Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Also the constant interjections of Spanish which are meant to sound edgy and tough instead sound forced and overused. This is always a problem when non-Americans try to write with American slang, accents, etc.

I wanted to complain about this too but after thinking about it for a bit I realized it's not actually that far off from how most of my Chicano friends speak

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The real problem is that this title was pushed back twice citing polishing and debugging. This is primarily the reason why people have 0 mercy right now. Can you fault them?
What I want to know is what the fuck were CDPR doing during the 8 years this game was supposedly in development?

Outside of the city environment there is nothing here that would justify such a lengthy development cycle. All mechanics feel shallow, undercooked and unpolished, the game is incredibly buggy and there is very little content.

Nothing about the gameplay mechanics or storytelling feels revolutionary - it's just another shitty GTA clone with a cyberpunk paintjob.
Well... I *have* noticed that there are a lot of fashion items. Those require a lot of hours to design and implement.
I've also noticed that the weapon play also has a lot of particles and effects. Those require a lot of work too.
Then there is the environment. That looks good as well, but it requires a lot of hours.
The music sounds a lot like Doom (2016) - I'm sure that took a while too. And the VO.

The problem is that they seem to have focused more on the paintjob more than they focused on the core of the game.

Of course, these are preliminary conclusions. Subject to change. But, nevertheless, painting a grim future for this little venture.

kangaxx

Arbiter
The combat AI is not bad. The issue for me is that enemies are bullet sponges. How can anyone survive multiple shots to head, especially if they have no helmet on? It's kinda ridiculous.

I completely agree on the bullet sponge point. It's fucking retarded. It's like they took Borderlands and made it worse.

Disagree on the combat AI though, I think it's bad. Enemies use cover, but they don't ever seem to rush you in numbers even when it would end the fight in 2 seconds. You die quickly on hard, but enemies just seem to sit there behind cover waiting to get picked off. They occasionally chuck a grenade or whatever.

But then in the stealth sections the AI seems to be able to detect a body hitting the floor from across the building and through walls. I'm sure that's a bug, but it made a mission I just played incredibly frustrating. Add to that another bug where picking up a body and dropping it from a height of 3 feet onto the floor somewhere else reliably caused the thing to explode in a shower of blood, Quake gib style. Absolutely fucking wild.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well... I *have* noticed that there are a lot of fashion items. Those require a lot of hours to design and implement.
For a game where you barely see your character outside of the inventory menu, and where said clothes break immersion due to moronic itemization mechanics (i.e. shirt has bullet protection than armour), and this after CDPR kvetched they cut the third-person view for muh immershun. What's the point of all those clothing assets?

They could have just given the player a bunch of presets and implemented actual armour and augs to handle damage reduction.

I've also noticed that the weapon play also has a lot of particles and effects. Those require a lot of work too.
Nope.

Then there is the environment. That looks good as well, but it requires a lot of hours.
I will grant you that, the city does look incredibly well designed, until you actually want to play in it, and then it becomes obvious that it's all style over substance and that the map designs do not geld well with the gameplay mechanics.

But, nevertheless, painting a grim future for this little venture.
I just find it hilarious. CDPR were always scummy little goblins, I still haven't forgotten how they threatened pirates with lawsuits back in the day before they figured pretending to be the good guys was going to get them better press coverage.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Do any of the Normies complain about RPG mechanics? Or is it all about the technical aspects?

They're all buttmad they can't roleplay as a cyber dickgirl princess properly. I guess CDPR didn't understand the fanbase that well.

How can anyone survive multiple shots to head

I presume it's 'cranial plating' or some such (why everyone has cybernetics when they are so expensive is another question tho)

The other answer is that if the player could headshot all enemies at level 1 with any weapon that wouldn't give you much room to grow in strength without making level 1 guns heinously inaccurate (like Deus Ex did). Neither option is particularly good but that's what happens when you combine level progression with guns in an action game.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Regarding crafting, i think i got hang of it. Basically there are 2 modes. Upgrades and actual crafting.
All items can be dismantled for parts from which you then can make or upgrade stuff. Those parts are standardized and divided into few categories. So if you dismantle some chip you will get parts for making chips, if you dismantle weapon you will get parts for weapon yadayada. There is nice perk for crafting that automatically dismantles all junk you pick up into common upgrade parts. Those junk items mostly are there for those base level crafting resources because from what i have seen crafting is much more expensive resource wise than upgrading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kap2ci/autodismantle_perk_psa/

DON'T GET THE SCRAPPER PERK!

Seriously. I grabbed it because I'm a junk hoarder and figured it would save me a few hours of dismantling throughout my playthrough but it auto dismantles indiscriminately. Including junk items worth hundreds of Eddies. No way to turn it off that I've found so I'm pretty much screwed out of thousands of eddies.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Regarding crafting, i think i got hang of it. Basically there are 2 modes. Upgrades and actual crafting.
All items can be dismantled for parts from which you then can make or upgrade stuff. Those parts are standardized and divided into few categories. So if you dismantle some chip you will get parts for making chips, if you dismantle weapon you will get parts for weapon yadayada. There is nice perk for crafting that automatically dismantles all junk you pick up into common upgrade parts. Those junk items mostly are there for those base level crafting resources because from what i have seen crafting is much more expensive resource wise than upgrading.

Seriously. I grabbed it because I'm a junk hoarder and figured it would save me a few hours of dismantling throughout my playthrough but it auto dismantles indiscriminately. Including junk items worth hundreds of Eddies. No way to turn it off that I've found so I'm pretty much screwed out of thousands of eddies.

How the fuck does this make it past basic play testing?

OctavianRomulus

Learned
The worst part of this whole fiasco are all the CDPR fanboys. We already have the term Biodrones, we need a catchy one for CDPR drones.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane

How the fuck does this make it past basic play testing?

Perkel getting assblasted in his playthrough. Delicious.

The worst part of this whole fiasco are all the CDPR fanboys. We already have the term Biodrones, we need a catchy one for CDPR drones.

Polacks.

Tehdagah

Arcane
This. Naughty Dog horsewhipped their staff for years and gave some of them PTSD making them watch muslim beheading videos to make the gore in the Last of US 2 and there was a big old whine about it and then boom boom boom the game won every fucking award at the game awards, meaning that many of the amazing titles that came out of this year (like yakuza like a dragon) simply did not do well.

Nobody cares. Holding people to account in the video game world is "letting gamergate win" so everyone just lies.
What is the source of this? The game doesn't even have beheadings and the level of violence is the same of the first game

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
“So, in terms of bugs, we are all aware of them. Of course, such a big gang can’t be just bug free. That’s the kind of obvious, but we believe that the level will be as low as to let gamers not see them,” said Kiciński. “And fortunately, some bugs extended previous were caused by some general — I would say general features and many of them are already fixed. So, what gamers will get will be different from what — and what we viewers will get in this final review is it’s better than what previewers, got.”

Gerrard

Arcane
They fixed the weapon wheel. It actually works with the mouse now. If they could just give us proper rebinding options this would actually be quite good now
I spent like 30 seconds looking for the inventory key in the options. It's not even listed there.
Witcher 3 had bindings that couldn't be changed as well, until some late patch. This is just another example of CDPR not being able to learn anything from past mistakes, and it goes all the way back to the second game.

I still fail to see why the Codex gives a shot about anything that has to do with consoles. When TW3 on PC was hampered by console limitations that was bad, now that the tables have turned... that's also bad.
It's not hampered by consoles though, it's hampered by shit devs.

Dexter

Arcane

Just sounds like a good implementation of C&C for me. :smug:

Yosharian

Arcane
RE: complaints about constantly replacing gear - are we just gonna ignore the fact that you can upgrade your existing gear? And so basically just the same gear the whole game if you want?

Yosharian

Arcane
“So, in terms of bugs, we are all aware of them. Of course, such a big gang can’t be just bug free. That’s the kind of obvious, but we believe that the level will be as low as to let gamers not see them,” said Kiciński. “And fortunately, some bugs extended previous were caused by some general — I would say general features and many of them are already fixed. So, what gamers will get will be different from what — and what we viewers will get in this final review is it’s better than what previewers, got.”
Ouch this particular quote did not age well

Semiurge

Cipher
haha holy shit. I dont even think Oblivion was this cheap

The police spawns are fucking retarded. The moment you commit a crime a squad of policemen spawns behind you back. It can literally be the same second you shoot someone - they will spawn 5 meters behind your back.

At least they don't appear before you commit a crime, like in Minority Report.

I just experienced an Oblivion moment.

This chic:

Her accent is Anglo when speaking to her friend, but when you speak to her yourself she speaks Chinglish.

Eh, could be worse. Like the VO actor saying "can I repeat that line again" middle sentence. That was in Oblivion too but I'm unsure if it was just an easter-egg.

Game is fun.
NIO3PbH.jpg

tumblr_l9qupc1fMl1qas5xlo1_500.gif

15e1654c58e34ae678ebb8a25c001ce1.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom