Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Trithne

Erudite
This is probably the biggest sin of the game, and it's honestly more than likely intentional - this is a one and done game. There isn't nearly enough to really make a re run feel different, maybe something to come back to 5 years later or so.
Nah there are some quests that you can miss for example if you shoot royce during the bot mission you loose out on a sidequest later on in the game another thing iconic weapons and gear for some you have to kill the character carrying it another incentive for a replay.

Thats the sort of thing that I'd try in a "I played it a couple of years ago, let's try it again", run, or a "Now all the DLC is out" run. Definitely not enough to be like "Well I finished it, now to finish it again but this time I won't shoot that asshole"

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Thats the sort of thing that I'd try in a "I played it a couple of years ago, let's try it again", run, or a "Now all the DLC is out" run. Definitely not enough to be like "Well I finished it, now to finish it again but this time I won't shoot that asshole"
You can say the same thing about Witcher 3 yet I see tards on steam clocking in 2k hours into that game....

Turjan

Arcane
I have been playing only gigs, side missions and random stuff since yesterday, and after every mission, the game wanted to send me to the Afterlife (the club; I guess the real transition is still some way out). The random stuff is nothing to talk home about - you just get some weapons and street cred. The gigs were surprisingly varied and quite enjoyable. I got the last side mission from the Delamain quest line, and that was an interesting, though not difficult "dungeon crawl".

My V looked quite okay at some point, but after a few quests, he is plainly in clown territory again.
f6pxlWq.jpg

I feel the urge to put some points into crafting.

At least he beats some of the locals.
LMgWuVz.jpg

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I have been playing only gigs, side missions and random stuff since yesterday, and after every mission, the game wanted to send me to the Afterlife (the club; I guess the real transition is still some way out). The random stuff is nothing to talk home about - you just get some weapons and street cred. The gigs were surprisingly varied and quite enjoyable. I got the last side mission from the Delamain quest line, and that was an interesting, though not difficult "dungeon crawl".

My V looked quite okay at some point, but after a few quests, he is plainly in clown territory again.
f6pxlWq.jpg

I feel the urge to put some points into crafting.

At least he beats some of the locals
LMgWuVz.jpg
Fix your fashion bro, anyway I can see some autists spending 10s of hours in photo mode already.

36otx4d3vy461.jpg

eqv4t0d3vy461.jpg

Turjan

Arcane
Fix your fashion bro
But that's the thing: As you pretty much never see your V, except in a few cutscenes, there is no real urge to go for style. That leaves the numbers, and that was the current result.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
just finished

its kino, a complete tour de force, the best game this company has made. when the bugs are fixed it'll be known as one of the best rpgs ever made. we'll be crying at fallout 8 in a decade for not having the depth of cyberpunk 2077. con artistis will sell us outer-worlds esque failures by farting a ghost of a promise there'll be a game like it.

im going to bed now, I love all of you, unironically.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
you think a game that pushes an SJW agenda would be as tone-deaf as to claim "if you have a masculine voice, you are a MAN"?

Yes? Cause it doesn't restrict them in any way from pushing agenda in different places.

The truth is making a transgender in Cyberpunk 2077 would have been extremely easy if CDPR were genuine SJWs

The truth is they don't need it, it's you who somehow decided that only that case counts as pushig SJW ageda.
Game has trannies, game has trannies as option for chargen, also as characters in game, it's already enough to count it as propagandistic piece of shit.
But it have more then that.
All your line of defence built on "they are not real SJW thus game does not pushing agenda" is self-delusional bullshit.

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a decent game for storytards, but otherwise falls short. Bugs can mostly be ignored, but in my case Panam questline was broken and couldn't finish it. Still haven't finished the game though. There's a lot of uneven storytelling though, some parts are great, other bore.

Takamori

Learned
The story and visual presentation is ok. The itemization of this game is pure decline, fuck why I'm even being polite, its dogshit its a pile of shit by a retarded that copied D3 retarded loot system, basicaly no need to worry about any secondary stats its just NUMBER BIG GOOD OOGA OOGA BOOGA.
They have to release a enhanced edition for this because holy shit the RPG aspects are shoved up on the colon of whoever the fuck greenlit this system to be in the game.
AI needs some improvements, they get stuck in getting cover sometimes, just have to rush during this delayed animation and blow their faces into bits. Very Hard is a breeze, like no challenge given the enemies are not aggressive enough to put pressure on you, I imagine in the other difficulties you just shot in the sky and the auto aim will do the trick.
Its a solid 7.5, but harmed by this philistine shit they dared to call rpg system, should had done it an fps, whoever said that this game can be compared to classic Deus Ex can choke on a fat chode.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
you think a game that pushes an SJW agenda would be as tone-deaf as to claim "if you have a masculine voice, you are a MAN"?

Yes? Cause it doesn't restrict them in any way from pushing agenda in different places.

The truth is making a transgender in Cyberpunk 2077 would have been extremely easy if CDPR were genuine SJWs

The truth is they don't need it, it's you who somehow decided that only that case counts as pushig SJW ageda.
Game has trannies, game has trannies as option for chargen, also as characters in game, it's already enough to count it as propagandistic piece of shit.
But it have more then that.
All you line of defence built on "they are not real SJW thus game does not pushing agenda" is self-delusional bullshit.
Meds.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There really isn't all that much SJW shit in this. It's more of a late 90s/early Noughties level of wokeness - in fact, it's more of a traditional Leftie game with a bit of SJW window dressing.

It's not obnoxiously SJW like ME:A, or PoEII; if anything it's charmingly old-fashioned Leftism, centered on individual liberty, anti-corporate, etc., etc.

I think there's a "Gramsci Hotel" in the game? That about sums it up :) SJWs don't know anything about history beyond slavery and Hitler, or about politics beyond "Nazi" and "woke."

It's not SJW
It's SJW but it's mild
It's not SJW, but leftism

Incedible how delusional people can be.
Wake up Neo, it's just different grades of shit - leftism and SJW.

the setting is anticorporate

LMAO I can't stand this stupidiy anymore.

Silverfish

Arbiter
So the consensus is that you should buy it once all the DLC is out and the game patched?

Nuts to that. I'm buying the PS4 version once the price dips.

It's not SJW
It's SJW but it's mild
It's not SJW, but leftism

Incedible how delusional people can be.

"It's sjw, but I already planned to buy it, so here's my cope."

Removing male/female genders and being able to put a dick on a girl is PRETTY fucking GAY.

Leave Bible Black alone.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Main quests have been really good so far. Each quest has a few arresting moments in them. I've been doing too many police scanner missions, though, and am kind of burned out on them. They are all relatively similar.

The loot system is kind of infuriating. Crafting is incredibly expensive to invest in, both in terms of skill/stat points and in terms of money, yet I don't see the purpose of crafting since there is a steady progression of loot of increasing levels.

I assume that crafting is something you respec to do late in the game, craft some shit, then respec again when you are done?

Origin

Augur
It looks "good" with too much caveats for most expensive game production in history.

EDIT: Why fake news rating? It is the most expensive game in the history.
Let's not forget - the most expensive ga... rbage in history.

314 million $.
Hey guys, here is the most expensive game in history. Also more expensive than any form of entertainment, Hollywood movies included.
As long as Perkel's other love project, infinite money pit and outright Scam, Star Shitizen exists this is not true and that dubious honor goes to it, so stop repeating it. It's at $337 million from Whales: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals and over $400 million with investors:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...-studio-behind-crowdfunded-game-star-citizen/
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...um-secures-usd17-25m-in-additional-investment

OK purist, let's pretend you are right, and enjoy this second most expensive game in the known universe. This detail alone changes everything for an average autist, so everything's all right.

We can only pretend though, as you're comparing MMO with 12 million active players willingly pouring funds into the project through the years with a game which received half of total funds from console owners and returned them something resembling a 1997 budget game.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
lol smart guns OP af.

Definitely should have been class restricted or something. How can I have flaming robo hands, super brain-melting hacking, and homing headshot bullets on one guy?

ZJoyrlg.gif

Though they somtimes seem to deflect from enemies for no apparent reason.

Yeah that was planned to be in some early build you would be solo, netrunner and something else that I dont remember, then decided to scrap everything and made V become a fucking a skyrim abomination. Now I'm curious on what these retard fucks did cut, because this game reeks of fear and corpo shit opinions to tailor the product in the most wide audience popamole shit ever.

orcinator

Liturgist
Lmao I tried to set up an autohotkey script to save my RSI with clicking these godamn vending machines over and over (that Legendary rifle ain't gonna pay for itself) and the game actually has a script blocker built into it
Make like a real cyberpunk and use cheat engine.
Only need to buy one snack then.

Seriously, 2600 bux for a lv 32 radiant fight I finished at lv 17 by peekabooing the enemies with a sniper rife.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
Removing male/female genders and being able to put a dick on a girl is PRETTY fucking GAY.

Just virtue signaling for marketing woke points. Never ever referenced in the actual game(in my playthrough at least). But yeah the marketing for this game is scummy all around.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom