Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

PrettyDeadman

JX4lFxK.jpg

Robber Baron

Savant
I'm so salty
I'd like to say I'll be waiting for Enchanced edition or whatever, but what I'm really will be waiting for is 3060 to be in stock

Latelistener

Arcane
Everyone looks terrible when aiming by controller.

Never forget Polygon trying to play Doom.

You can play much better on a controller. These particular people just can't play and I doubt M&KB will help them.

Just looking at screenshots of this game, am I the only one who thinks it looks awful? Things that should be hard look soft like play dough, and the reverse. Things that should have fine grain detail texture look smooth, and others that should be smooth look too grainy. The LOD of stuff in the distance is off. It feels deeply unsettling for me to look at. Is it some kind of uncanny valley effect?

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just looking at screenshots of this game, am I the only one who thinks it looks awful? Things that should be hard look soft like play dough, and the reverse. Things that should have fine grain detail texture look smooth, and others that should be smooth look too grainy. It feels deeply unsettling for me to look at. Is it some kind of uncanny valley effect?

It looks pretty great.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Nomad does feel underwhelming.

When I chose it I was thinking doing some jobs in the countryside with my family/gang/whatever, then something goes wrong and I flee to the city, feeling a complete strange to that place and going my way up from the bottom as a lone wolf(or not, doesn't matter).

Instead you get a quick job as a truck driver transporting a fucking iguana and suddenly the game throws a lot of cutscenes at you, and when you finally get back control of your character you're already a city dweller.

I'd rather have a single but interesting, well developed background than a bunch of half-assed ones.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Only played though the Nomad prologue by now, but are the other backgrounds also that underwhelming? It was basically only a 20 minute railroaded sequence of events with barely any gameplay and then, a montage cutscene later, you are an established mercenary in Night City. Seems like so much wasted potential. I was kind of expecting Dragon Age Origins levels of prologue chapters, after them hyping it up so much.
Also hate the consolized UI controls btw.

Seems so what I have read. They basically skipped a large part of the game through montage.
Origin DLCs confirmed?
"Wanna play V's humble beginnings? Download YOUR origin DLC now. Only 4.99$! Each."

Just looking at screenshots of this game, am I the only one who thinks it looks awful? Things that should be hard look soft like play dough, and the reverse. Things that should have fine grain detail texture look smooth, and others that should be smooth look too grainy. It feels deeply unsettling for me to look at. Is it some kind of uncanny valley effect?

It looks pretty great.

Does it?

EXFXmZB.png

Look here. The bike looked incredibly detailed, but the entire left and distance is blurry as fuck. The ground tiles look almost completely flat when there should be some kind of depth to the texture, and this makes it look out of place next to the gravel immediately next to it along with the metal plate (which still looks weirdly undetailed next to the gravel). Basically every frame I look at has jarring things that look bizzarely bad next to things that look good.

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Does it?

EXFXmZB.png

Look here. The bike looked incredibly detailed, but the entire left and distance is blurry as fuck. The ground tiles look almost completely flat when there should be some kind of depth to the texture, and this makes it look out of place next to the gravel immediately next to it along with the metal plate. Basically every frame I look at has jarring things that look bizzarely bad next to things that look good.

It looks like plasticine.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Too many people seem to have all of the blurring effects turned on. Even all of the trailers had chromatic abberration turned on (why would anyone think it looks good, it's called aberration for a reason).

Yeah, I think especially there's some kind of overall blur or excessively aggressive AA that is making all of the edges look too blurry. Even the bike which is detailed, all the edges look awful.

And if its a DOF thing, why is the bike in focus, the gravel several feet behind the bike in focus, but the metal plate immediately next to the gravel not in focus? It's all just... ugh.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
All that graphics talk makes me realize how much I am used to playing on a low end toaster...
When I look at those "see how shitty it looks" pics, I get distracted by some realistic texture and don't get what people are even bitching at. So sad.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Performance can be more sluggish than necessary.
3900x, 32 gigs, 2080Ti and it goes below 60 quite a bit, 1440p on everything ultra with dlss and some stuff off (chromatic abberation, motion blur, lens flares, that kind of crap... Also some shadow stuff on medium). DLSS on balanced with nvidia sharpening on via driver.
The mirrors don't work right, the first one you look into as nomad gives very busy image and the subsequent ones don't do that but don't show my char's hair etc.

Higher framerate make the combat more fun imo. 60 and below is just kind of... Well, not choppy or anything at all, but a bit sluggish, I guess.

Body custumization is minimal, totally sucks.
Can make proper redheaded chick, got lucky with random face gen and then managed to make a decent char.

Wanted to go for a chromed out mantis blade lunatic... Only to realize that there's lots of car chase scenes where you have to shoot :/
Playing on max difficulty (I WISH THERE WAS INFO ON WHAT THAT ACTUALLY DOES FFS) melee is ok, easy even... Shooting mostly sucks. Guns with high headshot modifier are bearable, I guess.
Shooting in the chase scenes is total ass.

Will have to play around with the graphics settings, but... Not too happy with the performance. Characters look so-so... The skin is rarely right, models are underwhelming... Visual clarity in shootouts can be kind of shit when you're engaging an enemy.

Overall it's not bad looking, but doesn't warrant the performance right now. Typical CDPR, I guess. Witcher 3 ran fantastically well for me on my old rig even at launch, though.

Loot is annoying. Hard to see a lot of the time because of the lighting and clutter, and as you would expect there's lots of stuff scattered around, mostly trash which you can disassemble for crafting mats.
So have fun hugging every shelf, desk, etc. to find everything... Or just say fuck it.
There's a loot indicator at a certain range, but I dunno if it always works right.

Just put less but better loot, or concentrate loot in fewer containers... Come on, devs. This isn't hard.

Looks like mantis claws are expensive, so I'll have to either luck out and find some or wait quite a while until I can afford them. Meh.

Guns are the usual thing... You know, the faster it fires the less dmg the individual rounds do. Carbines ("Assault Rifles") do laughable little damage per shot, revolvers like 3-4 times more.
Even high damage revolvers feel like crap on max diff. right now, though.

Dunno if you can re-spec, but maybe I'll go for lmgs after all... But that shit damage man, jesus christ.
Balance by Sawyer, except for the melee, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom