Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
i mean the game is lacking in significant narrative c&c but usually the people complaining about are completely braindead and pick from examples

like from the SECOND that this was announced to be an open world voiced protag game it was OBVIOUS what to expect

but no instead lets cry that the game isnt on par with bloodlines(lol)

like literally braindead

Did you just give the game a 7/10?

MarxistPlato

Educated
i mean the game is lacking in significant narrative c&c but usually the people complaining about are completely braindead and pick from examples

like from the SECOND that this was announced to be an open world voiced protag game it was OBVIOUS what to expect

like literally braindead

To be fair, CDPR fucked them over with marketing they did, but with this circlejerk, reddit for example, lost it's mind completely and is bashing this game for EVERY thing - there are bunch of people saying that; driving is TERRIBLE, story is TERRIBLE, character creation is TERRIBLE, shooting is TERRIBLE - like, what the fuck?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
At this point, I'm deeply convinced Steam reviews are manipulated.

The reviews on GOG are at 3.8/5, which would make roughly 76/100. On GOG, where the hardcore CDPR fanbase goes to shop.
The reviews on Steam are at 79/100. On Steam, where everyone whines about everything all the time, whether it's a legitimate issue or not.
No asterisk next to the score means that at least officially, steam has left the reviews alone so far.
Do you have that option enabled which lets you see the true score regardless of whether steam ignored reviews during a review bombing event (only ever for negative review bombing, never positive lol)?

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished the game yesterday. Ending was a bummer, but well done.
Sided with Hanako, defeated Yorinobu and Saburo's engram got uploaded into him (ergo replacing his own mind) and Arasaka helped my corpo V get Johnny out of his head.
But due to the fact that removing the chip required radiation treatment, you are left with only 6 months to live and you can either decide to become an Arasaka-owned engram uploaded in their database or to keep being a merc for the little time that you have left.
rVV96sV.jpg
Removing the chip didn't require radiation treatment. It's that the chip itself caused changes to your body similar to that of radiation.

Also, should've just went with the program. You are nothing to them, so they wouldn't offer it if they didn't truly mean to put you back into a body one day. Hell, if they wanted to fuck you over they'd do it without asking and giving you the option to refuse.
Didn't go with it because you also get to see Jackie's engram earlier and both you and Hanako agree that it isn't really him. An AI LARPing as V wouldn't be the real V, so better 6 months than nothing.

So thats interesting

in the epilogue Takamura said, Hanako had me all but forgotten and I did not see her in the credits I also never saw Jackies engram

I wonder what the triggers are.

Curratum

At this point, I'm deeply convinced Steam reviews are manipulated.

The reviews on GOG are at 3.8/5, which would make roughly 76/100. On GOG, where the hardcore CDPR fanbase goes to shop.
The reviews on Steam are at 79/100. On Steam, where everyone whines about everything all the time, whether it's a legitimate issue or not.
No asterisk next to the score means that at least officially, steam has left the reviews alone so far.
Do you have that option enabled which lets you see the true score regardless of whether steam ignored reviews during a review bombing event (only ever for negative review bombing, never positive lol)?

No, I don't, can I enable this in the Steam client or do I need a browser extension for it?

Vatnik Wumao
in the epilogue Takamura said, Hanako had me all but forgotten and I did not see her in the credits I also never saw Jackies engram

I didn't meet Takamura in the epilogue. Pretty sure that he died protecting Hanako when Yorinobu's troops raided the place where Goro had taken her.

And you can ask Hanako to show you Jackie's engram after you've done your talk with Saburo's engram.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
To be fair, CDPR fucked them over with marketing they did, but with this circlejerk, reddit for example, lost it's mind completely and is bashing this game for EVERY thing - there are bunch of people saying that; driving is TERRIBLE, story is TERRIBLE, character creation is TERRIBLE, shooting is TERRIBLE - like, what the fuck?

But everything in reddit is like that. People there want pointless fucking things like functional Arcade Games when the game lack basic shit like police wanted system, there's always the stupid one that want pointless things and complain about the stupid shit.

Alexios

Augur
Patron

like literally braindead

Everything actually is terrible though.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
actual problems with the game so far after like 25 hours and only doing a few of the main quests(I am mostly vibing driving around and doing gigs and sidequests):

enemies too spongy, i find myself using a shotgun a lot more than i anticipated due to this as it helps to somehow mitigate it
no vents and openable windows on roofs(the verticality in general is pretty amazing just feel wise but it gets letdown by it not translating enough into level design imo)
enemy AI sometimes becomes retarded
can't romance takemura as a straight penisgirl V
visual glitches and stuff
no craft X times button when you are like upgrading components en masse
no button for crafting a selected item, it's a lot more annoying doing it by mouse than it would be with a button
can't elope with takemura as an ex copro V and live out the rest of your lives cuddling and bantering together on some island paradise or a luxury moon hotel
not enough impactful stat checks(so far the 1 20 technical check I found was literally a flavour dialogue)
car physics are kinda dumb?(i can ram into someone full speed on a bike but my ass stays in the seat)
can't suck takemura's dick while he awkwardly tries to dirty talks to you in japanese
can't buy new apartments(this is a very particular autism of mine tho)
judy exists(just fuck off please)
origins too short
no silver fox corpo samurai bf got i want him so bad please someone put me out of my misery
guns scale off too fast

If these things were fixed(especially enemy AI and damage scaling) it would be a really amazing witcher with guns. It already pretty much is better than witcher 3 which got carried by pedophiles who wanted to fuck ciri and gwent anyhow.

CDPROJECT games so far

Witcher 1 >> Cyberpunk 2077 > Witcher 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cyberpunk mobile shovelware >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Witcher 2

Did you just give the game a 7/10?
solid 8, will be 9 with mods and fixes
this is like the only game I day 1 bought in many years and I dont regret it at all

i hope they double down against the criticism and work on improving the game so that I can have even more fun in the future

y people are just overreacting and downright lying in some of their complains due to being triggered by marketing, which like I guess i can excuse for some 14yo ps4 normie who just wants to play a cool GTA

but everyone on this forum should have lived through fucking skyrim and never braindead trusted a marketing campaign ever

Curratum

like literally braindead

They are saying those things because yes, if you particularly care about any of those components, you will find it TERRIBLE.

I am a big controls / clunkiness / responsiveness / movement feel whore and the game is ABSOLUTELY DIRE in this regard, both on foot and in a vehicle.

So much so that if I had bought it, I would probably refund it just because of how terrible movement and interactions feel ALL the time.

Learned
Made it to Act 2 and wanted to weigh in.

Performance is more than fine on my three year old PC. Night City looks good but it takes mere seconds of derailment to break the illusion of a living, breathing world. How NPC's have critter AI with zero reactivity and how cops magically spawn on you must have been mentioned many times in the thread. You are expected to be a good puppy and follow the quest marker at all times.

Looter shooter itemization and weapon upgrades like "+0.0000000000000000000000004 range" just don't belong.

As far as controls go I always use F as my use/interact key, lucky me, but there seem to be several other keybinding issues. Dedicated walk, dodge and quickload keys are noticeably absent. How driving, melee, fists, grenades, ranged weapons and dodging work together leads to a poorly made, convoluted collage. Keyboard shortcuts in menus are inconsistent with your rebinds, guess Bethestards will feel right at home. I almost always hate driving in open world games but here handling feels particularly bad. So far sticking with fast travel and sprinting has been much more convenient.

Hopefully there will be some updates and user mods to make this into a more pleasant experience. Wouldn't say no to an itemization overhaul.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
They are saying those things because yes, if you particularly care about any of those components, you will find it TERRIBLE.

I am a big controls / clunkiness / responsiveness / movement feel whore and the game is ABSOLUTELY DIRE in this regard, both on foot and in a vehicle.

So much so that if I had bought it, I would probably refund it just because of how terrible movement and interactions feel ALL the time.
normal person: hmm driving is hard I better learn how to do this perfectly
big controls/clunkiness aficionado: nooooooooooooooooooooooo how DARE you?!

do you also complain about control scheme in gothic

literally stop having sex and play more video games

Looter shooter itemization and weapon upgrades like "+0.0000000000000000000000004 range" just don't belong.
i agree that it is objectively bad but idk it has an addicting feel to it
i get a rush from looting all that useless shit and disenchanting it into components to funnel into upgrading my actual gear that I want

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Credit to where credit's due, the 1.04 patch improved performance immensely.

Game's still buggy and underwhelming as shit though.

MarxistPlato

Educated

like literally braindead

I mean, shooting for example looks nicely done - of course it's not level of call of duty, but people going ape shit and saying that Fallout 4 had that element a lot better is just weird to me.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

I didn't meet Takamura in the epilogue. Pretty sure that he died protecting Hanako when Yorinobu's troops raided the place where Goro had taken her.

And you can ask Hanako to show you Jackie's engram after you've done your talk with Saburo's engram.

nice, some reactivity

even though Johnny tells you to run you can actually get back to takamura and save him, he then visits you as a friend in the station. Missed the option with Jackies engram though, did you have prior knowledge that it exists? because its the frist time I heard about that

Vatnik Wumao

nice, some reactivity

even though Johnny tells you to run you can actually get back to takamura and save him, he then visits you as a friend in the station. Missed the option with Jackies engram though, did you have prior knowledge that it exists? because its the frist time I heard about that
That makes me sad. Another reason to hate Johnny for fooling me into getting my top bro Goro killed. :argh:

And yeah, I did. I left Jackie's body at Vic and Arasaka raided the place to take it away and make an engram for interrogation purposes.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You guys joke about the game, but CDProjekt solved issues for disabled people on wheelchairs

IF YOU HAVE BROKEN LEGS... WHY WON'T YOU JUST RUN?

orcinator

Liturgist

like literally braindead

Yeah quite surprising for redditors to be right.

Readher

Savant
Sided with Hanako, defeated Yorinobu and Saburo's engram got uploaded into him (ergo replacing his own mind) and Arasaka helped my corpo V get Johnny out of his head.
But due to the fact that removing the chip required radiation treatment, you are left with only 6 months to live and you can either decide to become an Arasaka-owned engram uploaded in their database or to keep being a merc for the little time that you have left.
rVV96sV.jpg
Removing the chip didn't require radiation treatment. It's that the chip itself caused changes to your body similar to that of radiation.

Also, should've just went with the program. You are nothing to them, so they wouldn't offer it if they didn't truly mean to put you back into a body one day. Hell, if they wanted to fuck you over they'd do it without asking and giving you the option to refuse.
Didn't go with it because you also get to see Jackie's engram earlier and both you and Hanako agree that it isn't really him. An AI LARPing as V wouldn't be the real V, so better 6 months than nothing.

So thats interesting

Hanako only contacts you during the credits if you refuse to participate in the program. She doesn't contact you if you agree because she knows you're already in Mikoshi (while the others back on Earth don't).

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

nice, some reactivity

That makes me sad. Another reason to hate Johnny for fooling me into getting my top bro Goro killed. :argh:

And yeah, I did. I left Jackie's body at Vic and Arasaka raided the place to take it away and make an engram for interrogation purposes.

Regarding Jackie.

send him to his mom instead so there is another changing aspect.
I am replaying now as I said, depending on the amount of reactivity this might end up well a real diamond in the rough still.

Vatnik Wumao
rVV96sV.jpg

So thats interesting

Hanako only contacts you during the credits if you refuse to participate in the program. She doesn't contact you if you agree because she knows you're already in Mikoshi (while the others back on Earth don't).
Is it hinted in the ending that they'll work on getting you a body later on though?

And on an unrelated note, anyone has any clue how many possible endings there are?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom