Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
8 million copies sold in 24 hours. Second best after GTA V I think.

A million concurrent players on Steam. An absolute historic record for SP games. Second best is Fallout 4 with 470 000.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Stealth in this game seems to suck ass. I'm a huge stealth nut, but these encounters just don't seem designed for it at all. I thought they might be early on, but as I move through the game and do missions they really, reallllly aren't. You'll get a random sidequest to kill a gang leader and he'll be behind 10 other dudes in a confined space that's impossible to stealth completely. Once you're seen at all, they all know exactly where you are and you're in all out combat. First huge main quest sends you through a gauntlet of enemies in a big firefight, ending in a huge mech boss. I recently replayed Fallout 4 and while there were some rare times it put you right into combat you could stealth kill 90% of things in that game. That doesn't seem to be the case in this at all.

I'm not sure what benefit stealth perks are when you're going to be in all out warfare soon enough, so I might restart the game with a different origin and go with a commando style character. Outer Worlds also had disappointing stealth, so this is a back to back bummer.

Also this game has Mass Effect's problem of you constantly getting new weapons and armor that are a tad bit better or worse, and it's a huge pain in the ass to manage. Especially since there are weapon mods you have to move over every time.

Not sure whether to complain about bullet-sponge enemies on hard or not. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. Probably based on their level I guess. Attempting a stealthy pistol character I find revolvers with the headshot perk help a lot to kill everything, though since you're in open combat most of the time an assault rifle is way better.

Couple other things I noticed...please stop posting your cyberpeens as fps matters exactly zero and theres enough of them in the game. Soft lock it to 30 and let it go man. Has no effect whatsoever in any way and it works better at 30 with no input lag. Particularly the one muppet who has a 2070 on a 1680 screen, really man what's your problem.

Locked 60fps is easily achievable on a 2070, and is very good for an FPS game. You're smoking crack.
Yeah, stealth in this game is just an afterthought, no more than that. While the stealth in Outer Worlds was bad, at least it worked properly AND you could actually sneak around pretty much anything in the game.

Dexter

Arcane
Stealth in this game seems to suck ass. I'm a huge stealth nut, but these encounters just don't seem designed for it at all. I thought they might be early on, but as I move through the game and do missions they really, reallllly aren't. You'll get a random sidequest to kill a gang leader and he'll be behind 10 other dudes in a confined space that's impossible to stealth completely.
You're doing it wrong. You need to go for that real Stealth Gameplay: https://arch-img.b4k.co/v/1607315484452.webm

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
OH YEAH AND IT CRASHES ALL THE FUCKING TIME, THANKS TODDINCZKY

Controlled Folder Access
  1. In the Start menu, write “Virus & Threat protection” and hit enter.
  2. Scroll down and press “Manage Ransomware Protection”.
  3. Make sure controlled folder access is active.
  4. Click “Allow an app through controlled folder access” and then “add an app”.
  5. Find your Cyberpunk 2077 folder and select it.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The game sold at least 8 million preorders that we know about, to say nothing of day 1 sales. It's already made about half a billion dollars, and could possibly beat GTA for best pre-order/first day sale combination (IIRC they made like $800 million). Whatever a person may think of the game, it is not a failure in any business sense of the word. They could stop everything now and still come out on top.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I am glad this is happening. Cd projekt were too much bold recently punching their chest of how awesome they are. Maybe after this they will become Humble again?

What, after selling a gazillion copies? the game already had the most successful steam launch to date I think. No, they'll pat themselves in the back and they'll keep dumbing things down for the next game.

You either die a Troika or live long enough to become the Bethesda

These days people will buy a sack full of shit if it had enough hype.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, stealth in this game is just an afterthought, no more than that. While the stealth in Outer Worlds was bad, at least it worked properly AND you could actually sneak around pretty much anything in the game.

Maybe Outer Worlds was better when ghosting, but I usually play stealthy silenced pistol predators and I didn't dig it for that. Maybe I didn't give it a good enough try though, who knows. I've done 8 hours of it in this and am ready to switch to soldier boy though, I think that's long enough. Even story wise, the game really seems designed around you being a rough and tumble gang guy who jumps into the fray wearing neon jammies.

Dexter

Arcane
The game sold at least 8 million preorders that we know about, to say nothing of day 1 sales. It's already made about half a billion dollars, and could possibly beat GTA for best pre-order/first day sale combination (IIRC they made like $800 million). Whatever a person may think of the game, it is not a failure in any business sense of the word. They could stop everything now and still come out on top.
The expectation for them wasn't to sell 8 million Pre-Orders based on a few pretty Trailers and then yell "Psyche!", but to outdo The Witcher 3 that went on to top 50 million lifetime Sales with a genre-defining product that will herald the next decade of "Gaming" and be talked about as an example years from now and that they'll transition to a "Gaming as a Service" model like GTA V Online, which is why their market value cratered after release: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher/series-sales

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Thanks, good advice. :salute: My inner graphix whore is now sufficiently appeased.

unknown.png
damn, My Summer Car looks like THAT?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game looks and runs fine on my 1080ti at ultra 1080p settings.

But... the game is really fucking dull and bland. All of the gameplay systems and mechanics feel half-baked and most of the content is fairly middling and uninspired.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
The expectation for them wasn't to sell 8 million Pre-Orders based on a few pretty Trailers and then yell "Psyche!", but to outdo The Witcher 3 that went on to top 50 million lifetime Sales with a genre-defining product that will herald the next decade of "Gaming" and be talked about as an example years from now and that they'll transition to a "Gaming as a Service" model like GTA V Online, which is why their market value cratered after release: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher/series-sales
50 milion number is for the whole witcher trilogy not just witcher 3 jabroni.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The Witcher 3 that went on to top 50 million lifetime Sales with a genre-defining product that will herald the next decade of "Gaming" and be talked about as an example years from now and that they'll transition to a "Gaming as a Service" model like GTA V Online, which is why their market value cratered after release: https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher/series-sales

LOL lol and Lol

The Witcher was always just popamole with better graphics, in fact all those brands like CDP or RS are basically just CGI companies. There is a little bit gameplay but it's so primitive and formulaic it would run on an ebook reader.

purupuru

Learned
Well at least with the 8 million copy preorder money they can definitely afford more overtime wage and fix those bugs.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Complained elsewhere about stealth and for what it's worth I keep being told that while silenced guns and agile stealth do suck ass, hacking and melee makes for a good stealth experience. Supposedly.

Turjan

Arcane

Low settings on a potato PC (official low recommended configuration).

Yep, that comes relatively close to my experience.

i5-2500k 3.3 GHz, GTX 960 1 GB, 32 GB RAM

It gets a bit sluggish sometimes.

I like how you have 32GB of RAM in that.

Yeah. I actually needed all of that, but I didn't want to shell out for even more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom