Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

sullynathan

Arcane
Serious question here. This stadia stuff intrigued me because I played a bit of immortals fenyx on it and it worked very well. Did anyone try this on Stadia?

Perkel

Arcane
Seems like there is more to choices than what you can see. Apparently skill check choices only appear as grayed out when your skill is close to skill check. So if you have body 5 and skillcheck is 15 you won't even see grayed out option.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
So I started a second playthrough today.

I wanted to see how much I could do before the Heist.

Lots. But you cant leave night city or go to most of it. There's about 11-12 levels of content and 23 levbels of street smart. I have 90k, double jump and monowire at the moment. This game is awesome, now im gonna go pretend im a rookie dipshit who nobody knows and do the heist

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

this is entertaining... See the CEO feeding this corporate bullshits is perfectly in cyberpunk style.

Azdul

Magister
Feels like CDPR did an outstanding police U-turn after 27.8.2018 showcase and cut the beginnging of the game just to put Johnny Silverhand in the plot because one of the studio heads was such a big fan of CP2020 and wanted to write a fanfic.
Around that time CDPR said that they want to be next Rockstar Games, and Sam Houser from Rockstar is notorious for demanding major changes late in development. It's not like CDPR management have not done it before, but this time it must have been a real clusterfuck - a lot of wasted effort and many extremely pissed employees.

None

Scholar
Ceo:We are planning to huuuuu ahhhhhhhhhh uhhh make the game batter!
can you do a summary?

Only 14 minutes in but it's a standard investors call. CDPR CEO, to his credit, starts the meeting by admitting that he and management fucked up by pushing to release the game in it's current state. They're going to focus on making the game run better on last-gen consoles and bugfixing.

Discussion on when multiplayer will come (2022?), the extent of games being refunded, dumb investor thinks more employees = more/better work done, etc.

They should have just ditched lastgen. Now dev time will be spent for the next few months trying to get this to work on 7 year old hardware when there is much more valuable work to be done.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
They should have just ditched lastgen. Now dev time will be spent for the next few months trying to get this to work on 7 year old hardware when there is much more valuable work to be done.
Yeah just drop 100 milion user base thats gonna be a great buissness idea Im suprised you are not a Ceo of a billion dollar company but Im sure with your briliant ideas you will get there in no time.
:lol:

None

Scholar
Yeah just drop 100 milion user base thats gonna be a great buissness idea Im suprised you are not a Ceo of a billion dollar company but Im sure with your briliant ideas you will get there in no time.

If you listen to the conference call you'll hear nothing but investors worrying about lastgen performance, reviews, backlash, etc. Clearly a lot of the stock dumps have come from this sentiment. Also, people can and will upgrade to the nextgen console. It isn't "100 million users" lost.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
If you listen to the conference call you'll hear nothing but investors worrying about lastgen performance, reviews, backlash, etc. Clearly a lot of the stock dumps have come from this sentiment. Also, people can and will upgrade to the nextgen console. It isn't "100 million users" lost.
Its at least 50 milion users lost you think everyone lives in nice first world country and can afford to spend boatload of money on new gayming device as soon as it comes out? Hate it to break it to you but ps4 and shitbox will be around for another 5 years+

ADL

Prophet
Feels like CDPR did an outstanding police U-turn after 27.8.2018 showcase and cut the beginnging of the game just to put Johnny Silverhand in the plot because one of the studio heads was such a big fan of CP2020 and wanted to write a fanfic.
It is rather avantgarde move because no one tried to cut content from the early-game, only a personal bias can explain why didn't CDPR worked on actual rags to riches part as they should if they still want to hold a reputation of exceptional story-tellers.
I can't imagine what kind of story they could've done without involving the Soulkiller program and Johnny Silverhand is pretty fucking important given the Arasaka bombing and connection to Alt Cunningham. Haven't finished the game yet but hopefully this brings closure to the immortality chip along with Saboru Arasaka and they can start some new story threads to continue into the sequel.

This theory hasn't really been tested since GTA3 but CDPR could've really had a 'GTA3 moment' on their hands if they delayed into 2021 and gave people a good reason to upgrade... Versus this cross gen bullshit where everything's crossgen for the first two years of a console's lifespan. Not to mention it would've shortened the length in time between 2077 and Online.

None

Scholar
Its at least 50 milion users lost you think everyone lives in nice first world country and can afford to spend boatload of money on new gayming device as soon as it comes out? Hate it to break it to you but ps4 and shitbox will be around for another 5 years+

Where are you getting these numbers from? Intuition?

And yes, the vast majority of console sales come from first world countries.

None

Scholar
It is rather avantgarde move because no one tried to cut content from the early-game, only a personal bias can explain why didn't CDPR worked on actual rags to riches part as they should if they still want to hold a reputation of exceptional story-tellers.
I can't imagine what kind of story they could've done without involving the Soulkiller program and Johnny Silverhand is pretty fucking important given the Arasaka bombing and connection to Alt Cunningham. Haven't finished the game yet but hopefully this brings closure to the immortality chip along with Saboru Arasaka and they can start some new story threads to continue into the sequel.

This theory hasn't really been tested since GTA3 but CDPR could've really had a 'GTA3 moment' on their hands if they delayed into 2021 and gave people a good reason to upgrade... Versus this cross gen bullshit where everything's crossgen for the first two years of a console's lifespan. Not to mention it would've shortened the length in time between 2077 and Online.

Same thing with something like Halo 3. Flagship titles for new console releases have always been a thing. Cyperpunk was marketed as a "next-gen" experience and they decide to launch it on the last-gen too?

Harthwain

Magister
i wonder if cdpr plans to do more cyberpunk games after the multiplayer thing is out. will there be another big singleplayer cyberpunk game in 6 years from now or has the backlash been so big that they will just milk the witcher for all eternity? 8 million preorders alone, so at least financially it would make sense for cdpr to keep making games with the IP. how much will the bad WoM kill the games legs, how many people are going to refund their game now?
Indeed. The number of pre-orders can be significant, but knowing how many of those were refunded post-relase is going to give us a better picture.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Jesus they wanted to use those characters from the start there was some interview with pondsmith in 2015 or 2016 and they told him from the start that they wanted those characters in the game. Saying they cut content to put them in is retarted, they cut shit out to make release its as simple as that.

ChildInTime

Learned
Jesus they wanted to use those characters from the start there was some interview with pondsmith in 2015 or 2016 and they told him from the start that they wanted those characters in the game. Saying they cut content to put them in is retarted, they cut shit out to make release its as simple as that.
This, I remember them saying that Cyberpunk is not a game about saving the world, It's about saving yourself waaay back. The current storyline was what they planned from the beginning.

ADL

Prophet
The speculation/conspiracy theories resulting from how clunky the storyline is warranted so I don't blame anyone for speculating that the game was rebooted Rockstar/Destiny-style. Maybe I just don't relate to the whole 'die a legend' stuff but even as a tabletop player, I find it very odd that you're coughing up blood every five minutes in the MSQ where it's constantly reinforcing a sense of urgency and then you're off doing side quests that have nothing to do with anything.

Going that route, they should've just done a straight up linear story shooter. You can't have bullshit side quests with that kind of story looming overhead.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I can imagine those characters and those stories warranting someone better than some shmuck V. An epic shmuck with some reputation V. And the main quest feels at least 10 hours short. Not exactly a slow burn journowhores promised us tbh.

ChildInTime

Learned
I can imagine those characters and those stories warranting someone better than some shmuck V. An epic shmuck with some reputation V. And the main quest feels at least 10 hours short. Not exactly a slow burn journowhores promised us tbh.
A lot of content and possible ending variations are locked behind doing the "main" side quests, and even some random gigs have awesome stories in them and have impact on the main missions, so it's more like - you can play it in 10 or 70 hours.

Also while there are all these larger than life characters running around, the story is deeply personal - you know, a young lowlife with a gun being faced with mortality and all. Kinda hit me in the feels that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom