Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
is there a way to re-create the faces of the male and female protagonists that were shown 1 year ago?

Readher

Savant
Saw some reviews kind of saying the world lacked literary depth. Any one who played the game who can chime in?

They were also saying the main story is completely removed and it's own thing and pretty far removed from the general universe depicted in the game world?

Any truth to those things? I very much hope not. I'm getting some serious Fallout 3 vibes just from reading those things in a review.
Can't talk for the depth part but as for the main story yes, it's true.
Once you get Keanu in your head the game spends a shitton of time pretty much telling you that you're going to have alzheimers and eventually you'll become Keanu himself in two to three weeks tops. Problem is you can still dick around in the city like nothing's happening doing side quests with your buddy Keanu at your side
What you're talking about in the spoiler is a bane of pretty much every RPG. Regardless if there's an alien invasion, huge swarm of monsters ravaging the world, some evil god descending to do apocalypse - you'll always have quests to look for someone's kitten or to gather a few herbs for someone.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Saw some reviews kind of saying the world lacked literary depth. Any one who played the game who can chime in?

They were also saying the main story is completely removed and it's own thing and pretty far removed from the general universe depicted in the game world?

Any truth to those things? I very much hope not. I'm getting some serious Fallout 3 vibes just from reading those things in a review.
Once you get Keanu in your head the game spends a shitton of time pretty much telling you that you're going to have alzheimers and eventually you'll become Keanu himself in two to three weeks tops. Problem is you can still dick around in the city like nothing's happening doing side quests with your buddy Keanu at your side
What you're talking about in the spoiler is a bane of pretty much every RPG. Regardless if there's an alien invasion, huge swarm of monsters ravaging the world, some evil god descending to do apocalypse - you'll always have quests to look for someone's kitten or to gather a few herbs for someone.

Very few RPGs have the balls to do this. Kingmaker got crucified by most normies for having realistic time limits on most of the main quests.

People also bitch about Fallout's time limit despite it being extremely generous.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
whoever compared the witcher 3 and cyberpunks red skull enemies to gothic can go fuck himself. at least, in gothic you can tell what is out of your leaque. in cp it's some random retard wearing a balaclava that one shots you.

Readher

Savant

Very few RPGs have the balls to do this. Kingmaker got crucified by most normies for having realistic time limits on most of the main quests.

People also bitch about Fallout's time limit despite it being extremely generous.
A nice solution is to have a story that doesn't resolve about being "hero of the country" and saving the whole world from apocalypse or whatever. One of my fondest RPG experiences is Tales from the Lake of Sorrows custom campaign for NWN2 which has a very low-key story. I recommend it to anyone who's tired of saving the world plots or defeating great evils and is looking for something more like Scandinavian criminal stories mixed with horror set in fantasy world. Has pretty good role play options too, no forced goodie-two-shoes approach.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
why does everything in this game feel like shit? i just emptied 3 pistol magazines into a maelstrom gang member during a mission and he's still not dead. sounds bad but thankfully he wasn't shooting back because enemy ai constantly decides that it doesn't need to work.
how is this fun? why does the driving literally feel worse than gta 3? why does just running around feel like i'm playing an early access version of pubg? it's that fucking stiff. i'd give the game a 6/10 at this point and i don't think i'm overly critical.

Black

Arcane
why does everything in this game feel like shit? i just emptied 3 pistol magazines into a maelstrom gang member during a mission and he's still not dead.
Real time first person action gameplay and rpgs is like racemixing, bad for everyone.

KVVRR

Learned

Most of the time it isn't related personally to the main character's health and life, however. You can handwave away stuff like the Darkspawn taking its sweet ass time to attack because you aren't given a specific time til it happens they aren't present the entire time you're playing the game, as opposed to the MC & Jhonnyboy. You just know it'll be "soon".
I'd say it's more like RDR2.
Arthur gets so sick he can barely eat yet you're still massacring entire town's worth of people - at least they tried to implement it somehow into the gameplay even if it ended up being annoying. Maybe cyberpunk does as well as I just haven't gotten far enough yet?

It's still bad both ways, mind you, I just find one of them worse than the other.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Here's my one minute, lastgen console pleb review.

Cons:

• Basically unplayable in its current state, had four hard crashes in 7 hours gametime, numerous glitches and minor bugs, had to restart two missions (one 4 times!) due to vital NPCs getting stuck on scenery (Jackie you piece of fat shit).
  • Awful graphics
  • Really can't overstate how bad the graphics are in its current state
  • Horrible performance, especially in outside areas
  • Is just bad
  • Don't buy

Can confirm, unfortunately. The performance is complete shit right now and the hardware demands for what the engine delivers is abysmal in terms of quality. There is also quite a bit of small visual glitches popping here and there.

I have seem this happen before with other titles, and I would say the main issue is that the game relies too much on GFX gimmicks instead of having good art direction. You don't need gimmicks if you do a good job on your art department. There is absolutely no need for this much GPU power when the result is terrible performance with graphics worse than The Witcher 3, from 5 years ago, on an updated version of the Red Engine. At least the graphical update from TW1 -> TW2 -> TW3 was noticeable and made sense according to its system requirements at the time.

I guess it is inevitable to wait at least another years before trying Cyberpunk again. In its current state, this is just a "paper launch", and only time will tell if they get around fixing this game.

Shitposter
whoever compared the witcher 3 and cyberpunks red skull enemies to gothic can go fuck himself. at least, in gothic you can tell what is out of your leaque. in cp it's some random retard wearing a balaclava that one shots you.

heh, sorry kid, in the world of cyberpunk, your little sociocultural and patriarchal norms DON'T apply.
So yeah, you will get one shot by a tatted skinny mohawk girl
this isn't a world where only men with gold trimmed robes and shiny little trinkets have power
deal with it, bigot

Dexter

Arcane
I'm playing it at ultra settings (no ray tracing) and it looks closer to that console shot honestly. Maybe with global illumination turned on at the right time of day you'll get closer to the supposed "PC" shot, but enjoy 30fps at DLSS performance setting.
Saw various comparisons with the 2018/19 Trailers they used to Hype people up and one of that car scene, not sure where these were taken though guess might be console footage, probably looks better on PC with the Highest setting.
16059232798218gjy0.jpg
1607367522820bmk6e.png
1607326774712m0k9p.jpg

16075302339800ojwo.png

On the other hand I also saw this 4K Ultra PC Screenshot from a Russian site and its comparison with San Andreas, there seem to generally be some inconsistencies with the graphics where apparently indoor environments and stuff that is close up is supposed to look really good at max settings, but there's problems with LOD and sprite replacements of objects etc. even on the highest settings once something gets farther away: https://dtf.ru/hard/279342-cyberpun...-nastroykami-i-zametki-na-polyah-o-samoy-igre
66d22dff-cfc5-5cf4-89c0-749d390c0e05

1607434307077evjqn.jpg

Called my car and it just got stuck in another car and exploded.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
It's....not great. It looks good but is realistically 2 years or more from being 'done'. Your uncirumcized mecha-schlong just hangs out of your pants the whole time and it's pretty outrageous, considering. Character creator was highly disappointing. You can give buddy a vagina but can't give your guy a normal masculine jaw, or muscles for that matter. Body 6 and you still look like a junkie. Doesnt matter what you go with, your character is a malnourished polock ditch digger and that's that.

Couple other things I noticed...please stop posting your cyberpeens as fps matters exactly zero and theres enough of them in the game. Soft lock it to 30 and let it go man. Has no effect whatsoever in any way and it works better at 30 with no input lag. Particularly the one muppet who has a 2070 on a 1680 screen, really man what's your problem.

Story and dialogue is terrible, intern level trash. First mission walk into a room theres carved up bodies all over the place with eyes gouged out and silence from your polish mexican brethren, go into the bathroom with intact bodies in a tub of ice and doctor tough goes oh I'm gonna puke. It's disgusting, these people have never left their house.

Itemization is...not good. Plenty of stuff but theres nothing to hold it together or make anything worthwhile. My favourite part so far is, leather pants armour 3.3 but a pair of basketball shorts armour 9.6. Can these nincompoops get fucked already what the hell hiw many years for this?

Actually I'm completely bored of it just writing this now. It's boring. The game, what little there is, is a snoozefest. It's a rail shooter, done badly, with genitals. And that's not even done well, you can have a full bush or...a shaved heart shape.

Make of it what you will but it barely touches mediocre and it's only playable because it's there. Also belongs in general gaming forum, the division 2 was more of an rpg. Frankly, it's a disgrace.

Yosharian

Arcane
Been playing a little today. My 5900X + 3080 gets me 1440p performance of 100-180 FPS depending on the location (Ultra, DLSS Quality, RT off).

Game is alright I guess. Waiting for it to pick up after the tutorial, since apparently that's where the game opens up.

Controls are a clusterfuck. Can't rebind 75% of the keys though the menu - have to edit an XML file. There are so many overlapping controls that this is not a simple task.

No bugs so far.

I kind of want to play more Underrail...

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Cutting out the filler quests is the real solution to this, not time limits.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Somebody remake this song for cdpr.

"I bought myself a monster rig I spend all of my cash to get 30 frames per second before I crash"

Yosharian

Arcane
The writing is top notch btw

I especially like how fixers introduce themselves to you

"Hello, V! My name is Cyber Cock, nice to meet you! You are a very special person indeed and and i'm terribly sorry to interrupt, but please if you want to do quests just give me a call. It was a pleasure!"

The atmosphere of a ruthless criminal world is spot on
Yeah it's so goofy this game at times, I think they went overboard

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I spent just short of an hour messing around with settings, though I might be in for some course correction once the scenery changes, will see. Monitor's not GSYNC, it's a decade-old eIPS panel with 1680x1050 native resolution.

Dunno what GPU you're rocking, but with any relatively recent hardware it comes down to raytracing. I suspect my 2070 would be chewing it up without the fancy new light tech, but if you want RTX without DLSS, you're probably looking for a 3080.

What sort of framerates are you seeing and are you using DLSS?

Disabled AA but didnt notice a difference, playing at 1440p. I also reduced anisotropic filter from 16 to 4, reduced the gamma and I also shut down Depth of Field and cromatic aberration. The image is sharper as it was unplayable before but it is still a bit more blurry than I find ideal.

Yep, that comes relatively close to my experience.

i5-2500k 3.3 GHz, GTX 960 1 GB, 32 GB RAM

It gets a bit sluggish sometimes.

I've found a setup for decent looking 1440p at ~60fps (most of the time) for my machine - i7 4790k / 8 GB DDR3 / 1080ti:

In the game's video/graphics settings:
Resolution: 1440p
Vsync: Off - I like to set Vsync and a frame limit from Nvidia Control Panel. Keeping Vsync off ingame and on in Nvidia is something done to prevent crashes in Witcher 3, so I'm reusing it here.
Static FidelityFX CAS: On
Resolution Scale: 75.
This way your frames will be rendered at 1080p and resized to 1440p.
All the graphics details and shmetails are at High/Ultra.
As we already know, Chromatic Aberration and Depth of Field tend to make the image blurry, so I turn them off.

In Nvidia Control Panel:
Image Sharpening: "Sharpen 0.50, ignore film grain 0.20"
Antialiasing - Mode: "Off"
Power management mode: "Prefer maximum performance" - just in case your videocard is being limited by power input.

Additionally, if you want Vsync:
Vertical sync: "On"
Max Frame Rate: whatever you want. I went with 90, though I'll hardly ever reach this. I just don't like screen tearing and wanted to have some Vsync in place.

I'm really pleased with the end result. From the upscaling I get a nice boost to framerate which brings me, with my system, to an average of 60 fps. However the upscaled image from 1080p to 1440p was ending up a little blurry and thin objects in the distance are shimmering. I'm countering this with the sharpening from Nvidia Control panel and then reducing the noise with the "Image Sharpening" setting. The end result looks indistinguishable from native 1440p to me. With some adaptation this method may help you in your respective case.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So how is that Judy male romance mod progress coming Cyberbros?

At this point, I'm pretty sure any perspective modders are grappling with how in the hell they're gonna mod this shitfest of a game in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom