Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone have any idea where the game saves pictures taken in Photo Mode? There's nothing in My Documents or My Pictures or even in the game's installation folder.
C:\Users\your username here\Pictures\Cyberpunk 2077

The quality is a bit better than Steam's uncompressed screenshots I think.

MFzzcmQ.jpeg

Danikas

Arcane
Does anyone have any idea where the game saves pictures taken in Photo Mode? There's nothing in My Documents or My Pictures or even in the game's installation folder.
User name/ pictures/ cyberpunk2077

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I didn't mentioned because i thought codex goty was WRPG only , not JRPG. My bad.

There's no rule against JRPGs, but I wouldn't expect one to win.

So, is this game playable full stealth?

I've been playing 90% stealth but there are absolutely some rare circumstances where action is mandated by the story. More Bethesda than Deus Ex I suppose, in that way. I've only played 5 or so hours though, maybe those action moments are even more rare over the course of the game.

overly excitable young man

From now on i wont buy games without simulated dicks anymore.

I wonder how games even worked without that feature.

Machocruz

Arcane
Dipshit AAA game developers don't understand what the word 'perk' means. It's supposed to be an extra, not the backbone of your character building system. And Pondsmith is ok with what they did with his system. Clown world.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
My 2 cents gfx-wise: What Gargaune said. On I7-6700K 2080rtx, I get around 60 fps with all bells and whistles, dropping a bit lower in crowded areas. Which is OK. Switching off raytracing gives +20-40 fps. so in action-sequences I'd really switch it off to get more fluid control.
I haven't seen that much of the game yet, but it is too "clean". It's like someone took neuromancer, shadowrun and deus x; added some zeitgeist and newspeak and finished with a HEAVY dose of detergent. Dialogue and Story is completely braindead for now.
As a corpo you show like ZERO emotions or anything when your boss sics you unto his boss in a mighty zaibatsu. Only a few 5-10 word lines, nonchalantly stating that "my life is on the line". This is how this game feels, dead and sanitized, but it tries to make up for this with ample imagery.
Dunno.

Hellion

Arcane
Thanks for the replies, there's probably something wrong with my GoG Overlay. The CP2077 folder in Pictures is empty despite having taken several screenshots.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Is anyone having a problem sneaking so far? I keep trying to creep forward to stay undetected, but my character randomly jumps forwards and stands up suddenly.
The game thinks you are double-tapping the key which makes you dodge in that direction.

Did what AwesomeButton said and increased the sharpness on Nvidia's control panel, also placed ignore film grain by 30% or the image quality gets too messed up, the quality of the image really improved. So far, doing the main quest, just alot of NPC talking. The brain dance thing is just yet another minigame, it is a very interesting minigame where you need to analyse a recording in three different tracks, the visual, audio and heat. It is a cool minigame until CDPR decided the players are too dumb and just pretty much tell you where to look to find the clues, defeating the whole point of the thing. It would be nice if you could miss stuff with consequences but nope, unless you really want to mess up on purpose.
What resolution do you play in? 1080p? Did you also disable AA from the control panel? Since CP77 has no setting for anti aliasing, I disabled it from the nvidia control panel, but didn't feel any difference.

None of the graphics options seems to have a significant impact on the framerate in my experience. What remains effective is of course turning the resolution down.

Played 4 hours last night, 1 hour at lunch, and the only serious bug I've run into so far was in the virtual combat tutorial. In one segment you have to sneak up behind a guard, but every time I moved it toggled me out of crouching. I tried that about ten times (since it's a simulation it just resets when you fail) before quitting the game. When I reloaded it had checkpoint-saved me at the beginning of that segment and the crouch worked fine.

There's also an annoying bit of UI design where B toggles crouching and B also skips conversation. So if you try to crouch or stand while someone is talking, you miss the dialogue.

Pretty neat so far.

Turjan

Arcane
The good thing about needing new glasses is that most graphics options - of the few available to me - look the same.
The bad thing is how hard it gets to find the loot between all those glowing power cables and whatnot.

So far the game's fun enough though. I haven't really seen any glitches, except the one everyone sees (because it happens close to the start).

Readher

Savant
Can someone explain to me why V hands over the chip during the Corpo intro?
They only threatened his life after he gave it to them.
I think they mentioned hiring him back after he gave the chip to them, but after he handed it over no one mentioned it again.

I'm already angry that I didn't have the choice to just not hand over the chip, but I don't understand the logic behind handing it over in the first place unless V is both stupid enough to think they'd re-hire him after giving it over and no one mentions that they didn't do what they said they would do.

They had full control over all the Arasaka cybernetics you had and were overloading them or whatever causing severe pain. They say they'll stop once you hand over the chip.

Being hired again is not mentioned in the scene.
You can mention it to Hanako in Embers though.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I am having parts of my house renovated before I sell it. There's a 30 foot ladder outside my window while a guy replaces the shutters.

He happens to walk up the ladder while I am on the penis selection screen. My cyber-penis is fully visible to this man who is braving a 30 foot drop.

Imagine the state of the world right now: A first-world, highly-educated man living in the last remaining military superpower who is getting paid to work from home adjusts the penis-slider for his make-believe hero character in an RPG made by Polacks while a Honduran man staples plastic shutters to my brick house so I can make an extra $10,000 when I sell this place for a bigger one.

Last edited:

overly excitable young man

Lol they combined all the lame ass quests from Witcher 3 like contracts in one npc - Regina Jones
And if that bitch calls you you already know thats it cant be important
Wonder if you can block people on the phone

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah game has a lot of that kind of glitches. I got one where jackie giving me chip instead gave me gun into my head because for some reason chip switched place with gun... Thankfully most of these things are of that nature i am yet to even see one gameplay bug.

No one is talking about story and characters so I'm going to guess they are just serviceable. This reminds me of RDR2 and W3 in the sense that the world was amazing and pretty but then I got bored in 2 hs. It's interesting how fast your brain gets used to graphics, bad or good, and they are never enough to make a game shit or great.

Just finished prologue and so far this is legit good story wise, character wise. I think the time skip after introduction is annoying and feels like it should have been you playing few missions before that big job. Especially after coming to night city at start. Took me around 5-6 hours for that prologue and i didn't at all explore anything other than main quest.

Now that i finished prologue the feeling i got is like watching my steam backlog because of how many open quest there are and i didn't even look at the map yet.

So far the best part of it is the world. This is literally best designed city in game period ever. The thing that blows my mind with it is that everything is so fucking detailed that it is hardly believable that someone actually made that. It feels as dense as in games where you have scripted sequences at parties or something where everything is "dense" but here it is normal.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom