Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Harthwain

Magister
FULL VOICE ACTING
All of the city's beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
So... Does this mean only the people are fully voice acted or does this include stats as well?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M CUMMING GOTY 2021 CONFIRMED :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper fucking excited. Merch shop looks fucked but I may snag a shirt or something once that's rolling. Ideally I'd like the art book but I can't justify coughing up $250 for the whole enchilada.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Heh heh heh.

This is what happens when "artists" get a taste of success. Rather than investing the profits, they squander them on more artistic endeavors.

FULL VOICE ACTING
All of the city's beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
So... Does this mean only the people are fully voice acted or does this include stats as well?

That'd be real fucking bad idea. Imagine all the scenes with 5+ skills talking at the same time?

So probably yes?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Meant to play this soon, guess I'll wait some more.

Playing games the year they release is increasingly becoming a losing proposition, unless you're a replayer.

D1P is getting replaced by Y2P or even Y3P for me. Only "sad" thing is my opinion doesn't count for GotY polls.

Harthwain

Magister
Heh heh heh.

This is what happens when "artists" get a taste of success. Rather than investing the profits, they squander them on more artistic endeavors.
I feel like the idea was to spice up the deal for countries like Brasil, China or Russia by adding all that extra content. No idea if the cost is worth it or not.

That'd be real fucking bad idea. Imagine all the scenes with 5+ skills talking at the same time?

So probably yes?
They don't talk "at the same time" though. They talk one after another. My main concern is that in the base game one of the stats (the only voiced stat, I think) had very grating voice. So I am hoping they won't use same voice actor for ALL of them IF they do want to voice all of them.

Harthwain

Magister
The real problem is they aren't selling true stuff:

a10763065deb.jpg

20200814001201_1.jpg

Hat_revolutionary.png

Last edited:

Fredward

Scholar
Are they voicing Harry too? I pity the VA who has to sell some of his lines with conviction. I pity myself if I have to listen to it.

KVVRR

Learned
Are they voicing Harry too? I pity the VA who has to sell some of his lines with conviction. I pity myself if I have to listen to it.
I'm guessing no because if we go by the karaoke scene he's either Ancient Reptilian Brain, Limbic System or something inbetween - which would be a complete pain to figure out just how to not make granting as hell. Which voice do you use for which dialogues? Does it fit well AND does it sound good? Not to mention that you run at the risk of making Harry (unintentionally) sound not as the player intended, like with any game with dialogue choices and a voice protagonist.
A few skills appeared in the trailer but showed no voice for them, and given just how much work and money they'd take, I'm guessing those don't have any voices neither. Which honestly, I'd prefer. No way you can make ALL of them sound good and have it be consistent through the whole game. Having voices might give the skills more personality but most of them don't need them and you again run at the risk of just having it not be consistent/good.

Also has nobody mentioned Edvart's new image? We might get other new character images. I like it!
GkuwYpi.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Harthwain

Magister
They could be opening some parts of the main map we couldn't get to before:

32tfcin7tyv41.jpg
I am thinking the road south, near where the drinking bums buddies are.

Why? Note it's a grey area on the "official" map:

mmthww3fj4a41.png

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
They could be opening some parts of the main map we couldn't get to before:

32tfcin7tyv41.jpg
I am thinking the road south, near where the drinking bums buddies are.

Why? Note it's a grey area on the "official" map:

mmthww3fj4a41.png

Fuck, this game is so physically small. Literally smaller than a single town of Athkatla in BG2, I think?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fuck, this game is so physically small. Literally smaller than a single town of Athkatla in BG2, I think?
Well, 90% of it does exclusively take place inside your own head.

I think the size is appropriate, considering the level of detail and the fact that the each area is so packed with content that there's no "empty" space (apart from the path leading to Evrart, maybe).

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Full voice acting is the norm for Point and Click Adventure games like Disco Elysium, I was mostly surprised that it didn't feature full voice acting at launch.

Point and Click Adventure games doesn't have a fucking million words (oh sorry, a million + 150000 in final cut). I can't even imagine how much work it is for VO.

Also you are retarded.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Generally speaking, non AAA studios won't voice all dialogues in a game that is dialogue heavy. Verylittlefishes is right. I would still like every line voiced in every game, even if the VO actor is someone take off from the street. For important characters just hire actual voice actors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom