Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
UI repair and more PC friendliness (e.g. being able to hit any UI key to go to any UI part FROM any UI part) are my top wishlists. There are some mods that offer more options, and mods that give you walk, etc., and they're nice, but there's still too much lingering stench of console in the UI.

Mortmal

Arcane
I like that there are a lot of comments like "This game is a janky, clunky, glitchy, buggy alpha version, not an RPG, bullet spongey, with broken AI and economy, blah-blah... but I kinda enjoy it!"

And I won't be surprised if CP becomes GOTY with this kind of attitude.
But of course it is and righfully so, there's not nearly the same amount of discussions for real rpgs out this year , those interest almost no one here . Trigger people here and the usual 10 codexer rejects , the lowest scum in the gutter, come to button spam , you'll never ever see them commenting , discussing mechanics nor even rating int he other threads.Also it wont be moved to general gaming, cause staff is scared of the polish crowd, they will unzip their pants and take it if they ask them too.

ADL

Prophet
:prosper:
LoL the dumb fuck doesn't even know what censor means. His video runs fine and it is not take out,he just about not getting ad money lol.
this is the same shitty argument neolibs have while big tech shadowbans people for partisan politic bullshit reasons.
"It's not censorship, you just need the URL to see it! It doesn't need to show up in search when you search for it specifically by name."

Terra

Cipher
So it seems Mack's review had been censored on Youtube (and Google), the search engine doesn't show it anywhere. And it wasn't even a particularly ranty review, he said a lot of good things in it, but obviously pointed out how broken it is.

What a fucking joke, his review was very fair and truthful - the game is dragged down massively by a plethora of bugs. But hey, let's just remove any dissent from search results and pretend everything is fine.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm anticipating that the best case scenario for this game is 4 years' worth of patches and content drops, then everybody will be back to sucking corpo dick again.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Wattson Whore diary at lizzie bar is great. "Made myself a dress from synthetic fetuses". Idk if they make fun of that tranny celebrity or not, but it sure sound like satire, even if unintentional[?]. And "she" calls himself "he".

Removal

Scholar
Wrapped it up in about 20ish hours without doing a ton of side quests
main complaints are pretty similar to W3 actually,
1.) time critical main quest that's not all that interesting and can be ignored to run around and do sidequests, game probably would have been better off dropping the whole biochip/silverhand deal and making it more of corps maneuvering for the next war.
2.) itemization isn't great to say the least
3.) life style starts seem pretty blah and don't appear to have a ton of impact, despite doing corpo V, my character ended up being snarky/sarcastic with every interaction, major downfall of having a voiced player character

still a bretty gud game unless you were expecting an actual rpg or a gta-like instead of cyberwitcher

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
All your line of defence built on "they are not real SJW thus game does not pushing agenda" is self-delusional bullshit.

The only agenda I see CDPR pushing is that they (not so) secretly want to fuck hot trannies, hence why you see them everywhere.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I like that there are a lot of comments like "This game is a janky, clunky, glitchy, buggy alpha version, not an RPG, bullet spongey, with broken AI and economy, blah-blah... but I kinda enjoy it!"

Few weeks from now will be the RPGCodex GOTY, imagine what will happen when the normies forget about the bugs.

ADL

Prophet
I'm anticipating that the best case scenario for this game is 4 years' worth of patches and content drops, then everybody will be back to sucking corpo dick again.
Cyberpunk Online will have legs. Especially if they patch up the core systems before it comes out.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I assume they'll patch in transmog later. Right now you gotta look like a total assclown.
I'd rather they just removed armor values from clothes altogether and put in a proper armor category, either something like kevlar vests or armor modules.

DeepOcean

Arcane
1.) time critical main quest that's not all that interesting and can be ignored to run around and do sidequests, game probably would have been better off dropping the whole biochip/silverhand deal and making it more of corps maneuvering for the next war.
It would be far better if Silverhand wasnt involved at all, I liked the way the story was going before the biochip with you and Jackie starting to climb the merc ladder, the game seems to be designed for that storyline. It makes no sense to go around doing side content for money when on a few weeks you are going to die.

Gargaune

Magister
Gargaune It made zero difference because it's faker than Santa at a shopping mall. I didn't try firing up the game without the file, but it doesn't surprise me if it's dead code. I am laughing my ass off at people who are falling for the placebo because they don't or can't test.
I suppose Cyberpunk performance is a ripe topic for trolling right now, though I don't know how people can placebo their way to a twenty frames increase. Either way, I checked it one more time, and neither the contents nor the presence of memory_pool_budgets.csv make any difference for me.

I tried it and didn't have a crash yet, so it seems to have done something. Before I got the feeling it had a memory leak or something going, since the game would crash and reloading it at the same spot would immediately crash it again unless I rebooted.
Dunno what to tell you. Optional config files with an internal hardcoded redundancy are fairly common practice, but I definitely saw no change per the above, I have no other means to verify.

While we're talking performance, I should probably mention I haven't seen those initial very high CPU temperatures in the past couple of days. When I first ran the game, I saw mid 80s with short core peaks in the low 90s, but now it's been stable in the high 70s with mid-80 peaks. I don't know if that's on account of the 1.04 patch or new settings or just that I had a lot of heat buildup the first time, what with all the config changes, but I can't be arsed to look into it anymore, kinda just wanna play now.

Oh, and for those wondering, the Raytracing impact that I originally mentioned as ~20FPS? That's not entirely accurate, it's more like between 20 and 50 FPS, depending on the scene. The latter, for example, is the case in the Afterlife bar.

Well, a game can be completely unredeemable trash with some of the worst storytelling and directing in gaming history, yet still win GOTY, as quality is not a requirement for these circle-jerk award shows.

If critics really like Cyberpunk 2077, for whatever reason, then it will win.

Perkel

Arcane

I give it 2 months at best. GTA5 release on PS3 and it also run like dogshit 18fps at times and looked like an ass no one talked about it after few weeks.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
So it seems Mack's review had been censored on Youtube (and Google), the search engine doesn't show it anywhere. And it wasn't even a particularly ranty review, he said a lot of good things in it, but obviously pointed out how broken it is.

What a fucking joke, his review was very fair and truthful - the game is dragged down massively by a plethora of bugs. But hey, let's just remove any dissent from search results and pretend everything is fine.

YT is getting progressively worse, and the tragic thing is that there's just no alternative, because what are you going to watch - TV, fucking Netflix? There's a shitton of great tutorials on YT, but anything that makes some important party uncomfortable gets removed. Meanwhile, that psycho bitch who made a career out of eating sea creatures alive is STILL allowed there.

Varnaan

Augur
I didn't like The Witcher 3 and kind of expected Cybertranny to be more of the same Ubisoft shit but it's literally worse than the last 3 Assassin's Creed games.
Horrible writing.
Garbage Ubisoft world with worse quests and AI, Bioware style do a quest and pick your ending but nothing else changes.
It's like Dragon Age CISquisition and the worst of Ubisoft had a malformed child and it had an anal child with Fallout 4.
Technically unstable, conceptually horrible, terribly written.
Fucking RIP Diversity Hire Red.

just

Liturgist
i could have kissed every guy i helped in few quests
i stayed strong virgin playthrough
that whore doesnt count

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Wattson Whore diary at lizzie bar is great. "Made myself a dress from synthetic fetuses". Idk if they make fun of that tranny celebrity or not, but it sure sound like satire, even if unintentional[?]. And "she" calls himself "he".

There's other ads and it seems to be a guy, just a very feminine one. So some sort of twink fetish stuff.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like CDPR hit major leagues
Cyberpunk2077 vs RDR2

unknown.png

most searched things:

unknown.png

Robber Baron

Savant
Just cleared
Clouds
, was very suprised that the game allowed to go offrails and complete the objective in the none-intended order -
got into club - obj:talk to a doll - fuck it I'll just explore - got to the director and managed to make him talk promising the knowledge of my hacker wisdom - got the info from him and the game didn't bug out and updated the objective as completed.
Nice. I was really worried that shit will bug out at some point since it's the first time in game I did something that wasn't shown in the objectives window.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom