Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

They knew they had a shit game but continued to escalate the hype. How is that consumer friendly? The AI and Stealth in this game is just pants-on-the head fucking retarded. Human Revolution, a game from 10 years ago blows this out of the water.

this game has no AI at all, the graphics and the setting are only thing keeping the "immersion" in Cyberpunk 2077.

Kinda funny, because most of the people who are "enjoying" Cyberpunk 2077 only talks about the visuals and atmosphere, but nothing about the gameplay.

Shallow game.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Driving is fine but its boring because there is no emergement gameplay you wont have corpos or cops chasing you in cars or helicopters because there is no ai for that :lol:

The car is just the horse from Witcher 3, and just like that horse I barely use it because usually the fast travel and sprinting combo is just as fast.

wyes gull

Savant
I also find it annoying that the hottest available girl for a romance is a dyke and can't be banged as a male V.
Now wait a minute. Not that I give a shit about videogame romances but in a game where you can be a dude, a dude with tits, a dude that thinks he's a chick, a chick, a chick with pecks and a chick that thinks she's a dude- how exactly does it determine who the dyke will or won't bang? And more importantly, where is all the relevant twitter drama? Just wondering.

Popcorn, please. Make it a large one.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
40 4 man raid on the new Arasaka Tokyo Tower, only 9,99!
See a 40 man raid on a cyber dungeon would be fun and fresh but I dont believe their engine can handle this.

>40

Anyone who thinks a 40 man run on a corpo tower would be a good idea doesnt want a cyberpunk game. Mind you we arent getting "exec gets you through the doors, solo wastes the guards, runner breaks the ice from the van while techie does quick patches on wounds" either. I expect Destiny shit - shoot waves of enemies while i hack the door, shoot waves of enemies while i break the ice, shoot waves of enemies while I steal the chip...each of these will be infinitely more violent and have a high body count than the relic heist and youll get 50 eddies because investors need you to buy in game money and cyber cards and data sticks and cosmetics up the ass. Incline, dare i say

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
They knew they had a shit game but continued to escalate the hype. How is that consumer friendly? The AI and Stealth in this game is just pants-on-the head fucking retarded. Human Revolution, a game from 10 years ago blows this out of the water.

this game has no AI at all, the graphics are only thing keeping the "immersion" in Cyberpunk 2077.

Kinda funny, because most of the people who are "enjoying" Cyberpunk 2077 only talks about the visuals and atmosphere, but nothing about the gameplay.

Shallow game.

I like it!

I have 279 hours in Dragon Age Inquisition, 195 hours in PoE and 70 hours in the last 3 asscreeds. I have no taste.

Druid Ardun

Trying to play stealthy in this game is like trying to break the game. I feel like some kind of speed runner looking for out of bounds or any% tricks. I have never seen a more retarded, badly done, badly designed stealth system than in this one. Combined with the bugs, this gets to inhumane levels.
CDPR people clearly never made nor played other games outside of action ones and it fucking shows. Remaining undetected for a minute or so feels weird, like I shouldn't be able to do this unspeakable thing. It feels like actively fighting the game. I should just switch to shooter mode and have fun or even better, uninstall. DXMD absolutely shreds this retarded game in every imaginable way.
The amount of freedom you have in climbing and finding your own approach is crazy. Much better than Deus Ex, more like Dishonored. Git gud at stealth man, I'm good at it and I'm having loads of fun.

tldr the game is good but the retards who swallowed everything they've been fed feel betrayed, because the advertisement made the game look better (what a fucking surprise I've never seen misleading adverts before)
Like I said earlier the people who made up a fantasy world for themselves that this game will feature the best of three other games (Deus Ex, GTA, Witcher 3) while the developers were denying it all the fucking time, at every opportunity, are the same people who will simp for a girl who said "Hi!" to them once.

9z3r89muzu461.jpg
No dude, they should have told people to not buy their game because it's shitty. :lol:

No dude, they should have been more humble about their game if this is what they delivered. They knew the state of their game, WE did not but we trusted them because CDPR.

Who are "they" though? Certainly not the devs. The devs for sure wouldn't release the game as it is now. You can be angry at the false presentation of the game, but as it stands it is a good game and will be really good when they fix it and add content into it. People can bitch about adding cut content all they want, but the dev who made the content wasn't the one behind the decision. Releasing a buggy unpolished game isn't the nicest decision, but at least they will let the devs fix it and add in content that was meant to be there from the start.

The storyfagg aspect of the game is good and thats the core of the game really.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Trying to play stealthy in this game is like trying to break the game. I feel like some kind of speed runner looking for out of bounds or any% tricks. I have never seen a more retarded, badly done, badly designed stealth system than in this one. Combined with the bugs, this gets to inhumane levels.
CDPR people clearly never made nor played other games outside of action ones and it fucking shows. Remaining undetected for a minute or so feels weird, like I shouldn't be able to do this unspeakable thing. It feels like actively fighting the game. I should just switch to shooter mode and have fun or even better, uninstall. DXMD absolutely shreds this retarded game in every imaginable way.
The amount of freedom you have in climbing and finding your own approach is crazy. Much better than Deus Ex, more like Dishonored. Git gud at stealth man, I'm good at it and I'm having loads of fun.
No you don't. You think this is my first game of this type? And please don't put DX and Dishonored in the same sentence with Cyberpunk. The mantling mechanic is good and you can indeed grab on a multitude of ledges. Freedom to find your own way into a place? Not that many. There are some seriously linear quests out there. Also, about finding your own way? Funny. In one quest I wanted to go the upper floor of a building and I noticed a hole in the floor that I maybe could have gone through (if I could move and place boxes on top of one another like in DX and Thief for example, but you can't) and the only other way was either from outside (climbing on some very conviniently placed crates), or up the only staircase that was watched by a guy. I went up the stairs after I blinded the guy (with the robotic reboot thingy).
The mantling, moving of boxes and crates (in DX) and the rope arrows (in Thief) put to shame anything in this game when it comes to "finding your own way". But you know what? Those devs maybe should have fucking played those games before deciding to make a similar one. But nah, all they probably play is Doom.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Finished Act 1,It is obvious CDPR never made a FPS game on their lives, what is puzzling is: did anyone play this game before the release? Very hard is almost unplayable if you want decent combat gameplay, you will need to go with blades or stealth, assault rifles, smgs, shotguns, pistols, are all terrible to use because of the hp spongyness that get to ridiculous levels. Didnt anyone play this game before release to see that any difficulty above normal is busted? I mean, on very hard, if you dont go for stealth or blades, the combat is so clunky that is unbearable. Generic mooks can take three shotgun blasts to the chest, can take multiple grenade explosions and two to three clips of SMG and assault rifle fire to the head.

I mean, everyone on their team never played a fps game? I mean, people shit on Borderlands but no Borderlands game has awful combat as this one. I mean, I did the heist mission, I have my stealth build based on headshoting with revolvers (one of the few ways to keep sane and withstand the combat as you can pretty much one shot dudes from stealth), so CDPR had the brillant idea of not allowing you to use your own guns and just give you some shitty peashooter SMG for the whole level. It took 3 entire clips of headshots to drop a regular enemy. The only reason I kept my sanity was by avoiding combat and taking down everyone stealthly. The incompetence here is astounding, if the game was just a technical mess, but there are whole gameplay designs that just dont work. Also, your character movement feels like you are steering a sack of potatoes that get stuck everywhere, WTF.

I mean, pretty much ALL other popamole shooters on the market came to the conclusion that unrestricted HP sponginess is a bad idea because it fucks a shooter so bad. What is worse is that the HP sponginess dont make the enemies harder as they are mostly passive keeping distance and with exception of the melee ones (that, by the way, have a very rudimentary Ai, on many other shooters, melee enemies tend to dodge alot and dont just charge on a straight line directly on your gun), they just stand there with some potshots at you.

It would be so easy to make this combat much better, it isnt a question of technical issues but retarded decisions after retarded decisions, most enemies should die to a single headshot but keeping moving all the time to make that hard, the generic mooks should be agressive, moving all the time and advancing at your position to surround you (like it is on pretty much 99% of popamole FPS). You should restrict those levels of sponginess to special augmented enemies that should be like mini bosses, each one with its own abilities. If they want this to be a looter shooter (and by the way, this game sucks as a looter shooter too). Imagine you are facing a corp hit team, two are dangerous augmented minibosses while the rest of the mooks applied pressure on youwith grenades and by flanking so you expose yourself to the minibosses (this is what pretty much most AAA popamole games do). It would be cool, you hacking the minibosses to keep them away from the fight while at same time having to deal with the mooks but instead CDPR took the most retarded rout ever, more HP for everyone. Not even Fallout 4 reaches this amount of bad. How this game fails at being even a fucking AAA popamole shooter which formula is well known since ever?

Not everything is bad, the story and the world are well done, and night city is really nice to explore and I like that the game tries some rudimentary attribute and skill gating with some powerful combat implants requiring high body and you actually needing to make some rudimentary build to at least overcome the bullet sponginess but all this is lost on the middle of shit gameplay.

The game is basically a really long movie where the gameplay bits between are shiet, or on another words, it is the same kind of shit of Witcher 3. This idea of CDPR of releasing awful games then covering it up with with tons of cutscenes are biting them on the ass, the gameplay systems of Witcher 3 were also complete garbage but they escaped there because it was an action adventure game like Ass Creed and those games arent know for having interesting gameplay but here, shooting is awful and you do alot of it. When I'm saying awful gameplay, I'm comparing it to other popamole games that have much better gameplay. Man, even Watch Dogs 2 have more complex level design with you controlling drones and shiet.

My advice is to play on normal and play as a stealth game (not that stealth is really well done here, it is pretty basic too) with lots of hacking (the best part of the gameplay for me) or go for blades to fuck enemies up quickly instead of trading pot shots with them forever. The only reason I didnt give up is because the characters, the stories are interesting and the game has a nice atmosphere, it is like a 80's cyberpunk story with cyber samurais and creepy old japanese corp villains included. The only major annoyance I have with the characters is the V male voice, the guy is an annoying whining fag, they should have gone with a silent protag, he is getting on my nerves. Many people are hyping the different choices and endings depending of side quests, we will see.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Finished Act 1,It is obvious CDPR never made a FPS game on their lives, what is puzzling is: did anyone play this game before the release? Very hard is almost unplayable if you want decent combat gameplay, you will need to go with blades or stealth, assault rifles, smgs, shotguns, pistols, are all terrible to use because of the hp spongyness that get to ridiculous levels. Didnt anyone play this game before release to see that any difficulty above normal is busted? I mean, on very hard, if you dont go for stealth or blades, the combat is so clunky that is unbearable. Generic mooks can take three shotgun blasts to the chest, can take multiple grenade explosions and two to three clips of SMG and assault rifle fire to the head.

I mean, everyone on their team never played a fps game? I mean, people shit on Borderlands but no Borderlands game has awful combat as this one. I mean, I did the heist mission, I have my stealth build based on headshoting with revolvers (one of the few ways to keep sane and withstand the combat as you can pretty much one shot dudes from stealth), so CDPR had the brillant idea of not allowing you to use your own guns and just give you some shitty peashooter SMG for the whole level. It took 3 entire clips of headshots to drop a regular enemy. The only reason I kept my sanity was by avoiding combat and taking down everyone stealthly. The incompetence here is astounding, if the game was just a technical mess, but there are whole gameplay designs that just dont work. Also, your character movement feels like you are steering a sack of potatoes that get stuck everywhere, WTF.

I mean, pretty much ALL other popamole shooters on the market came to the conclusion that unrestricted HP sponginess is a bad idea because it fucks a shooter so bad. What is worse is that the HP sponginess dont make the enemies harder as they are mostly passive keeping distance and with exception of the melee ones (that, by the way, have a very rudimentary Ai, on many other shooters, melee enemies tend to dodge alot and dont just charge on a straight line directly on your gun), they just stand there with some potshots at you.

It would be so easy to make this combat much better, it isnt a question of technical issues but retarded decisions after retarded decisions, most enemies should die to a single headshot but keeping moving all the time to make that hard, the generic mooks should be agressive, moving all the time and advancing at your position to surround you (like it is on pretty much 99% of popamole FPS). You should restrict those levels of sponginess to special augmented enemies that should be like mini bosses, each one with its own abilities. If they want this to be a looter shooter (and by the way, this game sucks as a looter shooter too). Imagine you are facing a corp hit team, two are dangerous augmented minibosses while the rest of the mooks applied pressure on youwith grenades and by flanking so you expose yourself to the minibosses (this is what pretty much most AAA popamole games do). It would be cool, you hacking the minibosses to keep them away from the fight while at same time having to deal with the mooks but instead CDPR took the most retarded rout ever, more HP for everyone. Not even Fallout 4 reaches this amount of bad. How this game fails at being even a fucking AAA popamole shooter which formula is well known since ever?

Not everything is bad, the story and the world are well done, and night city is really nice to explore and I like that the game tries some rudimentary attribute and skill gating with some powerful combat implants requiring high body and you actually needing to make some rudimentary build to at least overcome the bullet sponginess but all this is lost on the middle of shit gameplay.

The game is basically a really long movie where the gameplay bits between are shiet, or on another words, it is the same kind of shit of Witcher 3. This idea of CDPR of releasing awful games then covering it up with with tons of cutscenes are biting them on the ass, the gameplay systems of Witcher 3 were also complete garbage but they escaped there because it was an action adventure game like Ass Creed and those games arent know for having interesting gameplay but here, shooting is awful and you do alot of it. When I'm saying awful gameplay, I'm comparing it to other popamole games that have much better gameplay. Man, even Watch Dogs 2 have more complex level design with you controlling drones and shiet.

My advice is to play on normal and play as a stealth game (not that stealth is really well done here, it is pretty basic too) with lots of hacking (the best part of the gameplay for me) or go for blades to fuck enemies up quickly instead of trading pot shots with them forever. The only reason I didnt give up is because the characters, the stories are interesting and the game has a nice atmosphere, it is like a 80's cyberpunk story with cyber samurais and creepy old japanese corp villains included. The only major annoyance I have with the characters is the V male voice, the guy is an annoying whining fag, they should have gone with a silent protag, he is getting on my nerves. Many people are hyping the different choices and endings depending of side quests, we will see.

The weird mollasses movement is due to the zooming in. Press the zoom in key and it resets. It is by far the most awful bug in this game.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Why the hell can you not tell people right away that Yoshinobu is the one who killed Saburo? Dexter, the japanese marlboro man, Victor... It's so fucking weird. Your char just doesn't even try. Even if it wouldn't make a difference, why is that not an option...

OctavianRomulus

Learned
So far, what I like is the verticality. It almost becomes like Mirror's Edge at times. There's cool rewards waiting for you too.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Removal

Scholar
coming off Witcher 3, it's about what I expected, fairly solid action faux rpg with decent writing and some gameplay hiccups on par with W3's combat
solid 7.5-8/10, people who want m*nigames or Allah forbid c*rd games should be sent to jahannam

Harthwain

Magister

this game has no AI at all, the graphics and the setting are only thing keeping the "immersion" in Cyberpunk 2077.

Shallow game.

It shows the difference between the two studios when it comes to making the open world feel alive. It's quite staggering, really, especially considering GTA 5 came out 7 years ago.

CyberWhale Care to elaborate?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom