Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Ya2-Gp-Ju4-H1.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
That's actually not bad, you picked the one feathery long hair style the game has I presume?

Yeah, what surprised me is that a lot of head gear takes into account what hairstyle you chose and adjust it. Good deal of those headpiecies does change hair for different one..

Traffic and peds amount heavily depends on part of city and hour. And game looks fucking nuts:

btw youtube fucking sucks. I recorded it and it doesn't even look half good as in game due to compresion and how blacks get fucked up. Pretty much the only way to get it right is to play game at 4k and upload it so that 1080p will rook right.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
btw youtube fucking sucks. I recorded it and it doesn't even look half good as in game due to compresion and how blacks get fucked up. Pretty much the only way to get it right is to play game at 4k and upload it so that 1080p will rook right.

And it looks fucking great in the video, if ingame it looks even better, that is one hell of a great looking game.

Curratum

That's actually not bad, you picked the one feathery long hair style the game has I presume?

Yeah, what surprised me is that a lot of head gear takes into account what hairstyle you chose and adjust it. Good deal of those headpiecies does change hair for different one..

Traffic and peds amount heavily depends on part of city and hour. And game looks fucking nuts:

God, the flares, reflections and flashes off glass and metal are SO FUCKING ANNOYING...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From the same review:
The artists did fantastic work and achieved great things when it comes to lighting. While playing the game, I often thought "wow, how does this look with RT off?" and vice versa. In several cases, I found the non-RT lighting better even though I realized it wasn't as physically accurate as the raytraced version.
Based on what screenshot comparisons I've seen, I can agree.

Perkel

Arcane
And it looks fucking great in the video, if ingame it looks even better, that is one hell of a great looking game.

Uploading to mega native video to share. Youtube looks like garbage. I wish i had strong enough PC to run it at 4k because clearly 1080p doesn't give game justice. Honestly i am completely flagbastered when it comes to graphics. I expected it to look good but not this crazy good. Moreover all surrounding areas of city are also fucking amazing and feel like someone scoured every nook and cranny to absolutely make sure game looks great from every angle. Oil rigs, scrapyards, badlands look tier above anything else on market.

edit:

here it is
native video without shitty youtube compression

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron

That eye contact
2:17
Cute

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I've also disabled RT completely now and set all the rasterized stuff to max/ultra/psycho.

Runs at like twice the fps with no drops now and honestly doesn't look worse generally. Reflections are fake, I guess, but RT gives you wacky overly accurate reflections at times and strange lighting issues.

Think I'll keep the settings like this. RT ain't really worth it.

Created a new char as well, this time I'm sticking with reflex-based weapons entirely (assault, sniper, katana/mantis blades). So far it's been mostly easy. I'm not as tanky as a high body char, but oh well.
With the augment which slows down time on discovery (and the one which slows it on low health) I'm just running up to gangs with my sword and beheading the entire lot before the slowmo runs out, lol.
Also have a hammer just in case I need non-lethal on a high HP enemy like the cyberpsychos.

This time I'm sticking with found legendaries which I just upgrade, for the most part. Same for the clothes. The more mod slots the better. Just perpetually short on legendary crafting mats.

It's much more fun than my previous shotgun/lmg playthrough, but also very, very easy on max difficulty in comparison.

Mintbarbecue

Novice

God, the flares, reflections and flashes off glass and metal are SO FUCKING ANNOYING...

That's one of the things I didn't like even in the beginning of the nvidia proprietary crap.
Remember seeing a picture from some game that used those mirror effects every surface available, it looked so unnatural.
I wondered when was tha last time I saw my reflection on the street or in muddy puddles.

Naraya

Arcane
Maybe a stupid question but here goes: how can I make sure RTX works? I'm playing on GF Now Founders which is supposed to have RTX (it's on in the Graphic settings) but I just... don't see it? Maybe I don't know what to look for, is there an easy way to verify?

Thanks.

Perkel

Arcane
Also i know i am broken record but i can't stress enough how you constantly are scrapped for cash and everything is fucking expensive. 35 hours in and i didn't even change my car because i don't want to spend 20-30k on car as it is very expensive.
Good implants go for 30-80k, good mods similar.

And i estimate that in about 30 hours i earned more or less 100k

They went back to TW1 hobo days lol

Perkel

Arcane
Maybe a stupid question but here goes: how can I make sure RTX works? I'm playing on GF Now Founders which is supposed to have RTX (it's on in the Graphic settings) but I just... don't see it? Is there an easy way to verify?

Thanks.

Walk to some windows on street and see reflections if you can't see anything you are not playing with RT if you can you play with RT. But yes, game looks amazing with RT and RT doesn't really add that much.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Also i know i am broken record but i can't stress enough how you constantly are scrapped for cash and everything is fucking expensive. 35 hours in and i didn't even change my car because i don't want to spend 20-30k on car as it is very expensive.
Good implants go for 30-80k, good mods similar.

And i estimate that in about 30 hours i earned more or less 100k

They went back to TW1 hobo days lol
That is incline cash should be spare, I had to do like 3 gigs and some other stuff to repay that 21k debt I had with Victor, cyberware is also expensive from what I seen, anyway I played like 15h of the game and still didnt even do the meeting with Evelyn.

kreight

With all the crazy system requirements and visual glamour this game still doesnt have proper cloth physics. Coats are glued to legs and bend like trousers. This shit has come a long way. Some obiwankenobi from Star wars the old republic had this kind of shit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Oh no the mantis blades have this super long canned kill animation if you run+chargeattack (leap) into someone, and even on the heavy attack. Fuck me. You can still be shot throughout the entire animation.
Sword also has one long kill anim that sometimes plays, but it's not this bad.

What were they thinking...

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Oh no the mantis blades have this super long canned kill animation if you run+chargeattack (leap) into someone, and even on the heavy attack. Fuck me. You can still be shot throughout the entire animation.
Sword also has one long kill anim that sometimes plays, but it's not this bad.

What were they thinking...

Game needs another 6 years in the making!

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Well, half a year or maybe a full year might have helped a great deal tbf.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom