Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Disable DLSS too.

You can just use the sharpener in your overlay/driver to counter DLSS issues. Disabling DLSS loses you a lot of frames.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
This game wonderfully shows the difference between Bethesda and CDPR...

Bethesda releases a buggy mess with subpar graphics:
Todd: "We left those bugs in because they were funny."
Players: "Highly moddable, we fix it ourselves."
Reviewers: "We got so many doritos, this will be GOTY for years."

CDPR releases CP77:
Players:"This game does not have 120fps on my 3000$ rig!" "Jackie glitches through elevator doors, totally unplayable!"
Youtubers: "Teehee guys, I got so much merch, it is, like, totally awsome! Like and subscribe meeeee!"
Reviewers: "I did not get doritos, so I didn't really play it. But it's not great. Too much water."

Seriously, everyone mentions Jackie and elevator doors. If that is the game's worst problem, we are well on our way to a "it's good for what it is" consensus. :obviously:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I have to say the game looks absolutely stunning on only 'medium' settings in 1440p with all the filtering crap turned off and no DLSS.

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Reviewers: "I did not get doritos, so I didn't really play it. But it's not great. Too much water."
MGBDlOO.png
Bv9aqtZ.png
vHFmuiR.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I have never heard of those review sites. Are they considered "valued opinions" here on the 'dex? Or at least "mainstream". It's hard to keep track these days...

Dexter

Arcane
I have never heard of those review sites. Are they considered "valued opinions" here on the 'dex? Or at least "mainstream". It's hard to keep track these days...
Ask Infinitron, he obviously considers them important "valued opinions" or he wouldn't have included them in a news article here and posted them several times:
https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11596
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cyberpunk-2077-reviews.136233/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.122398/page-545#post-7059864

Jinn

Arcane
Hey mister Reapa, you actually played the game and have anything of substance to add to the conversation? Or you going to just rate every post that is mildly positive about the game "retarded"?

Pegultagol

Erudite
My running impressions so far after a few hours into the game:

Numerous bugs with dialog interface (wheel not working), the missing scripts that breaks mission progress, graphical glitches, CTDs upon reload, and DLSS looking quite not ready. Also character tends to get stuck on some object and accelerates out of it when clearing it.

The graphics are overall very good. But the LOD changes on the ground texture can be sometimes jarring. Some graphical elements appear to exist in their own space, with floating objects, etc. A lot of small items seem to be simple colored objects, not even textured.

Shooting seems ok, but enemies are bullet sponges. I understand why numbers pop out of enemies since aiming down sights obstructs half the screen and foes seem to not really gesticulate well conveying damage.

Your buddy only looks cool on motorcycle and occasional spouting Spanish curses and is absolute trash in fighting. And so far has not used any 'cyber' skills so far.

Leaning out of cover seems pretty dynamic but the game should do a better job of conveying health or damage status.

Being hacked is cool, I wish I could identify hackable objects like cameras a bit better. And Tab being used to toggle interface is quite unwieldy with keyboard while playing, Caps Lock should be used at all times. But why not circumvent it altogether and allow binding more keys to these skills?

Pretty barebones itemization so far, especially in guns and their ammo and damage properties seemingly randomly distributed. And weapon mods seem to consist of only one or two slots?

Driving is simply terrible, must've been tailored around Xbox controller. In fact, it feels like driving an ATV in San Andreas.

Dialog choices tend to be very pared down to either violent and non-violent path, and no skill that I know of applied to influencing either dialog path. Bribe seems to figure heavily in persuasion, and the credits are relatively easy to come by with all the hacking of terminals. Writing is ok and allows dialog to flow through action, but predictably heavy on jargon.

Kinda getting the sense that CDRP is giving a kitchen sink of options for players to experiment and mostly solutions to the problems or challenges will be based on how much one is willing to invest in exploration of its world and systems. The system itself is pretty reliant on many degrees of violence and subterfuge so for other style of play that runs counter to these, it will have to lean very heavily on how much content was crafted around it.

KVVRR

Learned
Running it on a 5700XT gave me good fps at the start with everything on high (60-80) but then as I got later into the game and they opened up the city... Most of the time I can't even crack 30 fps while driving, and this is after I changed the graphics to low.
I was kinda getting into it but the game has wayy too many cutscenes once you start the heist. They're not badly made but fuck me just let me play the damn thing already, I get it Jhonny is an asshole can I go do something now
also while I'm at it there's a weird thing with the pacing in Jhonny's relationship with V. As I was playing he was fucking hating his guts because of obvious reasons, but as soon as I started one mission he's just talking to him like he's his long life pal. What the fuck?

I'm not sure I'll keep playing the game. The city looks cool and I wanna try and see if the writing is good but I can't stand how sluggish this game runs and how mediocre the actual gameplay is. Even RDR2 ran better on my rig, and that game looked a lot better than this, actual megacity non withstanding.

KVVRR

Learned
My running impressions so far after a few hours into the game:
Dialog choices tend to be very pared down to either violent and non-violent path, and no skill that I know of applied to influencing either dialog path. Bribe seems to figure heavily in persuasion, and the credits are relatively easy to come by with all the hacking of terminals. Writing is ok and allows dialog to flow through action, but predictably heavy on jargon.
I don't know what your build is but in my experience you'll get new dialogue choices if you have a spec really maxed out. I had 7 on "coolness" and I got a bunch of dialogue options for it, way more than anything else. It's all just cosmetic as far as I could see though.

cw8

Cipher
Thank goodness there are feminine hairstyles in the game, I have the impression they're all gonna be butch type looks.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thank goodness there are feminine hairstyles in the game, I have the impression they're all gonna be butch type looks.
Those feminine styles are meant to be used with “male” bodytype only.

Yes, you don’t choose a gender, but a “bodytype” when creating a character. :positive:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer

"I doubt its that hard"
Spoken by someone who has never had to use Deformers to animate multiple meshes at the same time because guess what fellas that's the only way you can pull it off. Otherwise enjoy going model to model and baking shapekeys.
And then you have to some how get it working with jiggle physics.
This is already on top of the task of remeshing the model so that its topologically correct and supports correct stretching deformations when animated then the UV shells have to be set properly so they too aren't stretched.

I doubt its that hard.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Can you use photomode while fucking?

This person is asking the right questions.
More important: what defines your possible romance options, your oldschool gender or your... equipment?
Does Judy check between your legs before commiting?
If I ever bother to make Codex approved non-binary tranny, I would rather not end up in a buggy limbo between half of the girls saying "no, you have a peanus" and the other half "no, you have chesticles"...
On second thought that would probably a pretty realistic simulation. So progressive. :hahano:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
From all the impressions here I must say I really look forward to playing this in a years time on my gtx4080 when it is complete!!

Can't wait!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ask Infinitron, he obviously considers them important "valued opinions" or he wouldn't have included them in a news article here and posted them several times:
https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11596
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cyberpunk-2077-reviews.136233/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.122398/page-545#post-7059864

I just copy every PC review that appears on Metacritic lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom