Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
unknown.png

The obvious solution is to run around half-naked in the game
Free the nipple.

Trithne

Erudite
I've had typical bugs, but the highlights so far have been MISSING PREFAB and the officer you need to get the elevator code from near the end of act 1 seemingly despawning and respawning repeatedly in said elevator, not doing anything else. Fortunately he still died to enough shotgun blasts.

PrettyDeadman

60-90 fps on gtx 1070 ti on 1440p/144gz monitor with freesync/gsync.
Playable.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus, this game looks awesome on a high end PC. Fuck the trash PS4 streams people were watching and making judgement based on them.
What is the codex without some laughs at dumbfucks that go "I saw the game with my own eyes, who are you to tell me anything, hurr?"

1M players on Steam only on Day 1. Yeah, pretty fucking crazy.
What did I say? Mainstream cultural impact. That is why stupid shitposters should not question their betters.

Not many people have a 3xxx card or amd equivalent right now, man.
Availability sucks and real price when available is way higher than the initial claims everybody was gushing over.
2080ti seems about equivalent to 3070 in raytracing perf from the tests I've seen.

As for the "I beg to differ", what do you mean? What's your rig and fps/settings?

8600k, 16GB, GTX 1660, 1440p. On medium settings you can get around 40FPS. On high it drops down to 30 and there are dips that are a problem, so medium it is for me.

first impressions is, you gonna need a current CPU to play this game. I got a 4790k, 8GB of RAM, 1080Ti, running off a SSD on medium settings and still got a lot of skips/stutters. Granted I was trying to stream the game, performance may be a bit better without that and if you have more RAM, but game was nearly unplayable during high action sequences. Unkillable NPCs are cancer because unlike Skyrim they don't even react if you toss grenades at them and if you try to run them over your car will slow down automatically until outright forcing you to leave the vehicle. Lot of bugs in the first few hours too, but the majority did seem to be visual in nature except for a certain boxing subquest at the very beginning of the game, I initiated the fight and suddenly the opponent kinda fell over and I don't think I completed the quest properly but whatever. Awful lot of dialogue in the beginning too and they don't really let you 'off the leash' until about an hour and a half into the game. Oh and people were right about the character creator, you don't really get to be white at all, there's only one shade of white and it looks more Asian than white. I'm a mulatto boy, I like to make my charas like a very light tan to reflect that but there's not an option for that.

still, it's got potential. Don't know if it's got potential to be a good RPG, but it's got potential to be a fun game. The gunplay is neat and if you're using melee it's easy to cut off limbs/heads and stuff which is nice. Driving physics are horrible though but I also can't drive very well on a keyboard so that's on me I think.
I have the same configuration - 4790k, 1080ti (Asus ROG Strix), 8 GB DDR3. It runs at 1440p, everything maxed out, at a solid 40fps which drops to 36-39 during daytime in the city. Crowd density is maxed.

60-90 fps on gtx 1070 ti on 1440p/144gz monitor with freesync/gsync.
Playable.
Interesting. That's with all set to ultra/high?

Wow, literally unplayable. I hope thirsty fags writing such posts never see a pussy outside of their displays.

Looks and runs pretty good on my 4 year old computer, 700k players on steam though :o

photomode_10122020_02r1k9c.png
Do you get to such image quality with just turning down the gamma? The daytime looks a bit overly bright for me.

Hellion

Arcane
At the early stages of "Act 1", literally 80% of all side-missions have to do with helping the police directly or indirectly, collect evidence, investigate, break up an assault etc. Which makes the GameSpot review ("I skipped side-content because I didn't want to help TEH POLISE, therefore the game sucks") even more laughable.

cw8

Cipher
Ray Tracing medium. Almost everything on high. Annoying gfx effects like DOF, lens flare all off. 60-70fps with 2060 @ 1080p

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I had my first real shoot out with the game. This definately takes more from the VtmB line of thinking. Its trying to do the Deus Ex thing but because it relys on takedowns as opposed to just landing that perfect headshot or sword blow its more like VtmB in that regard (or even Human Revolution to an extent the boss fights definitely though that's probably a bad thing lol).
But I finally get this game and what they were trying to do and its those shootout moments where the game tends to shine. There's a lot of possible strategies you can use to go through a mission. Sadly the level design doesn't match the same level as say Deus Ex again its very reminiscent of the same design we saw with VtmB in the warehouse section. You go in the front door, there's a set of room arenas and leave out the back door.

But I'll say the combat is good and its surprising. It scratches that VtmB itch so damn well.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
At the early stages of "Act 1", literally 80% of all side-missions have to do with helping the police directly or indirectly, collect evidence, investigate, break up an assault etc. Which makes the GameSpot review ("I skipped side-content because I didn't want to help TEH POLISE, therefore the game sucks") even more laughable.

GameSpot woke queen aside, not being able to side with the criminals and directly sabotage the police is not really praise for the game's C&C.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

I wonder how much of that is leftovers from when you were supposed to start as a NCPD cop(far more interesting, especially now that it seems known that the three origins aren’t even on the level of Dragon Age) .

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
Sadly the level design doesn't match the same level as say Deus Ex again its very reminiscent of the same design we saw with VtmB in the warehouse section.

Sounds good to me, because in Deus Ex too many buildings were too obviously designed to give you multiple routes, it felt much more natural in Bloodlines!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom