Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout 4 Thread

Stella Brando

Arcane
Bethesda must have heard me joking about them, because my game doesn't work. :negative:

I cant reload my recent saves, the game just sits loading forever, and I don't really feel like going back to an older save.

I may have picked up too much junk, or spent too long in the institute, which is probably hard on resources.

Maybe I'll just make a new character for the Biden administration.

:dealwithit:

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
OM1qiXj.png

AMERICA, 2020

Stella Brando

Arcane
An update on my broken Fallout situation.

Fallout literally filled up my C: drive with save files. So I couldn't make new saves. The game appeared to make the saves normaly, but then couldn't reload them.

I had installed Fallout 4 on another drive, but it keeps its save files in 'My Documents' (which is actually on C). I backed up most of these save files in another location, then deleted them.

I also deleted or moved some stuff from C: drive, emptied my trash bin, and then found I now had almost 10 gigs free. I'm not sure how much of that was Bethesda.

I can now save and load games normally.
vault-boy.jpg

Last edited:

typical user

Arbiter
I was just exploring and I stumbled upon Kellogg's Fort Hagen without doing any of the story missions.

Unfortunately you can't just come upon your son's kidnapper in this way - the elevator to his secret base is blocked off.

It's a shame, I'm sure earlier Fallout's would let you solve the mystery like this. Even Fallout 3 let you find your Dad randomly.

It could have been a story path left open for the professional hikers and chronic main-quest avoiders.

Well you find him using a dog who has omnipotence.

Stella Brando

Arcane
If nothing else, this game makes me appreciate Florence Nightingale -- she more or less made herself famous providing clean beds for hundreds of people.

What do you guys think are the best and worst settlements?

Gargaune

Magister
Fallout literally filled up my C: drive with save files. So I couldn't make new saves. The game appeared to make the saves normaly, but then couldn't reload them.

I had installed Fallout 4 on another drive, but it keeps its save files in 'My Documents' (which is actually on C). I backed up most of these save files in another location, then deleted them.
Look into Mod Organizer, it has a feature that allows you to shift the game's profile directory from your standard Documents folder to inside MO's directory, so you can keep everything on the game's install drive.

What do you guys think are the best and worst settlements?
I like Abernathy Farm as a location, you can build up around the transmission tower for some fun results.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wasting time waiting for Cyberpunk by finally playing the Nuka World expansion. It's funny how it sums up all of Bethesda's positives and negatives in one little package... neat world design that's fun to fart around in and explore, but very little unique reward for doing so and shitty story and quest design that doesn't motivate you well. It's still far from their Oblivion and Fallout 3 nadir, but it's a step back to cliche Bethesda problems after some hints of improvement.

Also my stealth and pistols build has become extremely overpowered since level 25 or so. It also has the unique problem where once you get the gun "Deliverer" it's the only thing you'll use the whole game. It fires fast and has like a 4x sneak critical bonus with the right perks, and everything from a cockroach to a deathclaw dies before it ever knows you're there as long as you spam the fire button. I have a plasma sniper pistol and magnum for backup but seriously never use them.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasting time waiting for Cyberpunk by finally playing the Nuka World expansion. It's funny how it sums up all of Bethesda's positives and negatives in one little package... neat world design that's fun to fart around in and explore, but very little unique reward for doing so and shitty story and quest design that doesn't motivate you well. It's still far from their Oblivion and Fallout 3 nadir, but it's a step back to cliche Bethesda problems after some hints of improvement.
It's also very fitting that a Bethesda game, which are by now known for unconnected theme park designs, has the best design in a literal theme park.

purupuru

Learned
Also my stealth and pistols build has become extremely overpowered since level 25 or so. It also has the unique problem where once you get the gun "Deliverer" it's the only thing you'll use the whole game. It fires fast and has like a 4x sneak critical bonus with the right perks, and everything from a cockroach to a deathclaw dies before it ever knows you're there as long as you spam the fire button. I have a plasma sniper pistol and magnum for backup but seriously never use them.
What difficulty do you play on? I remember those crickets in Nuka World being super spongy even in survival mode, without a big adrenaline buff I couldn't kill them before they get close and nearly one-shot me, as a result I had to cripple their legs first for safety.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What difficulty do you play on? I remember those crickets in Nuka World being super spongy even in survival mode, without a big adrenaline buff I couldn't kill them before they get close and nearly one-shot me, as a result I had to cripple their legs first for safety.

I hate bullet sponge enemies so I play on normal but with a mod that puts enemy damage higher. I agree the crickets are the hardest thing in the DLC (and maybe the game? Mirelurks can be pretty tough early on). You can hear them from pretty far away though, so I usually sneak kill one or maybe two if they're close together, then run the fuck away firing plasma shots backwards. If you can't get away from them though they'll swarm you and you die right away, yeah. Nice to have some actual "scary" enemies I suppose.

Potato Canon

Novice
The one good thing about this game, is that every time a terrible game is released, one can always describe it with the phrase "at least it's not as bad as Fallout 4".

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The one good thing about this game, is that every time a terrible game is released, one can always describe it with the phrase "at least it's not as bad as Fallout 4".
So ah... this may come as a shock to you, but Bethesda made another fallout game titled "Fallout 76" that's purportedly a few order of magnitude worse.

MarxistPlato

Educated
I played around Fallout 76 till i hit around 50 lvl - It is such grindy game i can't even describe. And let me mind you - if you thought Fallout 4 story was bad, then fallout 76 is at level of pac-man with their writing.

Red Hexapus

Learned
So ah... this may come as a shock to you, but Bethesda made another fallout game titled "Fallout 76" that's purportedly a few order of magnitude worse.
The true question we should be asking ourselves now is: "Which is the worst game in this franchise? Fallout 76, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel or (gasp) Fallout Shelter?"
:negative:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The true question we should be asking ourselves now is: "Which is the worst game in this franchise? Fallout 76, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel or (gasp) Fallout Shelter?"

The fact that you didn't even mention Fallout 3 disgusts me to no end.

Red Hexapus

Learned

The fact that you didn't even mention Fallout 3 disgusts me to no end.
Might be because it is so forgettable (except for some parts like the "simulation" quest). As a fan of F1 and F2, I was quite hyped for F3. Bought it right away when it was released, played it once, watched the disapointment of the ending and never came back to it again...

Luzur

Good Sir
If the Commonwealth is so worried about people being robots, why don't they just let everyone complete a capcha?

Cause those robots are advanced and can think like humans so they could solve the capcha, duh!

i dont even understand the point in flooding topside with droids, they wanna kill off and replace the irradiated human hobos with irradiated synth hobos?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
So after many years, I finally decided to give Fallout 4 a try. And Jesus fckn christ! The writing is beyond atrocious and the scripted story segments make me want to kill myself, in the end after 4 hours I just stopped.
Honestly, only genuine retards can enjoy this garbage!

They seriously need to contemplate firing Emil Puagilaro, this is just so beyond pitiful, actual 10 year olds can write better than this.

and yet the average player not only didn't notice but actually praised the quality of its writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom