Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yea you could basically sum up how to win at Koi-Koi with "get that fucking sake cup or die tryin'." If the opponent gets the cup, its time to try and get a quick win fast because most of the big point hands involve the cup and the cup can fuck you over with just one card with Moon Viewing and Cherry Blossom Viewing hands.

However, you can get the big golden ball for 10 mil at Kamurocho shops. And the golden ball isn't even as good as the upgraded weapon that you upgrade to EX with it. Also, personally I don't think Fortuneteller is a very good job, besides having one of the most important character skills Fulminating Forecast.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yea you could basically sum up how to win at Koi-Koi with "get that fucking sake cup or die tryin'." If the opponent gets the cup, its time to try and get a quick win fast because most of the big point hands involve the cup and the cup can fuck you over with just one card with Moon Viewing and Cherry Blossom Viewing hands.

However, you can get the big golden ball for 10 mil at Kamurocho shops. And the golden ball isn't even as good as the upgraded weapon that you upgrade to EX with it. Also, personally I don't think Fortuneteller is a very good job, besides having one of the most important character skills Fulminating Forecast.

Damn I guess I wasted a lot of time then. Oh well, time enjoyed is not time wasted.
The bowling ball was a nice powerspike at that point in the game, as I could immediatly equip
Nanba with it as soon as he returned to the party
I like Seer, especially on Nanba since he gets a lot of good cross class skills to counterbalance the strange stat spread of seer. High magic and predominantly physical moves, they must have been on crack when they designed that class.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I played lots of Koi-Koi too, to get some Platinum Plates (also a little trick you can pull, you can quit the minigame to avoid losing your tokens if you want to save some time and negate bad draws ending badly) to buy stuff from the kimchi stall and souvenier shop before I got to the point in the game where I could use Business Management to print cash faster. And later on you'll replace that with Battle Arena and then Millenium Tower post-story. Millenium Tower dungeon is 20+ million yen per run, and you get multiple 1 million yen weapons to sell from Battle Arena bonus rewards; DO NOT SELL the ones that you get pro bono, since the million yen weapons are used to upgrade your best weapons to EX and are what are sold for 10 mil in Kamurocho.

But anyway, like I said, personally I'm not a fan of Fortuneteller, because it lacks hit-all Heat moves (since wiping weaker members of enemy groups or the entire encounter in one or two attacks is your main goal in later game). But its important to level with everyone at least to 18 because having a strong lightning attack skill is crucial (and Paralyze is in general more reliable than Stun against enemies). In case of Nanba for example, he's got really good hit-all Heat attacks from Homeless and one of the four skills that can be used to effectively poach the rich to eat for XP in sewers (these being Rapid Shot, Bullet of Honor, and Nanba's pigeons).

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Wish they'd release them separately (only one I want to replay is 5).

EDIT: Oh never mind, I'm retarded, they are giving you that option. Hurrah.

h1ht78.gif

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder f there will be inevitable bitching because the Remastered Collection isn't a straight up Kiwami remake kind of thing.

Terra

Cipher

Been waiting a long time for the rest of the games to come to Steam. My PS3 and its copy of Y5 can finally be retired. Very excited :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom