Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Why does George R R Martin, the biggest writer on the Elden Ring's writing team, not just eat the other writers ?

monta.jpg

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
this game will be the next cyberpunk 2077 where devs bites more than they can chew

I think it will be good. Listen.
Sekiro was bad, imho, but only because it was developed by Team B, while Team A (Miyazaki lead) was working on Elden Ring, starting right after Dark Souls 3 release four years ago.
It's like that time when Dark Souls 2 turned out bad because it was developed by Team B, while Team A was developing the Bloodborne (which I've heard is a masterpiece), starting right after Dark Souls 1 release.
Last time it took exactly 4 years to complete BB for Team A, so I think Elden Ring should be fine.
Science!

praetor

Arcane
this game will be the next cyberpunk 2077 where devs bites more than they can chew

haven't been keeping up with CP2077... that bad, huh? any tl;dr on main criticisms, or a link you may provide 'cause the main thread on here is waaaay too long. thank you!

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
haven't been keeping up with CP2077... that bad, huh? any tl;dr on main criticisms, or a link you may provide 'cause the main thread on here is waaaay too long. thank you!
The game is so poorly optimized that previous-generation console (PS4, XBox3) players received the option of refunding it, and the game has been de-listed from the console stores selling it.

Even for those playing it on PC, every aspect of Cyberpunk 2077 is mediocre at best, with two exceptions: Night City itself (the exteriors) and the variety of clothing available to the player. Gameplay is quite lacking, while the main quest is a series of narrative-driven, cutscene-heavy events centered around Keanu Reeves with minimal interactivity.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
in what aspect Sekiro was 'bad'?

I didn't like it. No real variations of tactics, no weapons, no replayability, not interesting enemies, no interesting lore. Just another anime DS clone, for some reason made by DS creator.
To quote dunkey: even if Sekiro was only the fight against the Guardian Ape, it would still be the best game of 2019.

Ivan

Arcane
in what aspect Sekiro was 'bad'?

I didn't like it. No real variations of tactics, no weapons, no replayability, not interesting enemies, no interesting lore. Just another anime DS clone, for some reason made by DS creator.
To quote dunkey: even if Sekiro was only the fight against the Guardian Ape, it would still be the best game of 2019.

that fight was my gaming moment of the decade, EASILY

cruel

Cipher
that fight was my gaming moment of the decade, EASILY

Thinking about it, it's amazing how many of my top gaming moments in latest years were delivered by FROM. Probably 7 out of 10, DeS / DS / DS3 / Bloodborne combined. Stuff like:
- first time in Tower of Latria
- the whole Blighttown experience
- Four Kings
- Artorias fight
- Friede
- Orphan of Kos
- Genichiro second phase

And probably more.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So Seiko is Sir Alone the game? That kind of makes sense lol.

Dark Soul 2 was janky as shit but it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, but i can see Team B focusing on what they were good at.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom