Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Low settings on a potato PC (official low recommended configuration).

Yep, that comes relatively close to my experience.

i5-2500k 3.3 GHz, GTX 960 1 GB, 32 GB RAM

It gets a bit sluggish sometimes.

LoL i beat that for sure,even double it,there is a chance of the game running on me toaster.

Jozoz

Prophet
Saw some reviews kind of saying the world lacked literary depth. Any one who played the game who can chime in?

They were also saying the main story is completely removed and it's own thing and pretty far removed from the general universe depicted in the game world?

Any truth to those things? I very much hope not. I'm getting some serious Fallout 3 vibes just from reading those things in a review.

None

Scholar
Been playing since last night and all I can say is so far so good! Hoping this helps brings more 1st Person RPG/Immersive Sims to the market. I adore the immersive sim genre and wish there were more titles than the handful we currently have.

Only thing I can say is outright bad are the animations. When they work they are good, but there is a big problem with animation transitions that are bad or nonexistant. Lots of jerkiness as a result. Also the menu/UI needs to be smoother. Not sure if it is just me, but there is a small delay (maybe 0.5 seconds?) on bringing up the quick-select menu that bugs the hell out of me.

Readher

Savant
The dialogue options are worse than in Fallout 4 most of the time. In Fallout 4 you usually at least had Yes and No. Here it's just Yes 1 and Yes 2 or No 1 and No 2. The fact your MC almost always talks and acts like a 50 IQ inbred retard who swears every second word doesn't help either. I suggest anyone who wants to go Arasaka route to pick corpo lifepath, which allows to act with some grace and dignity when dealing with Arasaka later on. Everyone was excited for Cyberpunk because it went away with pre-set MC (Geralt), and here comes CDPR, with Geralt v2. The studio doesn't know why people love RPG games, or they know but aren't capable of delivering that experience. Either way, they need to get their shit together and either stop pretending that they're creating RPGs or implement the systems properly.

Terenty

Liturgist
I remember a couple of days ago folks here were discussing who they were gonna roleplay in CP2077 living and breathing world...

Ah, good times

Unwanted

†††

Patron
The dialogue options are worse than in Fallout 4 most of the time. In Fallout 4 you usually at least had Yes and No. Here it's just Yes 1 and Yes 2 or No 1 and No 2. The fact your MC almost always talks and acts like a 50 IQ inbred retard who swears every second word doesn't help either. I suggest anyone who wants to go Arasaka route to pick corpo lifepath, which allows to act with some grace and dignity when dealing with Arasaka later on. Everyone was excited for Cyberpunk because it went away with pre-set MC (Geralt), and here comes CDPR, with Geralt v2. The studio doesn't know why people love RPG games, or they know but aren't capable of delivering that experience. Either way, they need to get their shit together and either stop pretending that they're creating RPGs or implement the systems properly.

Voiced PCs were a mistake and were never anything else other than pure and unadulterated decline.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Only thing I can say is outright bad are the animations.

Combat animations are pretty standard, I think, but dialogue animations are easily the best I've ever seen. NPCs casually and naturally interact with the environment while talking to you and some of the facial reactions are just nuts.

Readher

Savant

Voiced PCs were a mistake and were never anything else other than pure and unadulterated decline.
As much as the game itself was mostly shit, I gotta admit DA:I had probably the best voiced protag as far as roleplay goes and it even had 2 voices per fucking gender. Almost every time you had dialogue options there were multiple ways you could react like stoic, aggressive, questioning, scared, etc. Naturally it's still limiting compared to non-voiced protags where you can include like 10 responses easily, but it was still decent and certainly much, much better than what we've got in Cyberpunk and other AAA cinematic RPGs.

Perkel

Arcane
System wise i noticed that they fixed money. Money is even harder to come by than in TW1. There is plenty of loot around but nothing is worth anything. Most of the money seems to come from actual quests where you get paid and selling chips sometimes found on dudes. I sold 2 of those in my 10 hours for around 300 $€ each while enemy guns and shit sells for about 20-70, junk items are not even worth picking up as they sell for around 1-2-3 $€.

Basically there is shitload of thing to pickup but almost all of the loot is worthless and you need to be choosy, hacking also seems to be profitable as i got from one terminal around 1000 $€

On other hand if you want to spend money and buy implants you are looking at 5k-10k a pop and all of those are low tier implants not even "rare"

my hobo, going for that 80s metal style.

unknown.png

As of melee combat. It is not going to win prizes but it definitely is above skyrim combat and i don't have issues with it, i noticed that on controler it auto locks you to enemy kind of like DS games so dodging etc is more systemic than wide mashing on mouse on pc.

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
The writing is top notch btw

I especially like how fixers introduce themselves to you

"Hello, V! My name is Cyber Cock, nice to meet you! You are a very special person indeed and and i'm terribly sorry to interrupt, but please if you want to do quests just give me a call. It was a pleasure!"

The atmosphere of a ruthless criminal world is spot on

None

Scholar
Only thing I can say is outright bad are the animations.

Combat animations are pretty standard, I think, but dialogue animations are easily the best I've ever seen. NPCs casually and naturally interact with the environment while talking to you and some of the facial reactions are just nuts.

The only thing I really have issue with are the dialogue animations. Lots of NPCs "snapping back" to a default/neutral position between their animations that makes it look like they experienced a micro-seizure or something. But other than that the animations themselves are great.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
console version vs pc:

I'm playing it at ultra settings (no ray tracing) and it looks closer to that console shot honestly. Maybe with global illumination turned on at the right time of day you'll get closer to the supposed "PC" shot, but enjoy 30fps at DLSS performance setting.

The dialogue options are worse than in Fallout 4 most of the time. In Fallout 4 you usually at least had Yes and No. Here it's just Yes 1 and Yes 2 or No 1 and No 2. The fact your MC almost always talks and acts like a 50 IQ inbred retard who swears every second word doesn't help either.

I think there's plenty of flavor dialogs (colored blue) and also I've used my stats and corpo origin quite a bit for unique dialog. Hard to judge choice and consequence this early though. It definitely doesn't have New Vegas style dialogue trees and shit though, no.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
The only thing I really have issue with are the dialogue animations. Lots of NPCs "snapping back" to a default/neutral position between their animations that makes it look like they experienced a micro-seizure or something. But other than that the animations themselves are great.

I'm getting those snap backs and cuts on regular NPCs walking down the street, but very rarely in dialogues. But I guess I'm lucky, it's been generally light on bugs for me so far.

CDPR's recommended system requirements vs nvidia's opinion on them

image.png
Zrzut-ekranu-2020-12-10-214212.png

Nvidia recommended settings is the most useless shit ever. I'm running this on a 2080 and a 3700x and Nvidia defaults to 4k and everything maxed.

Dexter

Arcane
can this game be considered rpg?
Can someone explain why the choice and consequence is even worse than witcher 3 here, even though they had more budget? Did they squander it all on marketing or something? Why is making a proper rpg that hard for companies?
Should've taken the hints:
oDldUQQ.png

On the other hand it's sharing this prestigious RPG section with releases like the last three Assassin's Creeds, Horizon Zero Dawn and Dying Light 2, it's not like the Codex still cares about what an "RPG" is either. I wouldn't be surprised to see Far Cry on here soon.

Wether TW2 is good or shit has nothing to do with this, don't be a dumbfuck. the point is that offering diverging paths that are different to the extent is one of that most meaningfull C&C you could get, far better than a piece of gear or a slide at the game's ending.
The question was whether it's worth it from a design or game developer perspective. How many people are even going to finish your game once? Apparently the answer according to Achievements is somewhere at 22%? How many of those people are going play your game again to see the other path? We don't exactly know, but probably a miniscule portion of that. Does it make sense to design an entirely different hub with locations, NPCs and Quests that you otherwise wouldn't get to see for a diverging path that only a miniscule amount of players are even going to see? Is that the best way to invest resources or should you possibly do something else that might have more impact (like have different diverging Quests paths or solutions) instead? Sounds like a resounding no, there's things to do that make a lot more sense.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Just about finish prologue.

So far on my GTX1080 and Ryzen3600 game runs on ultra@1080p around 40-50fps i had to switch FidelityFX (dyn res and sharpening) to keep it at 60.

So far easily the best looking game i have ever seen. I noticed few glitches like peds despawning from time to time and animations weirdly ending or starting from time to time but so far no huge bugs in sight which is suprising.

As for peds density. There is peds density switch in pc options. And peds density really depends on where you are. That first opening from your apartement is always full of people in like e3 trailer but some parts of town are ghostlands depending on time of day. That being said this is no GTA5. Roads are incredibly tiny and with amount of traffic there is already it is hard to not hit something. I saw few times literal traffic jams but in other times there are no cars on road for a while.
If you would say to me CP2077 was made 2 years later and for next gen only i would believe it.

System wise, this is probably the first game from CDPR where they actually build decent system. There seems to be plethora of things to invest in. If that system will hold up after a while it reminds to be seen.

1080p res? I have a 1080 GTX and was wondering about resolution/fps

Readher

Savant
Game looks really boring, hand-holdy and there's no rpg in sight.
Codex goty material.
Thankfully there's WotR next year and BG3 in (most likely) 2 years, so we should have nice two consecutive years after this disappointment.

And there's also Bethesda Family Lieutenant to sate our more sandbox-y needs.

KVVRR

Learned
Saw some reviews kind of saying the world lacked literary depth. Any one who played the game who can chime in?

They were also saying the main story is completely removed and it's own thing and pretty far removed from the general universe depicted in the game world?

Any truth to those things? I very much hope not. I'm getting some serious Fallout 3 vibes just from reading those things in a review.
Can't talk for the depth part but as for the main story yes, it's true.
Once you get Keanu in your head the game spends a shitton of time pretty much telling you that you're going to have alzheimers and eventually you'll become Keanu himself in two to three weeks tops. Problem is you can still dick around in the city like nothing's happening doing side quests with your buddy Keanu at your side

orcinator

Liturgist
Oh some interesting stuff:
On max difficulty you are actually quite tanky for a shootan rpg. You can stand and tank a salvo from an enemy and survive in the red, if he is not an elite or anything. Stray headshots will not take you out.
Your damage output also stays relatively high. The game gives you a lot of skills and tools to boost your damage, and with my fancy revolver I can kill enemy in two shots usually, which come out very fast. Even bosses aren't ultra tanky like in other games.
You are less vulnerable than in Fallout 4 survival mode while dealing more damage for comparison.
This makes the game pretty easy on max.
I dunno, feels like I die in 2 seconds if I'm close to an enemy. Of course if I manage to press X in those 2 seconds I can take an inhaler for the lead based asthma attack and end up fine. Maybe it gets (even)easier once I reach double digit levels.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
is there a way to re-create the faces of the male and female protagonists that were shown 1 year ago?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom