Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They fixed the weapon wheel. It actually works with the mouse now. If they could just give us proper rebinding options this would actually be quite good now
I think the main boost to performance in the streets is coming from them reducing the distance and the resolution of the suncast shadowing. I'm seeing this weird fog-like shadow made up of little dots that keeps advancing forward with me as I'm driving down the street. Remember GTA IV, it had a similar effect. Maybe I'm autosuggesting this but I think it didn't look like that before the patch.

How the fuck does this make it past basic play testing?
But it didn't. You found it, didn't you! :lol:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
“So, in terms of bugs, we are all aware of them. Of course, such a big gang can’t be just bug free. That’s the kind of obvious, but we believe that the level will be as low as to let gamers not see them,” said Kiciński. “And fortunately, some bugs extended previous were caused by some general — I would say general features and many of them are already fixed. So, what gamers will get will be different from what — and what we viewers will get in this final review is it’s better than what previewers, got.”
Ouch this particular quote did not age well
Called it first! :lol:

That statement from the earnings call about there being bugs but not visible ones for the players will be memed to death after the game is out.

“So, in terms of bugs, we are all aware of them. Of course, such a big gang can’t be just bug-free. That’s the kind of obvious, but we believe that the level will be as low as to let gamers not see them and fortunately, some bugs extended previous were caused by some general — I would say general features and many of them are already fixed. So, what gamers will get will be different from what — and what we viewers will get in this final review is it’s better than what previewers, got.”

Alexios

Augur
Patron

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They're actually worse gameplay than bandit camps since they have civilians that give you nothing if you live but give you warrants if you hurt them by accident.

I did one of those "help the police" things and once the criminals were dead the police just turned on me instantly, I assume because I winged one of them or something. Seems like more trouble than it's worth when there's a thousand other activities to do.

Deflowerer

Arcane
You are delirious if you compare it to No Man's Sky. Most people were disappointed in the lack of content there, not because it ran like ass.

But good luck on thinking people will keep shitting on it down the road.

kreight

Played this for a bit. What can I say it has its charm. I like the song "Hole in the Sun". Its buggy though, like really buggy.

Some said about enemies being bullet sponges. Well I play on very hard. Get yourself a tech sniper rifle or a tech markman rifle and star popping those heads with one charged shot.

Is it an RPG? Hard to say, it has some elements sure. Like you can create a character and eveb choose the size of your own dick. What else do you want from an RPG?

Shinros

Learned
I just installed the new patch and now the game simply wont boot, it flatlines past the launcher every time.

If you're on steam verify the integrity of the game files, that fixed the issue for me.

So, my opinion on the game? I rather like it, not blown away, I can find myself killing a few hours on it. Strangely, the only reason why I decided to buy the game is because I spoiled myself on themes of the story and it's ending. I expect a lot of pissed off posts on reddit once people get to the end, that's if they can get their game to run.

Since all the tits and degeneracy that occurred in the marketing for this game was a mere tool for CD to get people to buy their game that tells a story about death and acceptance.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
You are delirious if you compare it to No Man's Sky. Most people were disappointed in the lack of content there, not because it ran like ass.

Codex Posers.

User was nabbed fit

My performance is p. good on ultra settings (RTX 3080 and i9 9900k) BUT the latest patch/hotfix seems to crash the game three times as much as before. No idea why. It improved performance for a lot of people, but possibly at the cost of stability. Some people don't seem to have any issues though.

mogwaimon

Magister
They're actually worse gameplay than bandit camps since they have civilians that give you nothing if you live but give you warrants if you hurt them by accident.

I did one of those "help the police" things and once the criminals were dead the police just turned on me instantly, I assume because I winged one of them or something. Seems like more trouble than it's worth when there's a thousand other activities to do.

the cops are a little overzealous, I had one pull a gun on me after I stood next to him for a little too long...but then again it's also really easy to lose a wanted level, least in the early stages, so it sort of balances out unlike GTA4 or 5 where you have to spend like 10 mins each time you nudge a civilian the wrong way trying to escape suicidal terminator cops.

Deflowerer

Arcane

Codex Posers.

Undoubtedly people will shit on it here as they do on Witcher 3, a bit to be an edgelord, but probably also for very good and substantial reasons as well when it comes to gameplay and RPG systems. However, it is indeed delusional to believe that your average consumer will give any real fucks about any of that.

kreight

How many of you read Gibson's Neuromancer? The main character in the novel, he wasn't really a tough macho guy, more like a net dork. He was running in the net while the chick was doing the job in the field.

And the second novel? It basically starts with the main character doing a cunnilingus.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL just played for an hour or so and decided to instal Andromeda. The game looks like shit,runs like shit and plays like shit. The RPG trees are pretty big,but didn't noticed anything interesting in them tho. 95% of perks are combat ones and i didn't see any dialogue things to pick up. So you just end u focusing on a single one and mostly ignoring the rest,there wasn't even a selling for higher price thing. Also it has the typical MMO item pricing,you could by it for 5000 but it sells for 50 bucks lol. I noticed that a big problem for the game is the drawing distance being like endless lol. I had trees and bushes clipping trough everything,and they were like very far away. I played on mid/high and the game didn't look good,it is a mystery where my four gigs of gpu ram is going. Fuck i even decided to put it down till there is a patch or something,the game painful.
Classic fantadomat speed-review.
Ahh shitposting and memeing is all fine,but still it is an RPG forum. A bit of decent info and discussion is needed :). Also not really a review,tomorrow i will try playing it as i did with andromeda.....with a bottle of Vodka and a nice potato salad with some octopus marinated in oil :lol::lol::lol:. But i don't know how much i will manage to progress,the game is 10times more broken than andromeda for sure. At least that one was running.

Dexter ,mate,as for my earlier post about the 580....well i honestly think that the game doesn't run on it because of how much they fucked up. The looks so bad on medium that it should be able to fly on the 580. LoL now it reminded me of bard's tale,it is the same mess. Ugly game that doesn't run well.

Robber Baron

Savant
Shit I wonder if mods will allow to swap the romance interest models with random NPC girls
I mean look at this

20201212000616-1.png

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Undoubtedly people will shit on it here as they do on Witcher 3, a bit to be an edgelord, but probably also for very good and substantial reasons as well when it comes to gameplay and RPG systems. However, it is indeed delusional to believe that your average consumer will give any real fucks about any of that.
I like how are trying to sneak in the fact that Witcher 3 had RPG systems to shit on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom