Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
And here I was thinking the Cyberpunk Hype Train slowed down since there was only a few posts on the original thread. NO. Wrong! 28 fucking pages already and this new thread has existed for what? 17 minutes or so? You all are addicts...

Bara

Arcane
Can't start on GoG either... no download queued thus far *shrug*

The main reason I broke my usual habit of buying on GOG everything that's available also on GOG.

What are ya'll talking about? Been playing my GOG version all day.

There were issues even logging into gog galaxy yesterday. I had the same thing for about 10 minutes but then got in to download the last 10 gigs.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
To be fair the itemization in Twitcher3 was complete MMO garbage, so not sure why you would expect this to be better?
Because they had the better part of 8 years of literally everyone telling them the itemization in W3 was shit and to please just change it to anything else?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Itemization is...not good. Plenty of stuff but theres nothing to hold it together or make anything worthwhile. My favourite part so far is, leather pants armour 3.3 but a pair of basketball shorts armour 9.6. Can these nincompoops get fucked already what the hell hiw many years for this?

To be fair the itemization in Twitcher3 was complete MMO garbage, so not sure why you would expect this to be better?
It's amazing how many people cant put two and two together. No matter how much you keep telling them in the pre-release thread, they still keep singing their song, and then act surprised.

W3 lived and died on the characters (ie. the repressed homo man crush everyone had on Geralt) and the literary background of novels. I have always been very suspicious of how CDPR would manage to equal this with a new protag that is more of a self insert. W3 was a good game in spite of all the peripheral systems, horrible rolling simulator combat, terrible MMO itemization and a massively bloated openworld that fell into the worst traps of Ubishit POI chasing 'gameplay'.

So far its looking suss for Cyberpunk, consensus seems to be that combat is predictably as bad as we knew it would be, driving is awful, items are shit, quests seem to be kind of generic. The one thing that could carry this is if Night City really is that fucking amazing as it looks, aesthetically, level design, and feeling like an actual city. And then we can maybe tag this as a William Gibson walking simulator?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Trololo, but I like both the firearms combat and the driving. They are something of a pleasant surprise. I didn't know I should lament how bad they are. Do I lose street cred now? :lol:

Somebody remake this song for cdpr.

"I bought myself a monster rig I spend all of my cash to get 30 frames per second before I crash"

Honestly the 30xx series cards are a let down if you cant even play fucking cp2077 on native 4k maxed out with rt, seems ray tracing is still too new of a technology to be utilized in any meaningful capacity, would be interesting to see how next gen consoles are optimized for it later in their cycle.

overly excitable young man

UZFAcZE.png

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The one thing that could carry this is if Night City really is that fucking amazing as it looks, aesthetically, level design, and feeling like an actual city.
Like others have said, CDPR is now likely preparing for a blitz NMS-styled campaign of patching, free content updates and overhauling of gameplay mechanics, and likely drawing plans for more ambitious paid DLC to salvage the situation.

It's the only hope they have of salvaging the situation - that and maybe encouraging modding, but I've yet to hear them even mention modding in relation to 2077, so it's unlikely the game will be all that modder-friendly.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
This game needed to cook for like 4 to 6 months longer but you can say that about every game they made it's first time they are getting any serious backlash from their fuck up.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Eurogamer said:
The plot is some straight-up Paul Verhoeven - late '80s edge, future dystopia, gore

Yeah, I wish.

Well, it's in a trend with all the remakes - compare the original robocop and it's travesty of a reimagination, same goes for Ghost in the Shell (the action movie) and so on. The writers/ directors 40 years ago actually understood what happened in the world while the current generation lives in their sheltered communities and honestly believes that cyberpank is about weird fashion and neon mohawks and robocop was a dead serious drama about a cybernetic cop and corporate overreach.

True. But the new Judge Dredd movie was better than the original. It always seemed to me that it would have been a perfect reference for CDPR to base this game off of from what they seemed to be aiming for, but alas, maybe it was too bleak for normies.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Cdpr is going the way of bethesda Witcher 3 was their Skyrim great critical and fan reception and sales even though both games were buggy, Cyberpunk is their Fallout 4 and Cyberpunk online will be liek Fallout 76 mark my words jabronis. They will be bought by Billy Gates in 5 years and relocated to gaymepass shovelware.

Life-Cycle-Of-A-Chicken.jpg

ROUND IT GOES TILL THE END OF TIME

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

That line is so nonsensical. Like, what's even the question? That she's a whore?

Sums up a lot of the dialogue in this game. Cringe-inducing in its attempt to be edgy.

Thankfully, not all the dialogue is like this and for the most part it's somewhat competently written and voiceacted.

Potato Canon

Novice
I've endured enough game releases to keep my expectations in check for 100% of every game release but somehow I still expected a little better than this. Bugs and performance issues are not abnormal for a game launch and can be fixed over time, but the core storytelling and character issues are much more of a problem.

overly excitable young man

That line is so nonsensical. Like, what's even the question? That she's a whore?

Sums up a lot of the dialogue in this game. Cringe-inducing in its attempt to be edgy.

Thankfully, not all the dialogue is like this and for the most part it's somewhat competently written and voiceacted.
^not a cut of fuckable meat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom