Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

racofer

Thread Incliner
c

(-11.46%)

CD Projekt has flatlined.

Turjan

Arcane
I'm somewhere in Act 2 at the moment. Unlike before, there were a few bugs that started creeping up in the meanwhile. The escape from the "Heist" mission where you have to fight off drones had V spawn without a weapon. As this kind of mission locks you out from pretty much all of the interface, I had to wait till the car got blown up and hope the last checkpoint wasn't too far back. I had a case of Groundhog Day at a slightly earlier point where I had issues with a specific set of NPC's (no boss) I couldn't get past, you weren't allowed to save for ages, and the checkpoint brought you back before a whole scene with dialog and a few actions you had to perform. Bah. Not sure what was wrong there. I even tried to change the difficulty after I got fed up with this. Changing the difficulty forces a reload (last checkpoint), but didn't seem to do much else than change the AI (mostly of the surveillance) slightly, while enemy damage seemed to be completely unchanged. So I'm not sure whether that was a bug or not, as the whole situation seemed off.

Another bug was when V couldn't get out of a crouching position. But other than being forced to talk to crotches, it was just a glitch that solved itself at the quest end. The missions I got in Act2 all felt much easier than the ones from before, but this could also be because the game suddenly started throwing level-ups and perk points at me, plus better armor and weapons. I'm not sure I feel competent to comment on the actual system, because I don't think I feel I have any mastery of it (I went into the game basically blind and had no expectations, but no real system background knowledge, either).

As an aside, I wonder how the crowd that spent most of their pre-release discussions fantasizing about romances in this game feels, btw. I haven't met any yet, although I did quite a few quests with Judy, and there wasn't anything remotely romantic touched upon (which was fine by me). Out of curiosity, I did this one-off with the corpo woman. Driving there took at least four times as long as the following short cutscene, which wasn't anything remotely interesting, either (not that I expected it to be). I got the first dildo of my game out of this though, and I think it's an epic one (haven't looked at the stats yet)? The way this is treated is such an afterthought that I can see a bit of (ultimately amusing) rage in the future, as soon as all that talk about technical issues ebbs down (if it ever does). In the end, it looks like one of these baits where things didn't quite hold up to the hype, like quite a few things in this game.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
I'm somewhere in Act 2 at the moment. Unlike before, there were a few bugs that started creeping up in the meanwhile. The escape from the "Heist" mission where you have to fight off drones had V spawn without a weapon. As this kind of mission locks you out from pretty much all of the interface, I had to wait till the car got blown up and hope the last checkpoint wasn't too far back. I had a case of Groundhog Day at a slightly earlier point where I had issues with a specific set of NPC's (no boss) I couldn't get past, you weren't allowed to save for ages, and the checkpoint brought you back before a whole scene with dialog and a few actions you had to perform. Bah. Not sure what was wrong there. I even tried to change the difficulty after I got fed up with this. Changing the difficulty forces a reload (last checkpoint), but didn't seem to do much else than change the AI (mostly of the surveillance) slightly, while enemy damage seemed to be completely unchanged. So I'm not sure whether that was a bug or not, as the whole situation seemed off.

Another bug was when V couldn't get out of a crouching position. But other than being forced to talk to crotches, it was just a glitch that solved itself at the quest end. The missions I got in Act2 all felt much easier than the ones from before, but this could also be because the game suddenly started throwing level-ups and perk points at me, plus better armor and weapons. I'm not sure I feel competent to comment on the actual system, because I don't think I feel I have any mastery of it (I went into the game basically blind and had no expectations, but no real system background knowledge, either).

As an aside, I wonder how the crowd that spent most of their pre-release discussions fantasizing about romances in this game feels, btw. I haven't met any yet, although I did quite a few quests with Lucy, and there wasn't anything remotely romantic touched upon (which was fine by me). Out of curiosity, I did this one-off with the corpo woman. Driving there took at least four times as long as the following short cutscene, which wasn't anything remotely interesting, either (not that I expected it to be). I got the first dildo of my game out of this though, and I think it's an epic one (haven't looked at the stats yet)? The way this is treated is such an afterthought that I can see a bit of (ultimately amusing) rage in the future, as soon as all that talk about technical issues ebbs down (if it ever does). In the end, it looks like one of these baits where things didn't quite hold up to the hype, like quite a few things in this game.
There are four romances:
Judy - lesbian
Panam - straight
River - straight
Kerry - gay

All pretty barebones, mostly a checkmark thing for features to hype in an RPG.

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah, I meant Judy, not Lucy (edited this), and my V is male, so it checks out.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Obligatory "I haven't played this game" disclaimer.

That said: lol at this game and at the hardcore CDPR fanbase. I knew this was gonna happen: the game had been hyped well beyond "greatest game ever" to "greatest game ever, 20 years ahead of the competition" (or should I say 57 years ahead of the rest?).
The way it was marketed, the way it was hyped, everything pointed not only to a flawless game, but to a game that basically combined every single great thing about every single game of its kind into a single package. Impossible.

And not only is CP2077 not ahead of the competition, but it also seems to lack really basic features that other open world games have successfully been doing for quite a while already. Extra lols for the constant comparison to GTA V, when only months ago people were saying "THIS IS NOT CYBERPUNK GTA", even though CDPR clearly intented for the game to be very similar.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Yeah my earlier comments about them burning up goodwill are wrong. Looking at twitter, basically anyone that mentions the bad console performance has legions of dumb fucks going "LOL SHOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT IT FOR A SHIT CONSOLE TEEHEE". And replying to complaints of bugs with moronic shit like "LOL I PUT A HUNDRED HOURS IN NO BUGS NO GLITCHES GET A BETTER PC HEHEHEHE" so it seems they've elevated themselves to Nintendo-tier where an army of anonymous goons will melt out of the shadows to performative lick CDPR's boots at you if you criticize them. lol

Yosharian

Arcane
If you think this game is in any way comparable to Watch Dogs Legion, throw yourself off the nearest cliff. As flawed as this game is it is a million times better than that giant piece of shit.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Regardless of Codex opinion on Cyberpunk, I think we can all agree Reddit is cancerous. Half the posts are bitching that it's a bad RPG because you can't play on arcade machines or dance.

Others are bitching that the character development is bad because the skill tree gives you lots of bonuses instead of new Far Cry style finishers and "exciting" kill animations.

Meanwhile posts referencing actual issues like itemisation get buried by "muh arcade machines"

I read someone's post which may have been poorly worded, but went something like: "this is not much of an RPG, is it? You can't customize your hair after character creation, you can't get tattoos, you can't customize your vehicles or your appartment".

Fucking hell, we've gotten to the point where GTA V is unironically considered an RPG.

harhar!

Augur
I just did a "gig" where I was supposed to stop a non-corrupt cop from investigating something. The only two options I had were killing her or convincing her to go. No option to help with her investigation. Nice RPG you got there.

Latelistener

Arcane
Did you mean to post a different video? Because this one shows from the start that the CPU is the bottleneck and the frametimes are all over the place.
The game only uses 4 threads.
That's because posting the video outside of the city wouldn't make any sense, it will be stable 60+. And still it's playable even inside the city.

The game can use up to 12 threads.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is powered by the REDengine 3. In our interview with CD Projekt RED, Greg Rdzany claimed that CDPR’s technology is already using the full potential of multi-core CPUs. Well, we are happy to report that Greg was right. REDengine 3 scales incredibly well even on twelve threads. REDengine 3 is definitely future-proof and given its incredible scaling on multiple CPU cores, we are certain that AMD CPU owners won’t encounter any major performance issues with The Witcher 3.

And while The Witcher 3 does not require a high-end CPU, it demands a really powerful GPU in order to enable all its bells and whistles and retain a constant 60fps framerate at 1080p.

https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-pc-performance-analysis/

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
There are four romances:
Judy - lesbian
Panam - straight
River - straight
Kerry - gay

All pretty barebones, mostly a checkmark thing for features to hype in an RPG.

They make the only attractive woman only for lesbians and the male option the ugly black woman on purpose, btw.

Western devs been doing this for a while now, because they like to spit in the eye of their audience, i.e. straight male gamers.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
It's nice to know that the boring stealth archer playstyle is viable.

Walking around with an assault rifle and tons of health and clicking heads is the boring one for me, but different strokes and all that. The sword playthrough sounds kinda neat though, if I ever replay it.

Strong attack - > decapitation animation, rince and repeat. The more reflect you have the harder it is for enemies to hit you.

That being said, its pretty funny to butcher bosses in 10 seconds. I just killed an absolute goon of a Voodoo boy because I fucked him sideways in the main quest with four swings of my sword lmao

Xeon

Augur
I didn't think they will add full romances as well. I thought it was mostly one night stands like they showed in the gameplay videos or something.

Edit:
Not sure how this works but someone said since they had photo mode and full animations at all times then its possible to have 3rd person gameplay or something, not sure how true is that.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Yeah my earlier comments about them burning up goodwill are wrong. Looking at twitter, basically anyone that mentions the bad console performance has legions of dumb fucks going "LOL SHOULDNT HAVE BOUGHT IT FOR A SHIT CONSOLE TEEHEE". And replying to complaints of bugs with moronic shit like "LOL I PUT A HUNDRED HOURS IN NO BUGS NO GLITCHES GET A BETTER PC HEHEHEHE" so it seems they've elevated themselves to Nintendo-tier where an army of anonymous goons will melt out of the shadows to performative lick CDPR's boots at you if you criticize them. lol

Yeah this is whats known as Dehype. In Dehype you can expect the following statements:
  • Works for me get a better computer I don't have any bugs
  • The game will get better with DLC
  • Well you just don't like fun cause I'm having fun no regrets
  • If you don't like it then don't play it. (or if you don't like it don't buy it)
  • Vote with your Wallet (implying that the devs listen to non-buyers)
  • Mods will fix it
  • Every game has some bugs relax
  • One sentence statement as some kind of meme joke to deflect their salt
  • Treating criticism of the game as a criticism of themselves and then going full threat mode
Basically expect lots of confirmation bias.

There saved you a heap of time. The discussions here have been superior lots of talk about design and what people like and don't like. Curation is needed for games the mainstream doesn't get that they're just waiting for next product.

Gerrard

Arcane
Ironically, this game would've been better as more of an FPS and less of an "RPG", as that would put it closer to the CP2020 combat rules.

Did you mean to post a different video? Because this one shows from the start that the CPU is the bottleneck and the frametimes are all over the place.
The game only uses 4 threads.
That's because posting the video outside of the city wouldn't make any sense, it will be stable 60+. And still it's playable even inside the city.
So first you say it's not CPU bound, then you post a video that shows it is, then you move the goalposts.
Okay dude.

freygeist87

Educated
Zionist Agent
This game is a leftist shitshow. I was really lookin forward to it, and had high hopes, but there is so many stuff that fucking annoys me. Why is there a black woman as your voice com instructor? Nice of them to respect their target audience. Then she says shit like welcome to the facist playground when you train your weapons. In Vs personal room there is "bolshevik vodka" on the table. This shit isnt even subtle anymore. They are pushing their fucking leftist agenda, every point they can, its so fucking annoying. People have been right about CD Project. Another great studio got replaced by leftist assholes, who think video games have to be about pushing your political ideology. And its not even very creative or anything. Its just any western multicultural shithole 20 years forward. Where is it written that cyberpunk has to be multicultural?
But what to expect from a company that say shit like that:

cp.jpg

and has THAT as an art director:

1572997149319.png

Im really disappointed, when i think how great this game could have been, with a proper male developer studio. Its the same as always diversity and inclusion comes with price. The price of quality. They hired to many woman and they are on their best way to become a sad caricature of themselves like Obsidian.

Last edited:

BelisariuS.F

Augur
The game needs some serious modding intervention in the progression of, well, everything. It should be forbidden by law to put such granular progression in shooter-rpg hybrids, with such amazing upgrades like +5% to damage. It may be ok in a proper rpg, wher PC stats are at the forefront and they are growing steadily. But in a game where player skill is more important than PC stats such uprades feel like an insignificant background noise. You get better progression just from learning the game systems and playing better with time (or by firing up some aim trainer and improving your aim). In shooter-rpg progression steps should be fewer but meaningful, upgrading something significantly or giving you something new.
What they could have done with weapons, for example, is to create several weapons in the same category that vary significantly in their damage (and gate the better ones somehow; maybe you could only buy them), allow you to mod them extensively, so you could even have several versions of the same weapon modded differently for different situations. You could then be replacing mods with better versions. And after some time acquire a better weapon in the same category, sell the old one and start modding the new one.
Right now it seems to me that there are two best ways to play this game. Playing as jack-of-all-trades (using every playstyle) focused on stealth and hacking to an extent, and picking the most meaningful perks in every category. Or playing other games while waiting for mods.
BTW It seems that they've managed to patch the PC version to an ok state. I've had only one more serious bug - combat started, combat music started playing, I've moved somewhere else in the city and the combat music continued to play, even after saving and reloading. Besides that, after 15 hours I've had only a couple of minor glitches.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sidequests are pretty awfull, had to google which of the two subquest categories was the randomly generated filler bullshit and which were the custom made ones, because they were both boring and samey as fuck.

It is usually just arrive at place > listen to exposition > shoot some dudes > drive back across the entire map > hear some pop culture reference and get a reward.

Did they churn those out in a chinese sweatshop or what?

Gargaune

Magister
I played Human Revolution up to the bank, and never tried Mankind Divided. If it's something approaching the original Deus Ex level design, I'd be willing to give it a whirl.
It's in that direction and I was totally chuffed with it. Wasn't bowled over by the dedicated mission levels in DX4's base campaign, like Rucker's complex or GARMR, but Prague certainly feels like a proper Deus Ex experience. The third DLC is also worth a shoutout as a tour de force in level design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom