Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ADL

Prophet
After playing this, I hope they go full immersive sim and do a first person game like this in the Witcher universe. Third person sucks.

ColCol

Arcane
Playing the game on consoles,, right now focused mainly on combat. I Appreciate that the hack system runs kind of like a magic systems but it's super unsatisfying to use early on in the game. The gunplay feels decent but would probably feel a lot better if it was not tied to a shit action rpg system .

Turjan

Arcane
Btw how do i turn off nudity ? serious question
Stop playing, one of the marketing gimmicks was literally "look you can be a woman with a dick" and "look in this game you can be American and have a foreskin".
i know this game is full of woke shit, thats why i didnt support cdpr. But i heard you can censor nudity scenes. Is there a way?
Settings > Gameplay Options > Miscellaneous

Not sure what it does though. There is hardly any outright nudity in the game, even with the option to censor nudity off, except the occasional wardrobe malfunction or corpse. Really, if you actually want nudity in your game, you should go look elsewhere.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the game isn't that bad. it's has problems of course, but most of it pertaining its free roam and GTA - style gameplay. RPG aspect goes from ok to solid. not amazing, but solid.

+gun variety: guns feel good, each feels different and each have their own unique shot mode/power.
+questing is decent too. some gigs are interesting and have decent themes/context while i haven;t got much real sidequests yet since i just met judy. some levels in the random gigs are pretty non linear with multiple points of entries, and they give you choice to play how you want
+writing is pretty solid. no complaint so far. voice acting are great, dialogue are great, soundtrack is banging.
+stealth isn't as bad as people say on PC at least. it's still on the easy side, but i found NPCs react in believable-ish ways. at least if you're into hacking.

#driving: neutral. isn't bad, but i mostly doesn't care as long as it isn't GTA IV shitty

-open world elements: raelly forced to be GTA like, especially since the game doesn't have chase/driving AI: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...ust_realized_that_there_is_no_ai_for_driving/
-random NPC reactions are worse than bethesda games

but overall the GTA side of the game is bad, but the RPG side is solid so far.

680x0

Learned
I love the selective gravity in this game. Anybody else had massive map spanning zips?

Sorta reminds me of the Crones tune (Ladies of the Woods) from W3 which I always thought was one of the standouts of that ost. Similarly haunting.

Yes, the Crones theme was great. The Witcher 1 remains the one with the best sountrack, though. It is truly unique. Everything after it felt a little generic and too Western.

The Witcher 3 is the most memorable, if only because of:

-if "Le-le-ley"
-then combat

cw8

Cipher
Stop playing, one of the marketing gimmicks was literally "look you can be a woman with a dick" and "look in this game you can be American and have a foreskin".
i know this game is full of woke shit, thats why i didnt support cdpr. But i heard you can censor nudity scenes. Is there a way?

Not sure what it does though. There is hardly any outright nudity in the game, even with the option to censor nudity off, except the occasional wardrobe malfunction or corpse. Really, if you actually want nudity in your game, you should go look elsewhere.

With the censor, you can't adjust your genitals.

Turjan

Arcane

With the censor, you can't adjust your genitals.
Sure, but it's basically meaningless for the game. I haven't really met any scene in the game yet where it matters what you choose there.
The whole thing looks like a leftover from a different design stage.

Last edited:

Semiurge

Cipher
Why does this game have bouncers/guards? I walked right past one into a restricted area, massacred all the gangsters inside, and walked back out.

Talked to the bouncer.

"Weather's nice today, ain't it?"

V - "Literally rained blood back there!"

Bouncer - "Right you are."

Zer0wing

Cipher
So what the fuck with fixers spamming and calling V all the time acting like we're some famous top solo? That fucking prologue and the following cutscene montage is some serious bait'n'switch crap. That's what we get instead of actually bonding with our newfound latino bruh through gameplay of original rags to riches plotline before the big heist I presume? Not only that but conflicts with the narrative, the part when V whines about his fear of falling into obscurity after dying. We are the legend among toppest fixers personally spamming our phone already, so legend we're approved to rob a big corpo. This is some serious pacing issues. And we all thought Witcher 3's third act was bad.
There's so much to hate yet I haven't even finished the damn thing yet to apply a proper review.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
So basically they managed to conclude the story mode and some side missions, cdk remade this game so much in these 8 years they didnt have time to add basic stuff like drinking in the bar, eating in a restaurant etc etc, like all the animations are there but the devs didnt have time to simply implement it, its silly LARP stuff but add some soul to the game. The RPG system I have the impression they run out of time and decided to copy pasta the witcher 3 and remove elements like magic and potion, why the fuck call it Cyberpunk if not even going to copy something from the system its based?

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

It is absolutely nice sipping a glass of wine while bathing on the excuses desperate cdprojekt fanboys find to defend this mess.

Semiurge

Cipher
i wonder if cdpr plans to do more cyberpunk games after the multiplayer thing is out. will there be another big singleplayer cyberpunk game in 6 years from now or has the backlash been so big that they will just milk the witcher for all eternity? 8 million preorders alone, so at least financially it would make sense for cdpr to keep making games with the IP. how much will the bad WoM kill the games legs, how many people are going to refund their game now?

The trajectory seems very clear so far.

Start with niche but original games (witcher 1&2) -> create more casual/popamole with 'current year' stuff eg open world but still maintain some kind of integrity to source material, find bigger audience (witcher 3/cyberpunk) -> become soulles husk and create online version of IPs to appeal to the largest mass of mouth breathing mongoloids, maximize profits.

We will get Cyberpunk online next, and at some point after that Witcher online. And then for the rest of our natural lives CDPR will find ways to monetize and microtransact the ever living fuck out of these two games and you will tell stories to your grandchildren about the glorious and joyous days when Cyberpunk 2077 released and how it was the last 'true' RPG game.

And eventually like Valve, they just stop making original single playing games and use the above and GOG to fatten themselves.

ciicv0xvlo461.jpg

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
So what the fuck with fixers spamming and calling V all the time acting like we're some famous top solo? That fucking prologue and the following cutscene montage is some serious bait'n'switch crap. That's what we get instead of actually bonding with our newfound latino bruh through gameplay of original rags to riches plotline before the big heist I presume? Not only that but conflicts with the narrative, the part when V whines about his fear of falling into obscurity after dying. We are the legend among toppest fixers personally spamming our phone already, so legend we're approved to rob a big corpo. This is some serious pacing issues. And we all thought Witcher 3's third act was bad.
There's so much to hate yet I haven't even finished the damn thing yet to apply a proper review.

You should be the one asking to meet the fixers in person, present yourself and asking for jobs. Only later receiving calls.

There are a lot of rushed ideas in this game.

But the life paths and the montage making you a street kid regardless is particularly retarded and outrageous

Zer0wing

Cipher
You should be the one asking to meet the fixers in person, present yourself and asking for jobs. Only later receiving calls.

There are a lot of rushed ideas in this game.

But the life paths and the mintage making you a street kid regardless is particularly retarded and outrageous
Feels like CDPR did an outstanding police U-turn after 27.8.2018 showcase and cut the beginnging of the game just to put Johnny Silverhand in the plot because one of the studio heads was such a big fan of CP2020 and wanted to write a fanfic.
It is rather avantgarde move because no one tried to cut content from the early-game, only a personal bias can explain why didn't CDPR worked on actual rags to riches part as they should if they still want to hold a reputation of exceptional story-tellers.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom