Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If I know Owlcat well enough they will give him some shield feats next :lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
If I know Owlcat well enough they will give him some shield feats next :lol:

Combat Style Weapon and Shield is in fact pretty hardcore. Shield Mastery at lvl 6 and Bashing Finish at lvl 10. The former usually requires +11 BAB and the latter the former. And there are a couple Spiked Shields in a hidden area of Ch. 1 for Shield Bashers.

Might help all the retards who think that Deliverer is a no-brainer and Rangers suck to finally discover Combat Style Feats.

Minecrawler

Educated
What about Encased and ATOM?
Insomnia, Ash of Gods, Irratus, Stoneshard, Partisans 1941?
None of them come close as competitors, unfortunately (in terms of stats).
None of them are former part of Nival, like Owlcats, and worked on HoMMV etc. So it's kind of predictable.
Nice list, though.

Sjukob

Arcane
Azata songs:
IOPku99.png

Companion stats, some companions are missing though, can anybody with access to alpha screencap Wendaug?
Xunyq7B.jpg

You will be able to choose your background during character creation, here's the list.

Somebody even uloaded examples of the voice over for the companions.

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For those wondering, Hardness is like Damage Reduction only much, much better.

It's DR from PoE and it's shit if it doesn't scale with level because it remains a flat number while the damage exponentially increases.
The important thing is not the flat number, but what's right after. Half damage from energy and ranged attacks, ineffective weapons, immunity to critical hits.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The important thing is not the flat number, but what's right after. Half damage from energy and ranged attacks, ineffective weapons, immunity to critical hits.
It's not clear *at all* that that is a property of hardness and not of objects, and I wouldn't interpret it that way as-written.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
It's not clear *at all* that that is a property of hardness and not of objects, and I wouldn't interpret it that way as-written.
This is literally the only difference hardness has over regular damage reduction. They would have used "DR5/-" instead of "Hardness 5" if they didn't want all that additional stuff to apply as well.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm pretty sure these are properties of the object and not hardness. The difference between DR and hardness is how they can be bypassed.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
I'm pretty sure these are properties of the object and not hardness. The difference between DR and hardness is how they can be bypassed.
Yes, Hardness cannot normally be bypassed. There is zero difference between Hardness X and DR X/- (like a Barb gets, for example). Every object has a hardness, and the number depends on the material used. Why would Owlcat use the term Hardness here if they don't intend to have all other object properties apply as well?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes, Hardness cannot normally be bypassed. There is zero difference between Hardness X and DR X/- (like a Barb gets, for example).
Yes, but actually no. Adamantine weapons ignore hardness below 20. That's why they use it and I see no reason why they wouldn't apply the other properties objects have.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Yes, Hardness cannot normally be bypassed. There is zero difference between Hardness X and DR X/- (like a Barb gets, for example).
Yes, but actually no. Adamantine weapons ignore hardness below 20. That's why they use it and I see no reason why they wouldn't apply the other properties objects have.
Ah, yes. You're absolutely right. Can't believe it slipped my mind. Hardness 5 is the equivalent to DR 5/Adamantine, not /-. There is still no reason to use Hardness over DR, but I suppose we'll have to see how they actually implement it.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Seems mostly the same as the KS update, but hey.

Meet our new monthly Owlcat news digest!

Dear Pathfinders!
We're close to the most crucial stage of development with the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The Alpha stage has come to an end, and the Beta stage is approaching. We are extremely excited to see the game getting closer to its final shape!

You want to know more about the development progress to be excited too, right? We try to keep everyone informed by Kickstarter updates and Social media posts. But we know that not everyone has time to keep track of our activities to not miss the most important news. Fear not! From this point, we're going to bring you a short monthly digest with the most interesting and important topics! Updates, reminders, development progress state, sneak-peeks, gifts, and contests - all the coolest stuff from the latest month! Stay tuned and don't miss anything!
In today’s digest you will find:
  1. Alpha stage feedback summarised. Players' impressions and our decisions. Interesting facts and statistics.
  2. More Beta pass options! If you can’t wait to try the game - you can upgrade your tier to gain Beta access.
  3. New Wrath of the Righteous website and a long-awaited gallery with wallpapers that we promised in our Kickstarter social goals.
  4. Shocking reveal: who’s the good boy in Pathfinder:Kingmaker?
Alpha stage 2 is finished! What's now?
We want to express our gratitude to our alpha players. We’ve gathered an incredible amount of feedback that formed our development plans and determined the list of features we wish to implement. The main decisions are:
  1. We’re going to remake Greybor’s quests and lower his price so he would become a valuable asset for your party;
  2. Crusade will be entirely reworked, and it’s mechanics improved: for example, we’re completely redesigning the nobility mechanic;
  3. More hints, tutorials, and glossaries will be added to help new players to understand the system better and learn how to master it.
Alpha stage 2 feedback Highlights:

Top three most popular and requested suggestions:
1.jpg
Add additional hints and glossaries;
2.jpg
Improve level up and skills interfaces to make them more clear;
3.jpg
Make Mythic Path more impressive and engaging.

Top three rated companions:
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

95,7% of players were able to successfully finish the Prologue.
7.jpg

Check the full report here: https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/news/19

Moar Beta
We’ve been getting multiple requests to provide Beta access to the higher preorder tiers, so you wouldn’t have to choose between in-game items and the option to participate in the Beta test. And we did it! Now Beta access is included in every Kickstarter tier from 99$, pre-order packs “Early Access” for digital tier and both “Collector’s Editions” for physical tier.
We’ve also added new functionality to our pre-order portal, which allows you to upgrade your tier to include the beta. Those who pre-ordered a Boxed Edition will also be able to upgrade to Collector’s Edition and Premium Collector’s Edition.
Check the new packs: https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder
More details and the detailed instruction on how to upgrade your tier: https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/news/7

New website
Have you seen our new Wrath of the Righteous website? It looks extremely cool! It also accumulates all the news about the game. But most importantly - we added a big gallery with concepts, art, and official wallpapers that is available not only for backers, but for everyone to download!
Get your new wallpaper here: https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/media

Who’s the good boy in Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Based on the results of the impartial voting, good boy and the best pet creature in Pathfinder: Kingmaker was decided to be NokNok.
NokNok.jpg

That’s it for this month’s news digest. We still have a lot of work with Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, but we are more than halfway there!
See you next month!

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here's to hoping Beta is more refined than Alpha. Was really disappointed that mounted combat in alpha turned out to be janky. I mean, I get it's alpha and Owlcat, but still.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't speak for everyone, but for me it didn't crash that many times. I did suffer some huge FPS drops in the market place. Played the alpha on two computers, so it's definitely the market place that was causing the slow downs. It's fine outside of that. The real problem is the implementation of the mount system, and class mechanics. Their implementation is *really* janky.

purpleblob

Savant
I can't speak for everyone, but for me it didn't crash that many times. I did suffer some huge FPS drops in the market place. Played the alpha on two computers, so it's definitely the market place that was causing the slow downs. It's fine outside of that. The real problem is the implementation of the mount system, and class mechanics. Their implementation is *really* janky.

It's alpha ^^ Let's hope its improved in beta

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Other question. Still unlimited summons? Necromancy in solasta is inexistent and awful on BG3. I loved necromancy on pfkm, in wotr is the lich mythic path amazing in quality and quantity of summons?

purpleblob

Savant
Is truth that wotr alpha is more stable than kingmaker on launch?

I'd say so yes.

Other question. Still unlimited summons? Necromancy in solasta is inexistent and awful on BG3. I loved necromancy on pfkm, in wotr is the lich mythic path amazing in quality and quantity of summons?

Not sure, I haven't played Lich mythic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom