Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Max Heap

Arcane
The Rare/Uncommon/LEGENDARY shit is just so... video-gamey. It should be "Civilian", "Police Spec" and "Mil Spec" like it might be in real life.

This is what happens when you learn game design as an academic degree instead of a practical profession.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So it's a world where you can just swap your sexy bits at will. Fair enough, sounds futuristic enough. But what are the implications? lol who cares, here's an ad with a dickgirl! Funny! Trannies angry, reeee!
Instead the game should be asking: How does society react to such a trend? Every society has social mores, even if the one in CP is deeply amoral. The setting makes a big deal out of cyberpsychosis - It's only logical that someone who regularly swaps their cock'n'balls for a vagina would develop serious issues then, no? What about high society, corpos? Is it totally acceptable for a CEO to front as a stronk wahmen one day and a Chad the next? Or would they require their employess to adhere to certain standards while at work, if only to make the company look professional? What about the really poor or outsiders like the nomads who can't get access to a tranny surgeon easily? Wouldn't nomads look down on such a practice as decadent?
Trannies would HATE this. The whole point of sjwism in media is "representation", trannies want to be present in popculture but presented as something normal and natural, not some part of a sci fi setting tries to portray how would society react to extreme body mods, how the culture around it would be different from now etc. It's just a woman with a penis, normal thing in the current year and also a normal thing in fictional 2077...and a normal thing in some medieval-inspired fantasy world etc.

Obviously, because trannyism is just a big LARP for the severely mentally ill, not a legitimate issue.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
AwesomeButton

My V.

Here she is in an elevator. I was fucking around with outfits and I thought this looked like stupid but neat enough to be a good fit for the city:

BsxoBKm.png

But I didn't really like the trousers that much and in general it was too silly of a look so I changed to this soon after

nqMr928.png

I used this red mask and boots for a long while because I really like both but haven't found anything that would fit perfectly with them so they were stashed for now tho I might upgrade them and return sometime in the future even tho I really like the most recent look.

4QxM334.png

t5xbA6F.png

The last one is probs the dumbest look ever but it's just so funny to me like random gangster being killed by someone in a cozy jumper and huge boots.

Yosharian

Arcane
For me the most glitched thing is Johnny Silverhand, he's always glitching into the wrong spot, that blue line effect doesn't cover his body properly, his lip sync doesn't match right...

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Well, look at this from this perspective - they will need to fix the game if they want to regain some of their consumer friendly cred back. At least now that it is out they can't remake it from the ground up again, and since they earned a lot they have the cash to work on it for the next two years.

Every single penny of that we going into the f****** multiplayer mode and you know it

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Well, look at this from this perspective - they will need to fix the game if they want to regain some of their consumer friendly cred back. At least now that it is out they can't remake it from the ground up again, and since they earned a lot they have the cash to work on it for the next two years.

Every single penny of that we going into the f****** multiplayer mode and you know it

I assume they want some of that GTA Online cash but if their MP version is as well made as the SP one... Oh boy.

Perkel

Arcane
The Rare/Uncommon/LEGENDARY shit is just so... video-gamey. It should be "Civilian", "Police Spec" and "Mil Spec" like it might be in real life.

It is basically industry standard at this point. All shooter looters do this.

No doubt about that. But considering systems it should be fun borderland/destiny like game with friends. I can see online easily being bigger than single player down the line. Assuming it will even work lol.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

It is basically industry standard at this point. All shooter looters do this.

No doubt about that. But considering systems it should be fun borderland/destiny like game with friends.

You mean Borderlands does it. There are no other relevant shlooters.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

I assume they want some of that GTA Online cash but if their MP version is as well made as the SP one... Oh boy.
Pretty much, if they try to release the multi-game before fixing the this game they might as well kiss their entire reputation goodbye.

MarxistPlato

Educated
Just now i looked into subreddit of cyberpunk, and damn, they are bitching how every easter egg feels cheap or bad. There was even a dude saying how Glados easter egg is shit - i don't know what are they on, but for me, it was a really cool surprise. They are either defending something to oblivion (TLOU 2) or they just shit on it endlessly.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Just now i looked into subreddit of cyberpunk, and damn, they are bitching how every easter egg feels cheap or bad. There was even a dude saying how Glados easter egg is shit - i don't know what are they on, but for me, it was a really cool surprise. They are either defending something to oblivion (TLOU 2) or they just shit on it endlessly.

A more intelligent game would have had more intelligent Easter eggs/references. Portal isn't exactly the first thing you think of when your "cyberpunk".

Perkel

Arcane

Yeah i saw that. Imho John Wick one is better because it is sublime rather than in your face.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus, higher tier items are ACTUALLY labelled with the word "legendary" in the game's menus and interface? :(
Being "a legend" is a thing in CP's language, so they probably thought it will fit :lol: But then you also have "iconic"... As I said previously, it's obvious they just combined whatever work can be done simultaneously on the multiplayer title and on the single player title into the same tasks for developers to work on. Typical corporate project management approach. It is sad to behold.

I think they will definetly work on fixing issues that would affect both the SP and MP Cyberpunk games, probably clean up assets, but on the whole they will be concentrating on the MP game apart from the obligatory expansions.

AwesomeButton

My V.

Here she is in an elevator. I was fucking around with outfits and I thought this looked like stupid but neat enough to be a good fit for the city:

BsxoBKm.png

But I didn't really like the trousers that much and in general it was too silly of a look so I changed to this soon after

nqMr928.png

I used this red mask and boots for a long while because I really like both but haven't found anything that would fit perfectly with them so they were stashed for now tho I might upgrade them and return sometime in the future even tho I really like the most recent look.

4QxM334.png

t5xbA6F.png

The last one is probs the dumbest look ever but it's just so funny to me like random gangster being killed by someone in a cozy jumper and huge boots.
Well, great style there. I'm just lvl 10, so mine looks much more generic, also less cybered-up. Did the shops update with higher tier clothes as you progressed, or did you loot most of this gear?

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Well, great style there. I'm just lvl 10, so mine looks much more generic, also less cybered-up. Did the shops update with higher tier clothes as you progressed, or did you loot most of this gear?
They upgrade based on your street level. In the stats screen (menu > character > stats) you see a detailed breakdown of when street level upgrades stuff.

Tho I think most of it has been looted or crafted.

user

Savant
and besides DLSS that sometimes makes the performance of this limited RT viable (while also blurring everything),

Have you tried "quality" DLSS in Cyberpunk? I hated it in Control (yes even 2.0) but in Cyberpunk I think it looks quite nice. Control looked pasty and overly sharpened to me, but Cyberpunk looks crisp and detailed without looking overly processed. Maybe it's because Control had some weird background resolution chicanery going on already.

From what I've seen so far in my own game DLSS is not noticeable for me either to be honest, but can't decide whether I like RT in cyberpunk altogether because of the lighting, especially for interiors. I can't help but sometimes feel RT is a downgrade, at least compared to what I like to see.

MarxistPlato

Educated

A more intelligent game would have had more intelligent Easter eggs/references. Portal isn't exactly the first thing you think of when your "cyberpunk".

Probably just a personal taste, but for me, these easter eggs are still good. I mean, Fallout 2 was criticized for similar thing, but i didn't mind at all - no damage to my immersion was done, it's still a game and not DayZ. It's not like they slap your face with entire sequences of quests named "MATRIX" "JOHN WICK" "BARBIE" "MINECRAFT "PORTAL" where you are doing them with crew of matrix etc. - that would be bad.

Readher

Savant
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/cyberpunk-2077-benchmark-test-performance/5.html
Who is the John Carmack here who still says that the game is unoptimized: 6GB Vram at 1440p, ~7.5 at 4K:

View attachment 16701
Unless the game has in-game tool measuring the VRAM usage, such benchmarks are pointless as GPUs will allocate more VRAM than they actually need at all times (and that inflated amount is what tools like MSI Afterburner will show). Windows works similar with regular RAM (at least W10 does).

MarxistPlato

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom