Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I tried doing a boxing mission where you fight two bodies sharing a single mind. It was really frustrating because when they attack they lock on to you and can turn in midair during an attack if you dodge. The melee fights definitely suck. I also find it annoying that the hottest available girl for a romance is a dyke and can't be banged as a male V.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I tried doing a boxing mission where you fight two bodies sharing a single mind. It was really frustrating because when they attack they lock on to you and can turn in midair during an attack if you dodge. The melee fights definitely suck. I also find it annoying that the hottest available girl for a romance is a dyke and can't be banged as a male V.
Hey, the straight romance with Panam bugged out on me and I couldn't finish the mission with the tower, so the only one left for me is gay investigator romance.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Hey, the straight romance with Panam bugged out on me and I couldn't finish the mission with the tower, so the only one left for me is gay investigator romance.
Cucked by dvd project blue.

0algt2biozu41.png

OctavianRomulus

Learned
They knew they had a shit game but continued to escalate the hype. How is that consumer friendly? The AI and Stealth in this game is just pants-on-the head fucking retarded. Human Revolution, a game from 10 years ago blows this out of the water.

9z3r89muzu461.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
From what I've seen so far in my own game DLSS is not noticeable for me either to be honest, but can't decide whether I like RT in cyberpunk altogether because of the lighting, especially for interiors. I can't help but sometimes feel RT is a downgrade, at least compared to what I like to see.

I'm using DLSS quality with "ultra" settings without RT. There's no way to get a locked 60fps on a 2070 with RT on, unless you use an ungodly low resolution. With quality DLSS, I get 60fps on normal ultra settings and the game looks amazing.

Jackpot

Learned
Why are there so many cars you can buy/be given?
Even if there weren't so many fast-travel checkpoints that cars are basically useless, I just don't see the need for this many driving options in a game that driving plays such a small part in.

Perkel

Arcane
From the same review:
The artists did fantastic work and achieved great things when it comes to lighting. While playing the game, I often thought "wow, how does this look with RT off?" and vice versa. In several cases, I found the non-RT lighting better even though I realized it wasn't as physically accurate as the raytraced version.
Based on what screenshot comparisons I've seen, I can agree.

Yup, their Global Illumination used for indoors is excellent and much better than real time GI from vastly cut down version of RT they used offline. Even outsides have that but they use several for same places according to time of day.

I am more impressed by their screen space reflections. Usually those look horrid due to cutoff but somehow they made it work here. I think FOV is much greater for special effects than what you can actually see.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Trying to play stealthy in this game is like trying to break the game. I feel like some kind of speed runner looking for out of bounds or any% tricks. I have never seen a more retarded, badly done, badly designed stealth system than in this one. Combined with the bugs, this gets to inhumane levels.
CDPR people clearly never made nor played other games outside of action ones and it fucking shows. Remaining undetected for a minute or so feels weird, like I shouldn't be able to do this unspeakable thing. It feels like actively fighting the game. I should just switch to shooter mode and have fun or even better, uninstall. DXMD absolutely shreds this retarded game in every imaginable way.
The amount of freedom you have in climbing and finding your own approach is crazy. Much better than Deus Ex, more like Dishonored. Git gud at stealth man, I'm good at it and I'm having loads of fun.

tldr the game is good but the retards who swallowed everything they've been fed feel betrayed, because the advertisement made the game look better (what a fucking surprise I've never seen misleading adverts before)
Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves where this game would feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.

They knew they had a shit game but continued to escalate the hype. How is that consumer friendly? The AI and Stealth in this game is just pants-on-the head fucking retarded. Human Revolution, a game from 10 years ago blows this out of the water.

9z3r89muzu461.jpg
No dude, they should have told people to not buy their game because it's shitty. :lol:

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
From the same review:
The artists did fantastic work and achieved great things when it comes to lighting. While playing the game, I often thought "wow, how does this look with RT off?" and vice versa. In several cases, I found the non-RT lighting better even though I realized it wasn't as physically accurate as the raytraced version.

Yup, their Global Illumination used for indoors is excellent and much better than real time GI from vastly cut down version of RT they used offline. Even outsides have that but they use several for same places according to time of day.

I am more impressed by their screen space reflections. Usually those look horrid due to cutoff but somehow they made it work here. I think FOV is much greater for special effects than what you can actually see.
What do you use for recording? I want to make a couple of videos to show off "bad stealth". Kids need to watch a video to learn how to play...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Why are there so many cars you can buy/be given?
Even if there weren't so many fast-travel checkpoints that cars are basically useless, I just don't see the need for this many driving options in a game that driving plays such a small part in.

If the driving is good, people would be excited about cars. But it isn't, so they aren't.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
If the driving is good, people would be excited about cars. But it isn't, so they aren't.
Driving is fine but its boring because there is no emergement gameplay you wont have corpos or cops chasing you in cars or helicopters because there is no ai for that :lol:

OctavianRomulus

Learned
Trying to play stealthy in this game is like trying to break the game. I feel like some kind of speed runner looking for out of bounds or any% tricks. I have never seen a more retarded, badly done, badly designed stealth system than in this one. Combined with the bugs, this gets to inhumane levels.
CDPR people clearly never made nor played other games outside of action ones and it fucking shows. Remaining undetected for a minute or so feels weird, like I shouldn't be able to do this unspeakable thing. It feels like actively fighting the game. I should just switch to shooter mode and have fun or even better, uninstall. DXMD absolutely shreds this retarded game in every imaginable way.
The amount of freedom you have in climbing and finding your own approach is crazy. Much better than Deus Ex, more like Dishonored. Git gud at stealth man, I'm good at it and I'm having loads of fun.

tldr the game is good but the retards who swallowed everything they've been fed feel betrayed, because the advertisement made the game look better (what a fucking surprise I've never seen misleading adverts before)
Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves that this game will feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.

9z3r89muzu461.jpg
No dude, they should have told people to not buy their game because it's shitty. :lol:

No dude, they should have been more humble about their game if this is what they delivered. They knew the state of their game, WE did not but we trusted them because CDPR.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
From the same review:

Cars have it even on the lowest settings IIRC. Compared to Watch Dogs: Legion, that doesn't even have it on Medium. Butthurt cucks hating this GOTY are literally on the same level as fucking trannies LMAO.

PNqJ3iR.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom