Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Whether TW2 is good or shit has nothing to do with this, don't be a dumbfuck. the point is that offering diverging paths that are different to the extent is one of that most meaningfull C&C you could get, far better than a piece of gear or a slide at the game's ending.
It's not smart C&C, however, as you are essentially creating two games at the same time. What you need is variations within set parameters. Changing maps around, making scenes go differently, starting you at a different location, having more or less guards, etc. And only in extreme circumstances give you a different mission. It might not be as flashy, but it's more realistic and it doesn't feel like wasted resources from a development point of view.
oh yeah I understand and agree it's not worth it for the devs most likely and i don't expect to ever see anything like it again, but imo it's a kind of ambitious endeavor I admired about that game.

eilef

Educated
The more i play the more i think how much better this could have been. In 2015 W3 was great for its time. In 2020 after RD2 you do not release "open-world" game like this and expect a praise. We know game developers can do better.

Also, am i the only one who does not like the games aesthetic? Its feels more like Clownpunk, not Cyberpunk to me most of the time. I will admit that there were some stylish scenes in corpo prologue, but that’s about it.

Also, acting, dialogue, your lines are just... not great sometimes. Did someone tried Polish version? Mby its better (I enjoyed W3 with polish dub more than with English one).

Latelistener

Arcane
This game wonderfully shows the difference between Bethesda and CDPR...

Bethesda releases a buggy mess with subpar graphics:
Todd: "We left those bugs in because they were funny."
Players: "Highly moddable, we fix it ourselves."
Reviewers: "We got so many doritos, this will be GOTY for years."

CDPR releases CP77:
Players:"This game does not have 120fps on my 3000$ rig!" "Jackie glitches through elevator doors, totally unplayable!"
Youtubers: "Teehee guys, I got so much merch, it is, like, totally awsome! Like and subscribe meeeee!"
Reviewers: "I did not get doritos, so I didn't really play it. But it's not great. Too much water."

Seriously, everyone mentions Jackie and elevator doors. If that is the game's worst problem, we are well on our way to a "it's good for what it is" consensus. :obviously:
It's not like this is the first time something like that has happened. New Vegas wasn't much buggier than Skyrim, but was much more complex as a game. Yet, a couple of reviewers gave it 6 out of 10 because of bugs, which in the end hurt Obsidian, despite the fact that Zenithesda made the decision to release the game at that state. Skyrim didn't even support more than 4 gigs of RAM on release, which is simply terrible, considering that New Vegas and even Fallout 3 had fan made LAA patches for this case. Yet, vanilla Skyrim has 94 on Metacritic.

But toads aside, CP2077 clearly isn't ready for release. Their minuscule delays were a clear indication that they want to use as much time as possible to at least make it playable. Some journo who've seen the game told that it should be post-poned till 2021, but he also understands that it won't happen. So, Enhanced Edition it is.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I'm on a GTX 1080 TI with 32 GB of RAM and a Ryzen 7 2700X. If I run the game at High at 1440p I get awful performance. Never reaching beyond 60FPS and mostly staying at 40. The graphics aren't so good that it should be able to destroy my 1080 like that. I tried at medium settings and it's only a slight improvement. Even running at 1080p. I made sure the frame limiter and vsync are off. Tuned down some settings even more and reduced crowd density to low. And I'm happy to report that if I am staring at a wall with no lights on then I get a solid 60 FPS that then dips to 30-40 FPS if I dare to move from that spot. A lot of reviews are saying the game runs better on DLSS. And I think CDPR are leveraging that for performance. You can get double the frames. Naturally this tech is unavailable for my graphics card.

This game wasn't ready to come out yet at all. God forbid what this game will look like on a 1060. Or whatever it is you slavs use.
i suspect what dlss is actually doing is scaling down less important textures. so they don't clog up the rendering. if it was used to upscale them, it would result in less fps instead of more.
that's like hitting 2 birds with one stone:
1. you don't have to optimize the textures to fit the size of the objects saving a lot of work hours. you just scan every texture you use at 4k for example, be it a wall or a carton of milk and let the dlss scale down the textures for the carton of milk for the renderer at the cost of user processing power making even the newest cards perform less than optimal.
2. and you make it impossible for cards that can't dlss to render anything at more than a few fps, because most of the time there will be more than enough objects on screen each with 4k textures that the card will have no choice but fully render.

the size of the game also kind of gives it away.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I pressed the inventory button and came back the streets were empty lol. Interesting bug.
Btw I now know that children are immortal to hand grenades. Decline confirmed.

Israfael

Arcane
I haven't played this game nor intend to do so, but can anyone actually give an opinion on the music? I've been watching a stream that Hamster mentioned yesterday and the in-car music was really atrocious, typical vaporwave/sovietwave/whatever-wave compilations on youtube sound miles more cyberpunky as compared to the mumbling that can be heard in-game ("невнятное бормотание", as we say here)

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Awful performance is really subjective.
I7 4790K, GTX 980, 1080p, everything at max except that "psycho" reflection setting that is 'merely' at Ultra, and it works fine. Not constant 30 FPS in crowded areas, but does it really matter ? Playability is perfect.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Seems like baths or showers aren't a thing in Night City
There's a shower in your apartment.
Your char uses it with both hands put against the wall, like it's some sort of strip search from behind by the police or something lol
What I meant is that all the npcs etc. all look really dirty. Like they haven't had a shower or a bath in days

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I7 4790K, GTX 980, 1080p, everything at max except that "psycho" reflection setting that is 'merely' at Ultra, and it works fine. Not constant 30 FPS in crowded areas, but does it really matter ? Playability is perfect.

Interesting. That's exactly my setup as well. Might wait for the first bug fixes though.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
What do you mean, I don't understand.
This simply means. A developer who uses in his game stuff used by medical equipment, in controlled environment to diagnose patients to find how bad they have epilepsy, can be put in prison for trying to cause epileptic seizures.

It's that simple. Warning against epileptic seizures is used to prevent ACCIDENTAL seizures. But neither game, nor movie/TV are allowed to cause epileptic seizures on purpose, or release product so badly designed it has high risk of causing epileptic seizures.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Some said that DLSS causes blurriness. Not if you set it to Quality. I've looked closely on detailed surfaces and there was no difference. The same with distant objects. I've even noticed a distant light source that looked sharper with DLSS. But DLSS on Quality changes one thing - fps jumped from around 60 to 100 (no ray tracing, all blurry effects turned off, everything else max).
Another setting that has a high impact on fps is screen space reflections quality. Turning it from psycho to ultra gives another 20 fps. Besides, this is the setting that causes that weird constantly flickering smudginess/blurriness/non-sharpness on somewhat distant surfaces. You have to turn it off to remove that. This setting is fucked.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
A 2070S running about 58-65 fps with RT medium, everything else max at 1440p. Considerably better than the pre-release benchmarks.

What DLSS setting? Anything below "quality" starts looking rough, I'd rather have the crisper high-res look than RT reflections.

Yeah, I think especially there's some kind of overall blur or excessively aggressive AA that is making all of the edges look too blurry. Even the bike which is detailed, all the edges look awful.

Turn off the dumb movie effects like film grain and such and it's a remarkably crisp looking game IMO. No blurriness at all really.

Nomad does feel underwhelming.

So did Corpo, they're basically long cutscenes. Rest of the game seems better than I expected so far, but the "origins" are definitely disappointing. Don't expect Dragon Age 1 type stuff at all. Though I have had a couple unique "corpo" dialogues after the intro.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Not constant 30 FPS lmao wtf is this?

I'd consider anything below 60 FPS a deal braker.

Fuck this gayme i'll wait five years on my next upgrade so i can snatch the GOTY edition for five bucks on G2A.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any way to free brick besides disarming the mine? I tried to think creatively and bring some dead body to stand in front of the laser for him, but I guess in present day game development, things don't work that way.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Is there any way to free brick besides disarming the mine? I tried to think creatively and bring some dead body to stand in front of the laser for him, but I guess in present day game development, things don't work that way.

Would have worked in an Arkane game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom