Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
There are only two or three women who've ever been the chief creative force behind a good game, and they all worked for Sierra On-Line during the previous century.

None of these women are capable of making good games anymore, though they have tried; then again, that also applies to most of the male has-beens who developed good games during that same era.

By the time 100% of a game development studio's staff are women, no games will never actually be released, because it's difficult for several dozen "community managers" to handle the programming and scripting side of things, even with the benefit of a development kit that does most of the work for them.

You need at least a small team of autistic gamer nerds to come out with a good game, even when you have a larger team involved. These guys will carry the entire project forward towards something good. And it so happens autism happens more frequently among the male population.

What happened was to be expected. The shitty programming is the direct effect of having trannies infesting your company, and everybody knows that trannies cannot into binary.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
DalekFlay

-I'm level 4
-Blue revolver w/silencer
-No pistol perks
-25% bonus damage w/silence Stealth perk (though I don't think I need it)

That's some sexy shit dude. Maybe I need to give it another go.

What are your pc specs bro I wish it ran that smooth for me.

Turn on DLSS if you haven't. I get locked 60 at ultra at 1440p with DLSS on "quality" with a 2070. DLSS looks better in this than Control as well.

Jackpot

Learned
Ironically I think Johnny has some of the worst voice acting in the game.
He just sounds really tired all the time instead of some super idealistic rockstar terrorist.
I guess maybe he's just supposed to be high 24/7?

I think voice acting for the other main characters is top-notch so far though.

Jinn

Arcane
It's a common thing with this game that I've noticed so far. People seem to get really fed-up or annoyed with the gameplay early on, because there is RPG-style progression and they feel like they should be more powerful right from the beginning. Once you start improving your character, upgrading your shit, getting better gear, the gameplay opens up a lot more and honestly starts to get much better. It's another positive aspect of the game for me.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
What the fuck were those Delamain missions of chasing cars? They were interesting in terms of setting, but zero options or elections on them in terms of gameplay. Felt like they were taken straight from a Rockstar game.

Where's the C&C? It has to be somewhere, in form of binary options at least... right? :negative:

It's a common thing with this game that I've noticed so far. People seem to get really fed-up or annoyed with the gameplay early on, because there is RPG-style progression and they feel like they should be more powerful right from the beginning. Once you start improving your character, upgrading your shit, getting better gear, the gameplay opens up a lot more and honestly starts to get much better. It's another positive aspect of the game for me.
What are you even talking about? What opens up? All that opens up are %-based bonuses, half of which are straight up non-functional atm.

Jinn

Arcane
What are you even talking about? What opens up? All that opens up are %-based bonuses, half of which are straight up non-functional atm.

Approaches to situations based on your power, different approaches in level design based on attributes and skills, different ways to handle encounters based on quick-hacks, both prior to and in encounters. By "opens up", I mean things become much more fluid and there are more interesting options at your disposal to tackle any given situation.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
What are your pc specs bro I wish it ran that smooth for me.

i7 4790k, 16gb ram, RTX 2070 Super.

It's all DLSS. If I turn it off it drops to sub 30 fps. Really impressed because DLSS didn't do shit for Control.

Once you start improving your character, upgrading your shit, getting better gear, the gameplay opens up a lot more and honestly starts to get much better.

Yeah, actual meaningful progression mechanics, who knew?

Approaches to situations based on your power, different approaches in level design based on attributes and skills, different ways to handle encounters based on quick-hacks, both prior to and in encounters. By "opens up", I mean things become much more fluid and there are more interesting options at your disposal to tackle any given situation.
I mean, just consider that the stealth is so broken, that I have played a stealthy character without a single perk investment, on max difficulty. So sure, maybe there are *some* different approaches, but they are meaningless due to the RPG system underneath being non-existent.

Last edited:

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
In 2020 they voted my city the most glitchy place to live in America.
Main issues? Sky high rate of bugs, and more people playing below acceptable frame rate line than anywhere else.
Can't deny it, it's all true...but everybody still wants to live here. This city's always got a glitch for you.
Might be a lie, an illusion, but it's there... just around the corner...and it keeps pop in. It's a city of bugs, and I'm a big beta tester.

Jinn

Arcane
I mean, just consider that the stealth is so broken, that I have played a stealthy character without a single perk investment, on max difficulty. So sure, maybe there are *some* different approaches, but they are meaningless due to the RPG system underneath being non-existent.

It's cool if you're satisfied playing stealth with takedowns only (which also won't work on higher level enemies), but the attributes, perks, and hacking abilities you can get do effect the ways you can play, whether you need them or not.

It's cool if you're satisfied playing stealth with takedowns only (which also won't work on higher level enemies), but the attributes, perks, and hacking abilities you can get do effect the ways you can play, whether you need them or not.
No I'm not satified that there is an instakill option which makes melee stealth pointless. Not happy that the AI is so broken that you are better off sneaking behind them and instakill. Just saying all that being a thing, makes investment in perks for meaningful character progression entirelye arbitrary. I shoul also say, many of the perks are actually bugged and not functioning atm.

Jinn

Arcane
No I'm not satified that there is an instakill option which makes melee stealth pointless. Not happy that the AI is so broken that you are better off sneaking behind them and instakill. Just saying all that being a thing, makes investment in perks for meaningful character progression entirelye arbitrary. I shoul also say, many of the perks are actually bugged and not functioning atm.

Well, that sucks man. Sounds like you're better off waiting for some patches, or an overhaul mod a year or two from now.

Latro

Arcane
so no non-lethal options and poor stealth mechanics and options...are there decent unarmed weapons (knuckles, etc) /perks?

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
first off, lmao at all the dumbasses being like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOW MY CHARACTER GETS BETTER AT A THING AS I LEVEL UP THAT SKILL???" I thought this was the RPG codex.

secondly, jesus christ the keanu reeves voice acting is terrible. He sounds drunk as fuck and not in a "my character is drunk" but in a "fuck a fucking video game im doing a bottle of tequila and doing one take for each line" way. Some of the real strength of some of the regular voice cast is they can actually make Mike Pondsmith's fucking idiotic slang (ie choombatta) sound natural and Keanu is clearly not used to genre work where he has to say dumb shit. fucking guy should do a star trek

Alexios

Augur
Patron
secondly, jesus christ the keanu reeves voice acting is terrible. He sounds drunk as fuck and not in a "my character is drunk" but in a "fuck a fucking video game im doing a bottle of tequila and doing one take for each line" way. Some of the real strength of some of the regular voice cast is they can actually make Mike Pondsmith's fucking idiotic slang (ie choombatta) sound natural and Keanu is clearly not used to genre work where he has to say dumb shit. fucking guy should do a star trek
have you never seen keanu reeves act

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom