that they would think other games look better on their console and be disappointed-- but an ambitious, scalable game should look/play like shit on an old console.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
yea that bugged me too. headshot is just a crit multiplier, not an instakill. It's kinda BS TBH. Meanwhile one cut from the katana they give you for the my rewards thing is enough to decap some of the time.

Things get better after a short time when you aquire hard hitting slow weapons, some perks and skill. I'm getting nice 1 head shot kills with my silenced pistol from stealth.
But yeah this is the biggest problem of first person view RPGs.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Is there any way to get the reward for wanted criminals without killing them?

I Just cleared another "turf" without killing anyone but can't receive the reward for a single incapacitaded wanted individual. Had to go back to each one of them and shoot them in the head where they're laying.

Btw I'm RP'ing Dredd on this game. Must have killed a hundred thugs already. I cannot not kill one when I see it on the streets, and there's 10 around every corner.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only played though the Nomad prologue by now, but are the other backgrounds also that underwhelming? It was basically only a 20 minute railroaded sequence of events with barely any gameplay and then, a montage cutscene later, you are an established mercenary in Night City. Seems like so much wasted potential. I was kind of expecting Dragon Age Origins levels of prologue chapters, after them hyping it up so much.
Also hate the consolized UI controls btw.

Seems so what I have read. They basically skipped a large part of the game through montage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom