Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Oh no the mantis blades have this super long canned kill animation if you run+chargeattack (leap) into someone, and even on the heavy attack. Fuck me. You can still be shot throughout the entire animation.
Sword also has one long kill anim that sometimes plays, but it's not this bad.

What were they thinking...

This are small fries whoever came up with this should be fired and banned from ever developing any software like wtf did they think nobody would notice? Did they test this shit? Who thought this was a good idea? The first thing I did was shoot some randoms and this is what happened they should hire me as their qa tester. Cant they spawn them a much further away and make ai pathfind to player location? I will not even talk about lack of ai police vehicles they have themselves to blame for this backlash they marketed to gta tards and should have known that gta tards will expect at least a police system that was done in gta fucking 1 or looking at europoor developers mafia 1 even fucking mafia 1 had cops in vehicles and non scripted police chases this is rudimentary stuff as much as im enjoying the game this is peak retard game design but I wouldnt expect anything else from cdpr they have great art and writing teams but their game designers are either retarted or they are saboteurs. They literally dont know what emergent gameplay means all they understand is scripted sequences but this shit doesn't suit open world at all, open world is pointless and the game would be better as a hub based expierience that would save money on developing and testing this large map but open worlds sell so they are going to make open world....

RANT OVER

Last edited:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Same here. It seems like most of the bugs come from old gen console versions. I am yet to find single actual gameplay bug and the only bugs i had are just visual glitches mostly in animation in cutscenes. Moreover most of those were at start of the game weirdly, the more i play the less i see them.
And same here. 26 hrs of plaiying and the only glitches I can think of are one T-pose in Lizzy's Bar, and one of the Delamain cars which would disappear and respawn a couple of blocks away if pressed in a very tight space, where its pathfinding can't get it out of - this is actually preventing the quest from getting stuck.

I fail to see how this game is "SJW".
Also true. The screeching paranoid primadonnas here are not worth responding to. The easiest test - if the game was indeed SJW some character like Takamura would have been female and/or black. I haven't seen the typical signs of SJW tropes for now, and unlike the agitprop sections of both camps, I'm not brain damaged enough to be unable to read critically.

I had been driving around in the game for quite a while today, because I did all the "Epistrophy" missions, those with the wayward Delamain cabs, one after the other. It was really nice to see that all of the 7 missions played out a bit differently. It was also a fun way to see much of the whole town, including several areas where I hadn't been so far at all.

At least I now got a bit of driving practice. It has been a while since I've played a game with that style of driving. Driving around with Jackie's former motorcycle makes it also easier. I prefer driving during the night, as vision is usually better (the sun glare in this game is sometimes really overdone) and traffic isn't that dense. The motorcycle makes driving between cars and on the sidewalks more viable, as there often isn't much space on the roads.

I see all these videos about weird piles of vehicles or spinning or flying cars, but I haven't really encountered anything like that. The AI is certainly not the most flexible, but it's serviceable. I'd assume that this behavior should depend on your CPU, and as my i5 2500k is below minimum specs, I expected more issues, but there aren't any for me. I wonder what happens in those cases where you have that many bugs as in those videos you find everywhere.
I did the same missions yesterday, and was also pleased with the uncertainty that each mission carried. I thought it would be a silly fetch quest, but it was better than that, a bit of a tour of the city.

The real issue is the overall handling of the setting. I've skimmed through the CP wiki and even a cursory glance shows you just how much they either didn't implement or plain got wrong or didn't think through. THAT is the real reason the game doesn't feel right. Especially in direct comparison to the Witcher series.
I agree, but as Mefi said, the setting itself isn't anything that genius, especially from the point of view of the present day. I was unimpressed with what I read from the RPG books, but I was hoping CDPR will have managed to outdo the source material in the same way in which they outdid Sapkowski. So far I can't say that they have or haven't. I did the "Happy together" quest and it felt more like a parody of a Witcher 3 quest.

I'm going to offer mitigation for that because Cyberpunk 2020 is a superficial take on cyberpunk and staying true to that is what gets you the nonsense conversations with Dex and Jackie about glory followed by an investigation into sex slavery and snuff movies as a tick box exercise straight after. Fully agree with your take and on how poor it is. It's 'how cool would it be to have Keanu Reeves in your head? Very cool or so cool you'd explode?'. So you've got a very superficial setting by design and choice, not Gibson asking where the boundaries of reality are, and who is policing them, nor even Dick playing about with the idea of 'can you tell a disabled person from a robot well enough not to shoot both?'.
I agree with you. It's something similar I've felt in RDR2 to a lesser extent - the tone of the game while in the open world activities and side missions ranges far from the tone of the game while in main story missions. Again I'll repeat that this game would have been better off hub-based. More consistent tone and easier worldbuilding would have been another two positives, in addition to all the technical ones.

anyone notice the retarded popin tessellation yet?
I am convinced that with 1.04 they increased pop-in as a stopgap measure to make the game more bearable for old hardware. I can't say if this was needed on PC specifically, but they are the ones with the telemetry data, so I guess they can tell better than me.
why not an option even as an ini file?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
vBYw4Zx.jpg

:what:

Perkel

Arcane
With all the crazy system requirements and visual glamour this game still doesnt have proper cloth physics. Coats are glued to legs and bend like trousers. This shit has come a long way. Some obiwankenobi from Star wars the old republic had this kind of shit.

there are proper physics but mostly for story nps. For example Evelyn coat has physics.
If they would enable it for rest of pops then this game would be running 10fps on my rig instead 40-50

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I stupidly spent 12 hours fucking around before I got to the game's Title screen, lol. I didn't realize that the whole premise of the entire game doesn't happen until, like, 5 or 6 missions in. So I was like level 12 by the time I got there. I also haven't been paying attention to pre-release stuff, so I genuinely had no idea how Keanu Reeves' character would be worked into the story until I saw it.

Anyhow, I don't think I gave this game a fair shake, based on that. The writing is really good for the main missions, and I'm even starting to enjoy the side, open world, missions, especially the ones where you hunt the cyber-things (forget their names).

Its biggest weaknesses are still that (1) it's too easy, (2) its upgrades and implants are dull, and (3) the open world can be dull/wonky at times, but I think 1 and 3, at least, could be ironed out.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a very well done, on rails, set-piece, but the entire heist sequence, leading into the reveal of Keanue Reeves' character, and everything after, was brilliantly done. Like, I actually stayed up 2 hours to complete it, I shut off my own music and turned on the game's music to listen to it, and I didn't fast forward through any of the dialog like I do with 90% of all games. The last time that happened with me with a video game was Witcher 3.

Its biggest flaw was, obviously, that it was on rails and there was zero player choice involved. But, whatever. Enough of the missions do have different ways of approaching things that I don't mind terribly if there are on rails story sequences as long as they are good, and that was among the best on rails sequences I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
Playing in 50% resolution half the time reminds me of watching a Blade Runner VHS "copy of a copy" I had long ago
Now this is a proper mental gymnastics nostalgia

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Reflections are fake, I guess, but RT gives you wacky overly accurate reflections at times and strange lighting issues.
Reflections from puddles which reflect perfectly like mirrors bother me.

I'm pretty sure these things are exposed in config files same as for Witcher 3. I just don't see a point in bumping them and playing around before the game is further patched, in case more performance can be squeezed out.

If you sift through the "beautiful female V" presets and the "photorealistic reshade" shit, there are some useful QoL and perofrmance tweak mods:
Better controls menu: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/102
Disable dodge key - optional reassign: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/99
Remove Anti-aliasing: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/88
TAA disabler patch (stop AA from the graphics options): https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/70
Single tap dodge, walk toggle, E to interact: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/60
Slow walk, slow drive, dedicated dodge key:https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/54
Dedicated dodge, E to interact, V to Walk, dialogue scrolling: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30
More interface options, extended values past the maximum: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/23

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Also i know i am broken record but i can't stress enough how you constantly are scrapped for cash and everything is fucking expensive. 35 hours in and i didn't even change my car because i don't want to spend 20-30k on car as it is very expensive.
Good implants go for 30-80k, good mods similar.

And i estimate that in about 30 hours i earned more or less 100k

They went back to TW1 hobo days lol
Do bandit camps

orcinator

Liturgist
Also i know i am broken record but i can't stress enough how you constantly are scrapped for cash and everything is fucking expensive. 35 hours in and i didn't even change my car because i don't want to spend 20-30k on car as it is very expensive.
Good implants go for 30-80k, good mods similar.

And i estimate that in about 30 hours i earned more or less 100k

They went back to TW1 hobo days lol
That is incline cash should be spare, I had to do like 3 gigs and some other stuff to repay that 21k debt I had with Victor, cyberware is also expensive from what I seen, anyway I played like 15h of the game and still didnt even do the meeting with Evelyn.

The resources that matter, ammo and health inhalers are so incredibly cheap and plentiful they might as well be infinite, the other stuff is just there so you have something to spend all the money you get from all those radiant robberies on; some of it is actually cool like the double jump (I just used cheat engine to get it early) some gives you a stat boost like bonus health or armor (WHAT THE FUCK DOES 1 LESS DPS PER 10 POINTS OF ARMOR ACTUALLY MEAN?), and if you're feeling masochistic you can waste half your cash on a gun that will be outdated in 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway Im going to make prediction for qouting in the future when they start to fix this game: Police system wont be overhauled and they wont add police vehicles and chases and wont overhaul driving ai why? The idiot designers at cdpr dont see anything wrong with it they think this is perfectly acceptable open world is just a loading screen you traverse when going from mission spot to mission spot. Just look at witcher 3 you can loot houses in front of the inhabitants and they wont say a thing fucking gothic 1 had npcs reacting to you being in their homes or stealing their shit but the game designers at cdpr dont care its perfectly acceptable for them. Im really glad they are getting some backlash for this because maybe they unfuck themselves for further games but I dont keep my hopes up, anyway its funny how most of the criticism directed at cyberpunk open world can be directed at witcher 3 too yet that game has 9,4 user score while this gets 6,6. Those tard game designers seriously piss me off because both witcher 3 and cyberpunk could be much better games with proper systems in place narrative and art is there but the fucking game design is stuck in retardoland they should seriously purge the whole department if they wanted to copy gta should have copied its systems first.

kreight

Id say grey and green inhalers and grenades are cheap and plentiful. The blue ones are indeed rare and more expensive.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
By the way, VtMB had better cops than this.
At least they didnt spawn out of thin air seriously how the fuck did they think nobody would notice this? I noticed after 1h of playing the game if this is the best they can do in terms of police system better cut it out entirely and dont let the player shoot randoms problem solved.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Reflections are fake, I guess, but RT gives you wacky overly accurate reflections at times and strange lighting issues.
Reflections from puddles which reflect perfectly like mirrors bother me.

I'm pretty sure these things are exposed in config files same as for Witcher 3. I just don't see a point in bumping them and playing around before the game is further patched, in case more performance can be squeezed out.

If you sift through the "beautiful female V" presets and the "photorealistic reshade" shit, there are some useful QoL and perofrmance tweak mods:
Better controls menu: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/102
Disable dodge key - optional reassign: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/99
Remove Anti-aliasing: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/88
TAA disabler patch (stop AA from the graphics options): https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/70
Single tap dodge, walk toggle, E to interact: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/60
Slow walk, slow drive, dedicated dodge key:https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/54
Dedicated dodge, E to interact, V to Walk, dialogue scrolling: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/30
More interface options, extended values past the maximum: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/23
Its clear they rushed this game out, just like the witcher 3 to not have a fucking walk button in a game you claim is immersive... the first I looked was walk toggle because the default speed is too fast for immershun yet found nothing...

:mixedemotions:

Gerrard

Arcane
Since this game is supposed to be in the same timeline as 2020, is there not a significant lack of technological advancement made in those 57 years?

orcinator

Liturgist
Id say grey and green inhalers and grenades are cheap and plentiful. The blue ones are indeed rare and more expensive.
A cool trick you can do is pressing X or the middle mouse button multiple times and then it doesn't matter what you're using.

"it doesn't matter what you're using" is my main gripe with the game, the core gameplay is just so dull and forgiving you never have to think about anything. Randomly generated build? Shoot things to win. Build with actual synergies? Shoot things to win faster, maybe you can hack them or something and the extra stuns can improve your speedrun time.

feature update:
A tech rifle can't fire while aiming
Kids despawn when you enter a car

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom