Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

kangaxx

Arbiter
holy shit at the user metacritic score. for a dev that claims they are all about their fanbase this is a slap in the face. i wonder if they get the message.

Wow, I didn't expect that. I've played about 10h and it's' a very average game, but I'm willing to give it more of a go.

It's completely broken though, I will say that. It shouldn't have seen the light of day in this state.

Yosharian

Arcane
They fixed the weapon wheel. It actually works with the mouse now. If they could just give us proper rebinding options this would actually be quite good now

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
So many people play this popamole game. It is a shame.

Do we want Bioware-staff or good old crpgs?

Hellion

Arcane
Some of the arguments made by users who gave 0's on Metacritic are rather baffling. "Useless crafting" (not true), "dumb AI" (not when playing on Hard/Very Hard, it isn't), "lack of Side-Quests" (lol WHAT)...

kangaxx

Arbiter
Some of the arguments made by users who gave 0's on Metacritic are rather baffling. "Useless crafting" (not true), "dumb AI" (not when playing on Hard/Very Hard, it isn't), "lack of Side-Quests" (lol WHAT)...

I'm playing on hard and the AI is as dumb as it gets... but I agree it isn't the worst thing about the game. There is plenty else wrong with it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I still fail to see why the Codex gives a shit about anything that has to do with consoles. When TW3 on PC was hampered by console limitations that was bad, now that the tables have turned... that's also bad.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lol at all the people here who think credibility and studio reputation have any influence in the industry beyond basement-grade devs.

Keep consuming, make polish capitalizm strong.

Duralux for Durabux

I still fail to see why the Codex gives a shot about anything that has to do with consoles. When TW3 on PC was hampered by console limitations that was bad, now that the tables have turned... that's also bad.
Don't release it on consoles if you focus on PC...

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Haven't kept tabs on the game at all, nor followed any discussions. Marketing and hype have been getting on my nerves the last months.

Preordered because CDPR. Played four hours of it and I'm bored. Bland combat, bugs galore, already had a gamebreaking one, variable asset quality, piss poor performance...is it just me or is this game mediocre? All it does is make me want to fire up Deus Ex and Human Revolution again. I am just so DONE with these cutscene simulators with filler gameplay.

What is so special about it, someone please enlighten me. I'd like my money back but I'm already 4 hours in. I'm such a retard for preordering, guess I deserve it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I still fail to see why the Codex gives a shot about anything that has to do with consoles. When TW3 on PC was hampered by console limitations that was bad, now that the tables have turned... that's also bad.
Don't release it on consoles if you focus on PC...
Again, why would you give a fuck? Unless you are a poser?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is anyone playing on Very Hard? Is it too much pain in the ass? Or do you actually have to do some side stuff, level up, craft etc. to make the progress easier?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL just played for an hour or so and decided to instal Andromeda. The game looks like shit,runs like shit and plays like shit. The RPG trees are pretty big,but didn't noticed anything interesting in them tho. 95% of perks are combat ones and i didn't see any dialogue things to pick up. So you just end u focusing on a single one and mostly ignoring the rest,there wasn't even a selling for higher price thing. Also it has the typical MMO item pricing,you could by it for 5000 but it sells for 50 bucks lol. I noticed that a big problem for the game is the drawing distance being like endless lol. I had trees and bushes clipping trough everything,and they were like very far away. I played on mid/high and the game didn't look good,it is a mystery where my four gigs of gpu ram is going. Fuck i even decided to put it down till there is a patch or something,the game painful.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
LoL just played for an hour or so and decided to instal Andromeda. The game looks like shit,runs like shit and plays like shit. The RPG trees are pretty big,but didn't noticed anything interesting in them tho. 95% of perks are combat ones and i didn't see any dialogue things to pick up. So you just end u focusing on a single one and mostly ignoring the rest,there wasn't even a selling for higher price thing. Also it has the typical MMO item pricing,you could by it for 5000 but it sells for 50 bucks lol. I noticed that a big problem for the game is the drawing distance being like endless lol. I had trees and bushes clipping trough everything,and they were like very far away. I played on mid/high and the game didn't look good,it is a mystery where my four gigs of gpu ram is going. Fuck i even decided to put it down till there is a patch or something,the game painful.
Classic fantadomat speed-review.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

I'm playing on hard and the AI is as dumb as it gets... but I agree it isn't the worst thing about the game. There is plenty else wrong with it.

The combat AI is not bad. The issue for me is that enemies are bullet sponges. How can anyone survive multiple shots to head, especially if they have no helmet on? It's kinda ridiculous.

Also the constant interjections of Spanish which are meant to sound edgy and tough instead sound forced and overused. This is always a problem when non-Americans try to write with American slang, accents, etc. The same thing happened in the Deus Ex games that were made by Eidos Montreal -- those silly Canadians had multi-racial gangs in Detroit, among many other stupid moves. Everyone is trying to sound like Tarantino or Milch or Michael Mann or David Mamet. But those writers are alll Americans. If you're going to put your game in America, have American dialog, with American characters, you better hire a fucking American to write the speaking parts (at least!).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Codex is just like my mother - unappeasable.
Having standards is what makes this place special compared to the rest.
There's a difference between having standards and those standards being arcane, undecipherable, and obtuse. The Codex's problem is there are different groups of people that want different things. The popamolists and the humans. My mother, on the other hand, has no excuses.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
The number of female developers working for CDPR has grown every year since 2017
And it shows.
The real problem is that this title was pushed back twice citing polishing and debugging. This is primarily the reason why people have 0 mercy right now. Can you fault them?
What I want to know is what the fuck were CDPR doing during the 8 years this game was supposedly in development? And what possessed them to announce the game was going to launch back in April when it's like this after two more delays and nearly half a year of additional development?

Outside of the city environment there is nothing here that would justify such a lengthy development cycle. All mechanics feel shallow, undercooked and unpolished, the game is incredibly buggy and there is very little content.

Nothing about the gameplay mechanics or storytelling feels revolutionary - it's just another shitty GTA clone with a cyberpunk paintjob.

It literally feels like they've spent the past 7 years making pretty art assets and then realised they had no actual game and scrambled to cobble something together by hastily copypasting whatever they thought was popular at the moment and cramming it all together.

2077 makes NuDX look good in comparison.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Different cases IMO.

The Witcher 3 was downgraded but ran decently in every platform, with little bugs overall and no major issues at launch (The point of the downgrade). On the other hand Cyberpunk 2077 is broken af both in consoles and PC to some extent, and we can't even know if it was downgraded or not since this game had a bunch of different builds. But has nothing to do with tech limitations. Consoles can move games like Red dead redemption 2 with no issues. It's just Cyberpunk 2077 at this moment is literally unfinished after four (EEEEEIIIIIIGHT for Codex tryhards) years of development. The main campaign is polished (No pun intended), everything else is half-backed.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
I have to say, today I felt a little inspired with the compelling and heartfelt missives by some of the resident ancient and mysterious role-playing game masters that we all are lucky to share air with here on these esteemed and prestigious forums whereby us lowly and godless worms are granted the priviledge to absorb such rarefied elements of knowledge and wisdom about beautiful and true gaming at their sole and infinite discretion:

cover8.png

CYBERPUNK.png

I am ever grateful.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom