Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jensen's apartment in Human Revolution and V's apartment are like polar opposites. Jensen's pad told you SO MUCH about his personality just by how it looked. V's apartment could be any generic NPC's in the game.

They were right with the "all style, no substance" criticism and I'm not even really out of the intro.
Jensen is pre-established character, while V is a blank slate who you have to fill up, so the generic apartmen fits right there.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Jensen's apartment in Human Revolution and V's apartment are like polar opposites. Jensen's pad told you SO MUCH about his personality just by how it looked. V's apartment could be any generic NPC's in the game.

They were right with the "all style, no substance" criticism and I'm not even really out of the intro.
Jensen is pre-established character, while V is a blank slate who you have to fill up, so the generic apartmen fits right there.

I thought the entire point was that V was pre-established to a degree?

Vatnik Wumao

I thought the entire point was that V was pre-established to a degree?
Preestablished on the basis of his lifepath, same as the Warden was in DAO.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Amazing evidence of NPC AI:

Something I forgot to mention earlier - I stopped my car in the opposite lane, and some NPC car stopped right in front of me, flashed his lights and honked the horn. I moved out of his way, and he contiued onward without freezing.

Could it be that the AI freezes are fixable?

The whole "No driving AI" is a meme. There is AI for cars and NPC according to what I've experieced with the game. It's just a poorly and underdeveloped one. I don't know if they will ever fix this, or even if it fixable at all or not.

ferratilis

Magister
I'm about 15 hours in the game now and only still playing because I wasted money on this garbage :negative:

If you bought it on GOG, you can still ask for a refund. They refunded me even though I had almost 13h of playtime. Although, they just refunded the money into my GOG wallet, but at least now I can buy real games like Underrail or Elex instead of playing this piece of shit.

Lokiamis

Learned
This game is fucked. I did the first mission in NC with Jackie and he kept phasing through tables and lockers sending everything on/inside them flying like he was the PC in Oblivion. Then we went to the elevator and he noclipped through the doors.

orcinator

Liturgist
i mean the game is lacking in significant narrative c&c but usually the people complaining about are completely braindead and pick from examples

like from the SECOND that this was announced to be an open world voiced protag game it was OBVIOUS what to expect

but no instead lets cry that the game isnt on par with bloodlines(lol)

like literally braindead

To be fair, CDPR fucked them over with marketing they did, but with this circlejerk, reddit for example, lost it's mind completely and is bashing this game for EVERY thing - there are bunch of people saying that; driving is TERRIBLE, story is TERRIBLE, character creation is TERRIBLE, shooting is TERRIBLE - like, what the fuck?
Yeah quite surprising for redditors to be right.

Right in what sense? Because that game is far in these aspects to be considered "Terrible". Fuck me, if that's terrible, then i don't know what is Fallout 4, 76, GTA, or whatever comes to compare cyberpunk with. I absolutely laugh as fuck, when i see some people praising GTA V for it's driving system - they had so much time, and it's still not as great as it should be. On the other hand, CDPR have 1 game with driving and it's still serviceable at least.

Is it better than some asset flip made by a romanian teenager? Mostly.
Are any of the listed aspects particularly good? Fuck no.

MarxistPlato

Educated
i mean the game is lacking in significant narrative c&c but usually the people complaining about are completely braindead and pick from examples

like from the SECOND that this was announced to be an open world voiced protag game it was OBVIOUS what to expect

like literally braindead

To be fair, CDPR fucked them over with marketing they did, but with this circlejerk, reddit for example, lost it's mind completely and is bashing this game for EVERY thing - there are bunch of people saying that; driving is TERRIBLE, story is TERRIBLE, character creation is TERRIBLE, shooting is TERRIBLE - like, what the fuck?

Right in what sense? Because that game is far in these aspects to be considered "Terrible". Fuck me, if that's terrible, then i don't know what is Fallout 4, 76, GTA, or whatever comes to compare cyberpunk with. I absolutely laugh as fuck, when i see some people praising GTA V for it's driving system - they had so much time, and it's still not as great as it should be. On the other hand, CDPR have 1 game with driving and it's still serviceable at least.

I too, think, that some elements are not great or good - but definitely they are not "Terrible" - that's a really big stretch to say something like that.

PrettyDeadman

Cybertranny executes some geezer on a parking lot:
O6KLXMB.png
3LkkNnn.png

GmafAUB.png

2axJtYp.png

4m9TNaK.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
After 20-odd hours I'm now convinced that a lot of the sky-is-falling stuff is basically nonsense in the big picture, and that in most respects it's a good game, and sometimes a brilliant game. Most of the stuff that's "wrong" with the game is fairly trivial (perhaps with the exception of the the PS4 graphics problems, but I can't speak to those), and easily fixable, or a matter of taste (about which, famously, there's no disputation) - except for ONE quite important problem that affects the whole of the game through and through, that I'm starting to notice.

So, ok, they've got this system where many of the the side-quests are supposed to be interwoven with the main quests, and affect the main quest. There's a kind of internal logic that flows according to where you are in the MQ (I think they call it the "token" system) that's supposed to introduce those interweaving side-quests at appropriate moments. THIS is actually what I think is a bit broken about the game, and not quite WAI, and I suspect it's actually the problem they've been most frantic about. It's a great idea in principle, and when it works it's great, but it's not working very well - yet.

I speak of the way that the player is constantly interrupted by side-quest requests, a non-trivial number of which call for quite prompt action, or even have specific timing requirements. It's starting to get really annoying, and it feels way overtuned. Maybe half a dozen times now, I've been in a situation where a bunch of side-quests come tumbling in one after the other at really inappropriate moments, even to the point where the dialogue for them is interfering with the dialogue for whatever you're currently doing - even to the point of there being a mini-cascade of them (i.e. you're engaged in dialogue for one quest, then another comes in, then another).

Now to my mind THAT's a serious problem that really breaks the sense of immersion that they're looking for. It's incredibly jarring and I think they've got to fix it.

An analogy is when you're waiting for a bus then all of a sudden 4 come along at once. Something's awry with the timing, and intuitively it feels to me like it's some kind of CPU bottleneck problem, where "go" signals are being temporarily stored so the CPU can deal with other things, so that a bunch of "go" signals are left cooling their heels, and then given out all at once. Or perhaps things are getting stuck in a loop and then the logjam is all being released at once.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ran into a dozen invisible walls that were assets loading in. Had my car fly off into space. Had another car teleport into mine.
Just curious - how many hours have you played by now? I haven't had such an occurance in my 22 hours, though I doubt I've spent more than 1 hour of them driving.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I speak of the way that the player is constantly interrupted by side-quest requests, a non-trivial number of which call for quite prompt action, or even have specific timing requirements. It's starting to get really annoying, and it feels way overtuned. Maybe half a dozen times now, I've been in a situation where a bunch of side-quests come tumbling in one after the other at really inappropriate moments, even to the point where the dialogue for them is interfering with the dialogue for whatever you're currently doing - even to the point of there being a mini-cascade of them (i.e. you're engaged in dialogue for one quest, then another comes in, then another).

Looks like they learned the most important lesson from GTA4 then.

6d8ae2c0845496ae60595b5e051292ac.jpg

Curratum

At this point, I'm deeply convinced Steam reviews are manipulated.

The reviews on GOG are at 3.8/5, which would make roughly 76/100. On GOG, where the hardcore CDPR fanbase goes to shop.
The reviews on Steam are at 79/100. On Steam, where everyone whines about everything all the time, whether it's a legitimate issue or not.
No asterisk next to the score means that at least officially, steam has left the reviews alone so far.
Do you have that option enabled which lets you see the true score regardless of whether steam ignored reviews during a review bombing event (only ever for negative review bombing, never positive lol)?

No, I don't, can I enable this in the Steam client or do I need a browser extension for it?
In the client itself. In the upper right where your steam profile name is displayed (and your steam wallet balance), click on that and then on store preferences in the drop down menu. Then scroll down until you get to "review score settings" and set it to allow "off topic" review activity to affect the review score.

Kind of disturbing that even steam has the review manipulation bs...

DfoodC9.jpg

Seems like I was sufficiently outraged when they started filtering, found the setting and tweaked it, then forgot about it completely! :D

Keshik

Arcane
Minor thing, but I am baffled at their design of the in-car radio

What is wrong with it?

Just incredibly clunky to use, have to hold a button to bring up a menu while you drive in the background uncontrolled. Every other game I've played has made this function a lot more smoothly. Maybe CDPR is subtly warning about distracted driving ? :)

orcinator

Liturgist

like literally braindead

I too, think, that some elements are not great or good - but definitely they are not "Terrible" - that's a really big stretch to say something like that.
The grafix are good if you're not a consolefag or poor in general. The story isn't terrible by video game standards. But the rest? The shitty Fallout 4-esque shootouts or the cars that handle like shopping carts and are liable to go fucking nuts in a crash, the diablo loot and invincible lv 20 cholos? You'd be hard pressed to call those mediocre by any real standard.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Minor thing, but I am baffled at their design of the in-car radio

What is wrong with it?

Just incredibly clunky to use, have to hold a button to bring up a menu while you drive in the background uncontrolled. Every other game I've played has made this function a lot more smoothly. Maybe CDPR is subtly warning about distracted driving ? :)

The controls are a weird frankenstein mixture of controllershit and M/KB anyway.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
I'm about 15 hours in the game now and only still playing because I wasted money on this garbage :negative:

if it makes you feel better i spent money on the fucking collector's edition and i was thinking about this game at least once day ever since they announced in 2012. imagine how cucked i feel right now. :negative:
but then i remember there are bigger cucks out there who bought the very ugly official cyberpunk chair for 500$ or something and i feel like this again :positive:

8znjrx1onp461.png

was this posted already? nice QA cdpr!

my computer is quite old but it's still better than min reqs. the game is barely playable, everything to minimum it does 10, maybe 15 fps, and it doesn't look like something which should go that slow.
i tried, endured the pain, but every aspect of the tutorial i'm playing (because we live in the refund generation, the tutorial must make absolutely sure you see nothing of the real game before the two hours hit) has me either skeptical of having downright negative feelings toward it.
also: unlimited ammo.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
my computer is quite old but it's still better than min reqs. the game is barely playable, everything to minimum it does 10, maybe 15 fps, and it doesn't look like something which should go that slow.
i tried, endured the pain, but every aspect of the tutorial i'm playing (because we live in the refund generation, the tutorial must make absolutely sure you see nothing of the real game before the two hours hit) has me either skeptical of having downright negative feelings toward it.

I don't have performance issues, at least not INSIDE where the tutorials take place, but I feel the same.
The ammo is only unlimited in the beginning though.

Robber Baron

Savant

That's the cost of "free" Nvidia marketing

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Ran into a dozen invisible walls that were assets loading in. Had my car fly off into space. Had another car teleport into mine.
Just curious - how many hours have you played by now? I haven't had such an occurance in my 22 hours, though I doubt I've spent more than 1 hour of them driving.

I'm on the PS4 version remember. Probably around 25 hours or so, don't know if there's a way to check on console.

Lots of bugs. Probably two dozen (!) hard crashes/sequence breaks/quest bugged and had to reload. The final prologue mission took 8 reloads just to complete.

I don't drive unless I have to.

Surprisingly, I actually like the game, it's just hard to play at times.

I'm just going to put this game down and pick it back up when I get a PS5. The only good thing is that if you buy the PS4 digital version, you get it for PS5 too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom