Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Men or women, it doesn't matter

Yeah it doesn't matter at all - are you a women who get fucked by man with penis, or a man who get fucked by women with dildo. Does not matter.
For you.

Last edited:

IceyD

Scholar
I am more fascinated with anyone who expected more from this game lol. Can we grab lunch and discuss what excited you about the early footage?

Funposter

Arcane
speaking of NuDeus Ex and 77. I noticed that 77 is better at being NuDeusex than NuDeusEx. Simply because it is more systemic and less railoady. At least from my experience with NuDeuxExes it was obvious that there was always hacking and stealth roads.
Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are stealth-centric games. That's why the devs heavily incentivize it with big EXP rewards. Combat is better understood as a quasi failure state like in Metal Gear Solid.

Reinhardt

Arcane
and this is our son's screenshot folder, you see he is very into video games

EAfJ-cPXoAIRNZR.jpg

unironically the only two i took i photomode
Sideshave haircuts and tattoos are disgusting.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Here we have one instance of who the lead artist is, but ironically this is one of the aspects the game is most praised about.
Which to prise in it?
Every time I see characters in game - on pics that is - they all looks like a FAGGOTS.
Have you noticed that clothing in game is like that mostly?
Yeah, no agenda at all.

Rieser

Scholar
Can't believe I'm genuinely digging this shit. I wrote previously that I "enjoyed it so far", but it's only grown on me since then and may well end up being one of the better games this year. Above all it sets the tone damn near perfectly - or maybe I've just played too much BG 3 what with it's incessant fucking Marvel-tier dialogue. That being said, Cyberpunk has a multitude of issues. There's the crappy loot system I mentioned prevously. There's the skill tree where some skills are useful and interesting while the large majority are braindead, marginal percentage increases to whatever stat. There's the exceptionally silly AI. There's the general superfluity of dialogue choices. There's the lack of interactivity with the world. On it goes, but the writing (and accompanying VA), world building, visuals and general atmosphere of cruising Night City carries it for me. So far, anyway.

This is all considering that I've not experienced the buggy fucking mess others have been describing. On the contrary the game is running very well for me with none of the T-posing, dropping through the map, voice lines missing bullshit others are mentioning. I don't have a 3000 series card though and did have to drop ray-tracing (with RTX on I fucking dived to 30 fps when driving or when it rained; with RTX off it's never below 70, generally stable around 90).

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
The game director is a man.
Second director and head of production is a man.
The gameplay design directors are men.
The story director is a man.
The quest design director is a man.

Dude why THE FUCK do I need those directors? WHO MADE ACTUAL CONTENT FOR A GAME?
Do you remember that Tim Cane and Boyarsky BOTH WERE DIRECTORS TOO on AUTISTI WORLDS and we get SJW fest from it?
Do I need to post here a pic with combined ungliest faces in the Cucklifornia used for women NPC faces?
Is it Cane and Boyarsky who did this?
Thos directors you numbered mean nothing, because somewhere there, down the line are SJW fascist, waiting to push their agenda.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
This is all considering that I've not experienced the buggy fucking mess others have been describing. On the contrary the game is running very well for me with none of the T-posing, dropping through the map, voice lines missing bullshit others are mentioning. I don't have a 3000 series card though and did have to drop ray-tracing (with RTX on I fucking dived to 30 fps when driving or when it rained; with RTX off it's never below 70, generally stable around 90).
Game looks very good even without ray tracing.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
That being said, Cyberpunk has a multitude of issues. There's the crappy loot system I mentioned prevously. There's the skill tree where some skills are useful and interesting while the large majority are braindead, marginal percentage increases to whatever stat. There's the exceptionally silly AI. There's the general superfluity of dialogue choices. There's the lack of interactivity with the world. On it goes, but the writing (and accompanying VA), world building, visuals and general atmosphere of cruising Night City carries it for me. So far, anyway.

So pretty much a summary of Witcher 3? Great aesthetics/art direction, characters etc. But many of the mechanical game systems are a failure. I think once this game gets patched up and we get past the release day edgelord 'tall poppy' syndrome this game gonna get a No Mans Sky resurrection by media and general normie population.

Alexios

Augur
Patron
YEAH man they should have had the racing gameplay of forza, openworld ai of gta, level design of Deus ex and system shock, shooting as crisp as in cod and storytelling like in witcher 3 and the game should have been 40 dollars.

Actually they were developing it with multiple houses, cars modding and other stuff but they run out of time. No doubt they will add it later with expansions/online mode.
fuh2iavrqq461.jpg
Accurate if the top right panel depicts CDPR shareholders.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
after playing a couple more hours it honestly feels like a clunky eurojank far cry with long linear story sequences of you just walking somewhere slowly, listening to an npc talking and clunky implemented borderlands loot shooter combat. sometimes it tries to be a poor man's deus ex human revolution. the writing is slightly better than your average videogame but nothing to write home about. design wise night city is probably the best setting in a videogame ever. from a sheer aesthethics point of view it blows me even more away than something like rapture which also had a nice art direction (in that case it was more art deco ofc). best thing about the game is honestly just skipping time until night time and cruising through the city, i just wish the driving felt better.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
A lot of the side jobs and gigs have some pretty unique and well designed locations and situations. I think people are thrown off by how they're presented, i.e. a voice on a phone when you get close to a marker, rather than meeting a quest giver somewhere. I'm not defending this, it was a terrible decision to have everything outside the main story done this way (so far). It makes an open world checklist game feel even more like an open world checklist. That said, I can recognize when a side job sends me to a club with a unique interior that features an S&M dungeon and and texts between a snuff filmmaker and his girlfriend whining about disposing of his bodies. It's not just generic randomized crap. Unless they did a REALLY good job hiding it for 15 hours.

Also after all my bitching about stealth early on, now I can't imagine playing the game any other way. The enemies can be bullet-spongey, on hard mode at least, but when spec'd for stealth they die instantly. I dicked around with my assault rifle character a bit more and every battle is one of attrition where you shoot dudes like a dozen times, maybe 3-4 headshots if you land them. Meanwhile my stealth bitch just picks them off with one silenced revolver bullet. Of course the challenge in stealth comes from remaining in stealth, and with few points in "body" you go down VERY quickly. I enjoy that though, I always play glass canons because of how much I fucking hate bullet sponges. Even if you're not into stealth I bet you could spec similarly and focus on headshots and agility, dodging and using cover to avoid damage. With lots of points in reflexes your stamina bar becomes a non-issue.

The game isn't amazing, mainly because of its open world checklist design, but I'm having fun with it now.

orcinator

Liturgist
"Tech weapons don't autofire at max charge" + "Recover hp on hitting with a fully charged tech weapon" COMPLETELY revamped my playstyle with a tech shotgun. I am able to aggressively move from close cover to close blasting down enemies while not worrying as much about losses because I heal up on my shots, I still can get flanked and tempod and rushed by enemies while I'm reloading so it makes for a fun and powerful high risk high reward playstyle.
Stuff like "increased max tech charge" + "tech weapons recharge faster" is technically only numbers improvements but numbers do help you reach breaking points of timings that impact your playstyle. Static example of this is the pistol reload speed perk enabling me to get many more points in the shooting competition quest because of reduced down time, same thing applies to actual combat.
That sounds like it'll be super fun and interesting to use against a dude that randomly froze in the middle of combat.

user

Savant

Imagine sacrificing all those FPS and investing in something that, currently, makes the game look worse.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's ok but the weak part of the game again , at least its not a cover shooter ala gears of wars, but more life a classic like half life except the AI is not any better, no progress at all since this prehistoric era .They will stand behind cover and you can turn around them easily and slice them with a katana.

I don't get it. Why i am not experiencing any of this ? Right now i am on some scrapyard with leveled enemies playing as netrunner. Those guys don't fuck around, they straight up flank you and if you hide they search for you running after you.
AI isn't superb but it definitely tier above most of shooters let alone "shooter rpgs".

Stealth also much improved since early game as dudes cones of view are much better and they definitely can see you from far away and it is much harder to stealth your way around and break necks.

I mean look at this i recorded yesterday, you can clearly see how enemies moved up level up from ground and actively search for you also running for cover if they can, this is on hard btw (maybe ai package depends on def level ?):

You need to post something other than graphics to support your claims. btw, the cops just spawn when you commit a crime:

You mean like in every other open world game ? I mean the same thing happens in GTA. 77 "problem" is that spawning distance is pretty close compared to rest, mostly due to world being just dense not having "every road is highway" problem. Also i don't get why 77 should do what GTA does, mowing down 10s of peds and you get 1 star with response time of half a minute to minute sometimes not at all. Here seems to be design choice rather than some tech problem. They just decided mowing down peds in no go and you shouldn't even try it and if you respond to police you get in seconds second and third star and you are effectively fucked.

It reminds me "mafia is broken because you can get tickets for speeding" back in the day.

It's odd , if i stand in range with the rifle they behave decently but once you close they cant turn fast enough or even get stuck the game cannot handle it .So you use a netrunner so using hacks to distract and such are you even trying to get in melee , shotgun and blades ?

Perkel

Arcane
Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are stealth-centric games. That's why the devs heavily incentivize it with big EXP rewards. Combat is better understood as a quasi failure state like in Metal Gear Solid.

My issue with HR was that it provided you clearly hack route and stealth route every god damn time rather than playing on its systems. Good alternative to that model are Hitman games where you use systems rather than scripted routes or even first Deus Ex. 77 is more of a first Deus Ex than NuDE in that sense.

What i feared about 77 was that they would go with HR design of 3. shoot your way, hack your way and stealth your way for each there is scripted route for you. But from what i play this is much more systemic and more shall i say gameplay oriented much like MGS5 or Hitman.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
honestly i wish rockstar would just hire all the artists and sound guys from cdpr and make a gta in that setting. that would be the best game ever.

Mortmal

Arcane
He's right, getting 60-70 fps on ultra with a radeon 5700xt, look gorgeous and certainly better than consoles at least.

IceyD

Scholar
honestly i wish rockstar would just hire all the artists and sound guys from cdpr and make a gta in that setting. that would be the best game ever.

Tow the following cars to complete the mission. GOTY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom