Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

bloodlover

Arcane
What is a good lifepath to start for someone not familiar with the Cyberpunk lore and universe?

Perkel

Arcane
Just about finish prologue.

So far on my GTX1080 and Ryzen3600 game runs on ultra@1080p around 40-50fps i had to switch FidelityFX (dyn res and sharpening) to keep it at 60.

So far easily the best looking game i have ever seen. I noticed few glitches like peds despawning from time to time and animations weirdly ending or starting from time to time but so far no huge bugs in sight which is suprising.

As for peds density. There is peds density switch in pc options. And peds density really depends on where you are. That first opening from your apartement is always full of people in like e3 trailer but some parts of town are ghostlands depending on time of day. That being said this is no GTA5. Roads are incredibly tiny and with amount of traffic there is already it is hard to not hit something. I saw few times literal traffic jams but in other times there are no cars on road for a while.
If you would say to me CP2077 was made 2 years later and for next gen only i would believe it.

System wise, this is probably the first game from CDPR where they actually build decent system. There seems to be plethora of things to invest in. If that system will hold up after a while it reminds to be seen.

ChildInTime

Learned
Is there any way to free brick besides disarming the mine? I tried to think creatively and bring some dead body to stand in front of the laser for him, but I guess in present day game development, things don't work that way.
Just hack the door, or do you mean the mine, and just talking about the creative way to solve the problem?

toroid

Arcane
This looks really boring, like every single aspect is generic gaudy degenerate AAA shit.
Same old everything-but-the-kitchen-sink approach to gameplay system design for maximum appeal; rpg/crafting/perks/customization/shooter/melee/detective vision/etc
Was all of the appeal generated by the marketing, or is there any actual value in this?

Rieser

Scholar
I'll admit I'm enjoying it so far. Not experiencing the myriad of technical issues people have been complainong about, thankfully.

It does suffer from the same junk bullshit that Witcher 3 did though, with crap lying around everywhere for you to pick up, and as the autistic hoarder that I am I keep doing it.

Harthwain

Magister
I noticed in one of the gameplays that when you're too close to cover the character raises the weapon. It's a nice touch, I wish more games with guns paid attention to such details (it can also be a very important tactical consideration, you know bringing a gun with long barrel into CQC).

Ruslan

Novice
Is anyone having a problem sneaking so far? I keep trying to creep forward to stay undetected, but my character randomly jumps forwards and stands up suddenly.

Gargaune

Magister
Early performance impressions on an i7 9700K, 16GB RAM and RTX 2070 running at 1680x1050 on (mostly) Ultra. This is all from the starting prologue areas, and I've got Depth of Field and Motion and Blur and all that off since I don't like 'em.

- DLSS makes a huge difference in framerates, but at the expense of visual artefacts, including localized blur and aliasing, and CPU load. With it on, I saw my CPU take another 5C to hover in the 80-85C temperature range, even with the odd 90+ peak on individual cores. Your mileage may vary, my case cooling is rather poor, but keep an eye on that shit if you're riding the edge. If you do use DLSS, you want the Quality setting, Auto/Performance are too artefact-prone.
- RTX looks great, but it's an FPS killer, my gameplay gets choppy if I run it without DLSS, tanking 20FPS down to the low 30s in Lizzy's Bar. The difference between RTX Medium and Ultra is visible, but much smaller than on or off, and weighs in at around 5FPS. The individual RTX subsettings for Reflections and Shadows give you a handful of frames each, but I think that if I were running that tight that I'd need to turn off either, I'd just give up on RTX altogether and ditch DLSS to get rid of artefacts and give my CPU more breathing room.
- Ironically, my GPU is significantly less stressed than in Deus Ex 4. The temperature monitor confirms this, it sits in the 70C midrange, but I could tell even by the fan noise.
- I was surprised by how quick overall load times were. Granted, I'm running it on an SSD, but even so it's much quicker than Deus Ex 4 and I think it's even quicker than Fallout 4.

I can't comment on gameplay yet, I'm still at the phase of adjusting my configuration, but I will say off the bat that the UI is poor. And the fact that the default action key is hardcoded to "F" screams of bullshit console-focus, just as was the case with Fallout 4's "E" (which Bethesda then only halfway fixed, in typical fashion, since some of the UI menus did follow the new binding but other didn't). Someone really ought to tell CDPR that in 2020, a mouse can have more than three buttons.

Another mystifying oversight is the lack of a savegame profile interface. It's an "RPG", people are gonna make multiple characters, right? Especially since you've got multiple origins. What's stupendous is that there was an excellent opportunity by just allowing the player to give V a "real name" that would act as a profile selection. Thankfully, it looks like modders are already eyeballing Cyberpunk's decline, but it's frustrating to have to consider external mods for such basic features.

P.S. The reason that mouse cursors are traditionally in the form of an arrow is because it's easy to follow on-screen due to the larger part of the triangle, unlike a dot or a crosshair, but also precise at the "pointy" end, allowing for quick and accurate interaction with displayed objects. Various stylised implementations have appeared over time, from triangles and chevrons to pointing hands and gauntlets, but this basic, intuitive design has remained consistent and recognisable to users. Incidentally, a mouse cursor is also called a mouse "pointer." So when you go out and shape your mouse cursor as a giant fucking square with a minus in the middle, you know it's time to press F to check for brain damage.

Ulysa

Scholar
No one is talking about story and characters so I'm going to guess they are just serviceable. This reminds me of RDR2 and W3 in the sense that the world was amazing and pretty but then I got bored in 2 hs. It's interesting how fast your brain gets used to graphics, bad or good, and they are never enough to make a game shit or great.

No one is talking about story and characters so I'm going to guess they are just serviceable. This reminds me of RDR2 and W3 in the sense that the world was amazing and pretty but then I got bored in 2 hs. It's interesting how fast your brain gets used to graphics, bad or good, and they are never enough to make a game shit or great.
I haven't still got around to giving it a try because I'm actually completing RDR2 at the moment, but I'm highly skeptical that Cyberpunk has even 20% as reactive and living world RDR2 does.

overly excitable young man

God the bullet sponge mini bosses are real - like putting 50 shotgun salves in their heads and they're still standing

Gargaune

Magister
I haven't still got around to giving it a try because I'm actually completing RDR2 at the moment, but I'm highly skeptical that Cyberpunk has even 20% as reactive and living world RDR2 does.
Is RDR 2 so much better than GTA V? I played the latter for close to twenty hours, got bored to tears and then I played uninstall.exe. The heists were fun, but everything else was soul-crushing "activities" drudgery. Parallel that to The Witcher 3, where I was constantly hooked for more than a hundred hours.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Tag spam all mf that said dead city based on leaks LOL

Codex, codex wrong yet again.
Never forget the names of the dumbfucks and remind them of what retarded children they are. This is the way.

So far easily the best looking game i have ever seen.
For me that's RDR2, but CP77 has a lot of potential when they optimize things more. Also, I've yet to play it with all the RTX effects on.

Would have worked in an Arkane game
Just hack the door, or do you mean the mine, and just talking about the creative way to solve the problem?
Actually I found a way on my own. Besides disarming the mine which requires tech skill, you can "scan" it and "remote disable" it via your hacking skill.

Is RDR 2 so much better than GTA V? I played the latter for close to twenty hours, got bored to tears and then I played uninstall.exe. The heists were fun, but everything else was soul-crushing "activities" drudgery. Parallel that to The Witcher 3, where I was constantly hooked for more than a hundred hours.
I dunno, it might've been you're not too big on the setting and the time period itself. I'm finding the experience quite delightful. For all my years of gaming, I can hands down claim that RDR2 has the most responsive, living world out there. A rare instance of combining quality and quantity not at the expense of either. The writing is witty, the characterization is superb, I'm honestly impressed with the game so far.

darkfader

Novice
Early performance impressions on an i7 9700K, 16GB RAM and RTX 2070 running at 1680x1050 on (mostly) Ultra. This is all from the starting prologue areas, and I've got Depth of Field and Motion and Blur and all that off since I don't like 'em.

- DLSS makes a huge difference in framerates, but at the expense of visual artefacts, including localized blur and aliasing, and CPU load. With it on, I saw my CPU take another 5C to hover in the 80-85C temperature range, even with the odd 90+ peak on individual cores. Your mileage may vary, my case cooling is rather poor, but keep an eye on that shit if you're riding the edge. If you do use DLSS, you want the Quality setting, Auto/Performance are too artefact-prone.
- RTX looks great, but it's an FPS killer, my gameplay gets choppy if I run it without DLSS, tanking 20FPS down to the low 30s in Lizzy's Bar. The difference between RTX Medium and Ultra is visible, but much smaller than on or off, and weighs in at around 5FPS. The individual RTX subsettings for Reflections and Shadows give you a handful of frames each, but I think that if I were running that tight that I'd need to turn off either, I'd just give up on RTX altogether and ditch DLSS to get rid of artefacts and give my CPU more breathing room.
- Ironically, my GPU is significantly less stressed than in Deus Ex 4. The temperature monitor confirms this, it sits in the 70C midrange, but I could tell even by the fan noise.
- I was surprised by how quick overall load times were. Granted, I'm running it on an SSD, but even so it's much quicker than Deus Ex 4 and I think it's even quicker than Fallout 4.

I can't comment on gameplay yet, I'm still at the phase of adjusting my configuration, but I will say off the bat that the UI is poor. And the fact that the default action key is hardcoded to "F" screams of bullshit console-focus, just as was the case with Fallout 4's "E" (which Bethesda then only halfway fixed, in typical fashion, since some of the UI menus did follow the new binding but other didn't). Someone really ought to tell CDPR that in 2020, a mouse can have more than three buttons.

Another mystifying oversight is the lack of a savegame profile interface. It's an "RPG", people are gonna make multiple characters, right? Especially since you've got multiple origins. What's stupendous is that there was an excellent opportunity by just allowing the player to give V a "real name" that would act as a profile selection. Thankfully, it looks like modders are already eyeballing Cyberpunk's decline, but it's frustrating to have to consider external mods for such basic features.

P.S. The reason that mouse cursors are traditionally in the form of an arrow is because it's easy to follow on-screen due to the larger part of the triangle, unlike a dot or a crosshair, but also precise at the "pointy" end, allowing for quick and accurate interaction with displayed objects. Various stylised implementations have appeared over time, from triangles and chevrons to pointing hands and gauntlets, but this basic, intuitive design has remained consistent and recognisable to users. Incidentally, a mouse cursor is also called a mouse "pointer." So when you go out and shape your mouse cursor as a giant fucking square with a minus in the middle, you know it's time to press F to check for brain damage.

Good to see an actual review.
How long have you been configuring the game?
Are you running GYNC monitor?

Yeah, I'm for sure going to need to get a newer GFX card before i hit this.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Played for 3 hours last night on my base PS4. What a great experience. I'm role playing that my character has glitchy, low grade optical implants.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I wish I had filmed that but my new favourite bug just happened. In a gunfight my weapon didn't load. But I could see my character's hands.

I was basically pointing my fingers at the enemies and pew pew pew.

I hope it occurs again so I can record this

DeepOcean

Arcane
Did what AwesomeButton said and increased the sharpness on Nvidia's control panel, also placed ignore film grain by 30% or the image quality gets too messed up, the quality of the image really improved. So far, doing the main quest, just alot of NPC talking. The brain dance thing is just yet another minigame, it is a very interesting minigame where you need to analyse a recording in three different tracks, the visual, audio and heat. It is a cool minigame until CDPR decided the players are too dumb and just pretty much tell you where to look to find the clues, defeating the whole point of the thing. It would be nice if you could miss stuff with consequences but nope, unless you really want to mess up on purpose.

You get an attribute point and a perk point a level, it seems the perks are the ones doing the heavy lifting of the character building, so far, I'm focusing on a stealth build, on very hard, enemies seem really bullet spongy and stealth is the easiest way to rank up damage, the Ai seems to be on the same level of other popamole games, dumb as brinks so a stealth build should do it fine. The perks I chosen do more damage, more stealth speed and etc, very useful but they are very straight forward. It would be unfair to say it is the usual popamole perk system as most games are much worse than cyberpunk on this department but it is still the "Lets take a perk that increase damage by 100% and divide it into five other perks only to fill a perk screen."

The game seems to be going for a looter shooter kind of game with different quality levels but with crafting replacing grindind as a way to upgrade your shit, you can loot enemy weapons and sell them later(you would be surprised with the quantity of AAA games that dont have this revolutionnaire feature). So far, the basic gameplay loop is a mix of the later Far Cry games, Watch Dogs and Deus Ex Human Revolution, all that AAA usual stuff, different loot quality levels, a crafting system, a barebones perk system disguised as a RPG system. At least, here, it seems you going with different perks actually change the gameplay a bit and it seems going for a stealth build will be a different experience than going with a muscle for brains so replayability seems to actually be a factor. Another thing I liked is that money is tight and you actually need to decide which stuff to buy what is incline from the average popamole.

When I'm comparing with Far Cry, I mean only the basic gameplay loop, shooting and loot, the game isnt only a bunch of repetitive bs spread on a map, there is actually interesting side content here. If is actually an Ubisoft kind of game where Ubisoft actually placed more effort on the basic gameplay loop and actually tried to write better dialog and stories. Unfortunately, so far, the level design is pretty straightfoward and I'm yet to see a level like the police station on Deus Ex Human Revolution or the bank level on Mankind Divided (Im using really low standards here), however, I'm still on act 1, we will see how things will play out. I dont expect a full on "immersive sim" (I hate this term) as it is a story fag open world game but multiple approach routes on a level would be nice.

TLDR: It is like Ubisoft decided to make a open world story fag game, actually hired better writers to write it for it and tried to improve their popamole gameplay by 50%, enough to not be so simple minded as a typical Ubisoft game but no more to not overload the monkey brains of the average normie. It is no incline game but it is fun to play with the basic systems, hacking cameras, making shit explode and the writing seems decent. It will be totally a Codex GOTY like Witcher 3.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I wish I had filmed that but my new favourite bug just happened. In a gunfight my weapon didn't load. But I could see my character's hands.

I was basically pointing my fingers at the enemies and pew pew pew.

I hope it occurs again so I can record this
It's not a bug, just a powerful commentary on America's 2nd amendment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom