Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

soulburner

Cipher
Last edited:

Old Hans

Arcane
Another team within BioWare has already begun pre-production on the next chapter in the Mass Effect universe.
Source: https://blog.bioware.com/2020/12/10/bioware-double-feature-at-the-game-awards/

*Preproduction* :D So it's one of those teasers similar to TES IV. I bet some people got excited, but this shit ain't coming out aaaaaaaaaaaaaanytime soon :D
Its the equivalent of some game modder who's like "im working on a new total overhaul mod for game X" which consists of some quick artwork of character outfits

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is it Mass Effect: Andromeda 2?

Liara is in it, so no.

The trailer is Liara in a frozen wilderness investigaitng a scrap of broken space marine armor that says 'N7', suggesting that Liara is looking for a Shepard who is missing in some sense or another or a suitable substitute of similar caliber

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now we get all the fan theories about how they might resurrect the series with Shephard. Prepare to be dissapointed folks. Look at it this way, we had:
  • How are they gonna handle BG3?
  • KOTOR 3 and how that was gonna be awesome.
  • Fallout, Etc.
  • The Kickstarter revolution with: POE1, W2, TTON.
  • How are they gonna handle Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia? I lose track with Star Wars...
  • All the conspiracy theories regarding GOT and how it was gonna be awesome.
At this point, I just think of it as a pleasant suprise when functioning adults prove they can tell a story. If it's also good, that's a bonus. Like Kingmaker.

There just arn't really any storytellers left. And the ones that are left seem to be getting sidelined. :negative:

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
One good story would be use Lazarus to bring Shepard back but he's half human-half reaper showing internal struggle but also learning about origins of Reapers.
Reaper part in him was used to bring him back. He learns how to control the reaper inside of him while doing other awesome stuff.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Bioware or not, the aftermath of what amounts to an intergalactic apocalypse is going to be interesting to see in a RPG. You know, ten years from now when it comes out.

The Bishop

Cipher
Bioware or not, the aftermath of what amounts to an intergalactic apocalypse is going to be interesting to see in a RPG. You know, ten years from now when it comes out.
Why wait when you can just make something up in your head right now? Odds are whatever Bioware writers are making up in theirs isn't going to be any better.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
icd5teofmk461.gif

New ME!!!

otteaux

Novice
I'm glad they're returning to the original story line, but I've got no optimism for this after the fuckshow Andromeda was.

I'm also annoyed that they're wasting their time remastering the original trilogy. The original ME is evergreen for me - I think it still looks and plays great for a game that's 13 years old.

Xeon

Augur
If its related to the original trilogy, I hope it will be good but I am not sure how that will work out since Shepard's story was donzo. Also the devs are probably still the brain dead devs of Andromeda so it will be probably get ruined anyway. Tho I'll probably will give them bonus points if they forget the Star Child never existed, I hated that fucker every time he showed up in ME3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom