Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Dexter

Arcane
https://www.techspot.com/article/2164-cyberpunk-benchmarks/
4K_Ultra.png
1440p_Ultra.png
1080p_Ultra.png

4K_Medium.png
1440p_Medium.png
1080p_Medium.png

No I'm not satified that there is an instakill option which makes melee stealth pointless. Not happy that the AI is so broken that you are better off sneaking behind them and instakill. Just saying all that being a thing, makes investment in perks for meaningful character progression entirelye arbitrary. I shoul also say, many of the perks are actually bugged and not functioning atm.

Well, that sucks man. Sounds like you're better off waiting for some patches, or an overhaul mod a year or two from now.
Nah there's no fixing this mess. You think there is, but I think you'll see how deep the flaws run with more exposure to the game. If you are a gentleman of Arr Pee Gee, that is :')

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Peripeteia, colloquially referred to by me as "Potato Ex" is looking good
It does indeed look good though a different direction I'm taking but that's to be expected. Everyone has their own ideas of what a Deus Ex game should be and how it can be built upon.
All things considered though its great and fills me with hope that we're entering an era of the indie "immersive sim" contrary to what Irrational once said. We'll prove em wrong in time.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
secondly, jesus christ the keanu reeves voice acting is terrible. He sounds drunk as fuck and not in a "my character is drunk" but in a "fuck a fucking video game im doing a bottle of tequila and doing one take for each line" way.
to be fair though he's put more effort into this game than Sir Stewart did in Oblivion.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
so no non-lethal options and poor stealth mechanics and options...are there decent unarmed weapons (knuckles, etc) /perks?

Lots of non-lethal options, it just doesn't seem to make much difference, as in there's no faction/karma system or anything that punishes you for killing people. You can leave behind a graveyard of bodies and the cops don't care as long as they were gangbangers.

All blunt weapons are non-lethal, fist/clubs has its own skill tree, and stealth is actually OP.

Slaver1

Savant
Impressed with how badly CDPR stitched up the Sony crowd. A deceptive marketing campaign leveraging the PC version coupled with No Refunds for the plebs locked in millions of pre-order and day 1 sales.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Lol at all the people here who think credibility and studio reputation have any influence in the industry beyond basement-grade devs.

Keep consuming, make polish capitalizm strong.
Did you miss the part about CDPR shares dropping 30%?

Dexter

Arcane
https://archive.is/4DApJ
CD Projekt Changes Developer Bonus Structure After Buggy Release
By Jason Schreier
December 11, 2020, 11:44 PM UTC
  • Developers will get payouts, regardless of game’s reviews
  • Cyberpunk 2077 was a hit, but critics found litany of glitches
Executives at Polish video game publisher CD Projekt SA took responsibility for the buggy release of the highly-anticipated title Cyberpunk 2077 this week, telling staff on Friday in an email obtained by Bloomberg that they will receive their full bonuses no matter how the game is reviewed. Previously, CD Projekt developers were told they would receive extra pay based on the game’s critical performance.

Cyberpunk 2077, which came out Thursday, is one of the year’s biggest games and a monumental release for the Polish publisher, which only makes new titles every few years. The sci-fi role-playing game sold more than 8 million copies in pre-orders before launch and has been acclaimed for its mechanics and story, but slammed for the number of glitches and bugs. As of Friday, Cyberpunk 2077 had a 90 out of 100 on the review aggregation website Metacritic -- a strong score that has nonetheless disappointed shareholders. If that score dips below 90, it may no longer meet the threshold that CD Projekt had originally set for bonus payouts.

“We initially had a bonus system that was focused on the game’s ratings and the release date, but after consideration, we believe that measure is simply not fair under the circumstances,” wrote Adam Badowski, studio head and creative director for Cyberpunk 2077, in the email to staff. “We underestimated the lengths and complexity involved to make this a reality, and still you did everything you could to deliver an ambitious, special game.”

A representative for CD Projekt did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The bonus system CD Projekt used for developers working on Cyberpunk 2077 was complicated. Every month, team leaders at the company gave out tokens styled after the studio’s logo, a red bird, to members of their team they felt deserved honors, according to three current and former employees. Those tokens would have then been transferred into bonuses if the game met certain criteria, like critical acclaim and a timely release. Under the new system, those payouts will be guaranteed even though Cyberpunk 2077 was delayed and the review score has been mixed. This performance bonus comes on top of regular annual profit-sharing payouts.

Although the structure will reward some employees financially, there has been concern that it pushed them to work longer hours. In September, Bloomberg reported that developers at CD Projekt had been working excessive overtime, or crunch, on and off since 2018. The company asked all of its staff to work six-day workweeks in the months leading up to release. Developers who are critical of the bonus system have said that it implicitly encourages employees to put in nights and weekends to show that they’re working the hardest.

Perkel

Arcane
Ironically I think Johnny has some of the worst voice acting in the game.
He just sounds really tired all the time instead of some super idealistic rockstar terrorist.
I guess maybe he's just supposed to be high 24/7?

I think voice acting for the other main characters is top-notch so far though.

You are trying to put what you think he is to what he isn't. If you play the game you will understand that he is no longer naive idealistic rockerboy, that dude has straight up coolant in his veins now. And Guano voice really really really nails it. We are talking about suicide bomber blowing up kindergarden level cold. Dude ain't games and giggles anymore.

I am yet to finish main story but so far I love it. It is really top notch so far.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
RE: complaints about constantly replacing gear - are we just gonna ignore the fact that you can upgrade your existing gear? And so basically just the same gear the whole game if you want?
You realize upgrading gets more and more expensive and has a worse stat curve than finding/crafting the same gun with a higher base level, right?

It makes sense to upgrade a few times, but again, it's mostly just dumb busiwork.

And I'm not sure how having the same gear from the start to the end of the game (same ratty assault rifle you find all game, for example) but with better and better dps (off-set by enemy leveling of the exact same set of enemies from start to finish as well) is somehow a good thing.

Major parts of the progression in this game are just pointless additions to waste your time.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Did you miss the part about CDPR shares dropping 30%?
It dropped exactly (-11.46%) nigger where the fuck do you pull this number from your ass?
Was quoted in an article earlier in the thread, though after looking it up on google finance it's more like 20 percent since release on the 10th. 30 percent since 7th with the leaks and stuff though.

So yeah, about 30% from this month's peak.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck me, game is fucking drug:

unknown.png

I don't get it how could someone finish this in 30h. I am far away from ending and i basically did like 10 sidequests and some NCPD stuff which is nothing. For fucking sure reviewers played on easiest and rushed main quests only just to get review out.

orcinator

Liturgist
, the gameplay opens up a lot more
Until it actually opens up, then you're getting oneshot by skull enemies because you're not tall enough to ride the attractions.
Making the combat easier doesn't actually make it more interesting since it's still Fallout 4 with hacks.
which also won't work on higher level enemies
Enemies above your level are immune to crits too, gotta run them over with your car Terry style.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
first off, lmao at all the dumbasses being like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOW MY CHARACTER GETS BETTER AT A THING AS I LEVEL UP THAT SKILL???" I thought this was the RPG codex.

I admit I was too hasty to write off silenced weapon stealth. Yes, growing in power is obviously an RPG staple, but usually you're not so completely inept at a thing as to make it impossible for a handful of levels. I think hard mode might have had something to do with it, but in the early levels I couldn't kill anything with a silenced headshot, so all the enemies were alerted immediately every time. Putting in a few more hours tonight though, searching the city for the best revolver and upgrading it and getting a few more perks, suddenly I'm one-shotting everything from the shadows and having a great time doing it. Also it seems you can shut down cameras even with minimum level intelligence and the starting cyberdeck, which is all I need to do.

So... sorry Cyberpunk. I still think you have many flaws I will rant about later, and the main missions shoving you into combat is lame-o, but your pistol stealth is much better than I thought.

orcinator

Liturgist
It's nice to know that the boring stealth archer playstyle is viable.

Personally I found some 400 damage per shot rifle and that's been my Iwin button.
It even has a smartlink which I used once then realized I'm barely playing a game at this point and removed the upgrade from my hands.
Probably only exists in the game because the playtesters would always sell it since the listed DPS is crap.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Walking around with an assault rifle and tons of health and clicking heads is the boring one for me, but different strokes and all that. The sword playthrough sounds kinda neat though, if I ever replay it.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

Personally I found some 400 damage per shot rifle and that's been my Iwin button.
It even has a smartlink which I used once then realized I'm barely playing a game at this point and removed the upgrade from my hands.
Probably only exists in the game because the playtesters would always sell it since the listed DPS is crap.
Hah, yeah. This game's weapons are Sawyerian through and through, including loopholes like that. I wonder if they'll patch that sort of thing out just like he did with POE2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom