Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Robber Baron

Savant
Agreed. I think the real minmaxer way to play is stealth + hacking + crafting, maybe with a sniper rifle or pistol specialization.

And then comes the part where you need to take out a crazed double flameblade psycho without killing him

I just jumped around while sending amnesia and blind and smashing her with a pipe, took like 15 minutes

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seigneur Locklear Common negro tell me it looks bad or put that prosper in your ass.
It looks mediocre and generic you dipshit graphic whore lol. Having higher (arguably) graphical fidelity doesn't mean it looks good.
130870497_1638125569723423_8723147281805527586_n.jpg

The text says "Your PC is a potato, there is no point [in trying]". :lol:

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Judy Questline spoiler:
It was worth sacrificing Clouds due to Judy's naivety in order to fuck her lesbian style. I even got an erection during that cuddle scene.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Agreed. I think the real minmaxer way to play is stealth + hacking + crafting, maybe with a sniper rifle or pistol specialization.

And then comes the part where you need to take out a crazed double flameblade psycho without killing him

I just jumped around while sending amnesia and blind and smashing her with a pipe, took like 15 minutes
You must mean Lt. Mowers.

Contrary to my expectations:
Killing her didn't give me any different quest outcome, no different comment from Regina. Maybe there is C&C down the road, but I don't know. I trust this game less on delivering C&C than I did Wicher 3.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I just jumped around while sending amnesia and blind and smashing him with the pipe, took like 15 minutes

Yeah, on my previous playthrough, when the game was still a bit of a blur in some respects, I was really annoyed by that magic nog who kept interrupting me and giving out those missions. Now I'm really enjoying those non-lethal missions, they're actually probably the most challenging missions in the game (especially if you're not specced into Body), and the way they pop up appropriately and locally as you're wandering around is good too.

(For the uninitiated, Blunt is non-lethal, but like most of the melee it's tied with Body - although having said that about non-lethal, I actually did kill someone with my pipe early on, but since then they've all been non-lethal.)

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
That reminds me, didn't the old gameplay footage show V using a bullet time drug? Is that still in the game?

Haven't seen drug version but there are several cyberwares for that.
I was wondering the same thing today since the first firefight in the apartment was a tad hard and it made me think if by chance I missed the drug and forgot to use it.

Either way none of the enemies in the game drop it, but there are indeed implants for it.

Druid Ardun

Any info on what the multiplayer will be like? Gunplay and driving is trash so I really wonder what will be the point of mp.

Yeah I can't see MP kicking off when most of the playerbase can't run the game stable. Still a GTAV like multiplayer with some extra features set in the Nightcity could've been very cool. Like actual faction wars or something.

Ah yes faction wars but people with most ammo win. The bullet sponge enemies are great

kreight

Is it just me or are non tech weapons a yuge letdown, especially pistols?
I found a blue lvl12 bull barrel magnum, hauling it around in joyful expectation of awsomeness. Nope, still worse than my lvl3 soviet tech pistol. At 6 tech mind you, so no real bonus dmg.
It's... hard to land headshots when the braindead AI is running around like headless chickens without bullet time...
That reminds me, didn't the old gameplay footage show V using a bullet time drug? Is that still in the game? Although the lack of quickslots would make using it tricky...
Dont forget tech weapons penetrate walls. If you see someone hiding behind the cover you can headshot through it.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Also, as far as cyberpsychos are concerned 'nonleathal' means you can pump the full of lead until you down them, that still counts. They will always get downed if you don't overdo it at the end. By that I mean keep shooting after they are downed. You see a similar behavior with bosses and some goons that can also be downed and then finished off.

If they are still twitching on the ground it means they are alive.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There really isn't all that much SJW shit in this. It's more of a late 90s/early Noughties level of wokeness - in fact, it's more of a traditional Leftie game with a bit of SJW window dressing.

It's not obnoxiously SJW like ME:A, or PoEII; if anything it's charmingly old-fashioned Leftism, centered on individual liberty, anti-corporate, etc., etc.

I think there's a "Gramsci Hotel" in the game? That about sums it up :) SJWs don't know anything about history beyond slavery and Hitler, or about politics beyond "Nazi" and "woke."
Who knew it would only take CDPR to push it for people around here to accept it face down ass up lubed up and ready..

This game is filled with 'SJW shit' from the 1st second to the last. Just because it's a Polish company releasing the game doesn't mean it's not. It's worse than Outer Worlds and Deadfire combined. You can pretend it fits the setting all you want, but pretending it's not there is just retarded.

Just accept you like a game on the level of Andromeda in that department. It's okay, you can like whatever you want.

The SJW-ism in the game is either superficial box-ticking or mere aesthetic folderol. As some others are saying, THAT'S PRECISELY WHY IT'S PISSING OFF TRUE SJWs.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Also, as far as cyberpsychos are concerned 'nonleathal' means you can pump the full of lead until you down them, that still counts. They will always get downed if you don't overdo it at the end. By that I mean keep shooting after they are downed. You see a similar behavior with bosses and some goons that can also be downed and then finished off.

It's quite a nice touch that enemies are often downed when the red bar disappears, but not killed. It lets you walk up to them, look them in their augmented eyes and blast their fucking head off point blank to kill them outright if they're particularly annoyed you. Very satisfying.

I will now take my meds :)

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Is it just me or are non tech weapons a yuge letdown, especially pistols?
I found a blue lvl12 bull barrel magnum, hauling it around in joyful expectation of awsomeness. Nope, still worse than my lvl3 soviet tech pistol. At 6 tech mind you, so no real bonus dmg.
It's... hard to land headshots when the braindead AI is running around like headless chickens without bullet time...
That reminds me, didn't the old gameplay footage show V using a bullet time drug? Is that still in the game? Although the lack of quickslots would make using it tricky...
Dont forget tech weapons penetrate walls. If you see someone hiding behind the cover you can headshot through it.
They also highlight enemies through walls while aiming. At least my "soviet pistol". Stupidly op compared to normal guns.
But I guess that's the message there: filthy casuals use normal weapons, real pros use tech or smartguns. :obviously:

Hellion

Arcane
That is valid for quite a few side-quests, actually. If you apprehend X NPC and have dialogue options to "let him go" or "cut a deal with him", you can simply aim your sights at him and shoot him dead (without the game telling you that this is actually an option), in which case the game recognizes the outcome as such and proceeds normally.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I am still disappointed that using my superior intelligence.... skill while interrogating the dollhouse manager gave me less reward than shooting him in the face.
I know you return there later, so that better pays off somehow. :argh:

AwesomeButton

Patron

If they are still twitching on the ground it means they are alive.
You must mean Lt. Mowers.
Wait, you actuallly CAN kill cyperpsychos? After hitting a few of them with a baseball bat I accidently vastly underestimated my sniper rifle and headshot one. He still lived, so I thought it was railroaded... :hahano:
Or maybe I didn't killed her but just thought I have?

No shit, Sherlock. And the moon is probably a flat circle painted in the skybox, not a 3500-km wide sphere 385 thousand virtual kilometers away from Night City. That's how games work.
Be gentle, every court needs a fool.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Witcher 3 has better minigames and polish while cyberpunk has better core systems and dialogues.

Also cyberpunk dialogues are in the top 3 best dialogues in games alongside bloodlines and alpha protocol.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
While I am not far into the story yet, one thing does trigger me a lot compared to TW3: the urgency.
In TW3 your job was to find Ciri, but she's a big sloot girl, she can take care of herself. Geralt can do horse races as he likes.

But in CP77?
V is fucking dying, few weeks left, get help ASAP!
How am I supposed to justify dicking around finding lost taxis instead of beelining through the mainquest?
Well, aside from getting xp that is.
:negative:

Robber Baron

Savant
While I am not far into the story yet, one things does trigger me a lot compared to TW3: the urgency.
In TW3 your job was to find Ciri, but she's a big sloot girl, she can take care of herself. Geralt can do horse races as he likes.
But in CP77?
How am I supposed to justify dicking around finding lost taxis instead of beelining through the mainquest?
Well, aside from getting xp that is.
:negative:

As far as my roleplaying goes
Dealing with such task requries money and connections, so building up your reputation as a merc might net you connections to help with your cause - that is why you take any job you can - when you don't know where the solution might come from you try literally everything

mondblut

Arcane
Game has trannies, game has trannies as option for chargen, also as characters in game, it's already enough to count it as propagandistic piece of shit.

For a dystopian future with a hard on for body modifications, CP is pretty mild. I'd expect most people in IRL 2077 to look like this:

p21K_iTT.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom