Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
I'm amused, but not surprised, that the Japanese were used as Chinese surrogates in having a military and corporate foothold in the FUSA. It hearkens back to 'Homefront', where the invading villain/China-stand ins were the Norks, of all people.

Foundations of the current Cyberpunk lore were built in the 1980's, Japanese made perfect sense at that time and why Japanese culture and imagery, corporations are heavily featured in not just the official Cyberpunk lore but the cyberpunk genre overall.
Also, updating evil japanese corps with evil chinese corps would complicate the life of CDPR in China if they want the chinese money, so lets pretend japan isnt slowly dying while China really wants to emulate second world war Japan on the Pacific.

Vatnik Wumao
For those wondering, you do get a quest later on to recover your car from the Nomad prologue.
aOTmIa0.jpg

Trithne

Erudite
So I crucified a dude. Rather unconventional (?!) mission(s). Easy to imagine this being the center of a non-troversy if it weren't overshadowed by how broken the game is.

You sure he didn't just start T-Posing?

One thing I don't get is why some people here seem to want to use hard class gates to restrict gear - what the game needs isn't "You didn't pick techie so no tech guns for you", it needs more serious stat gates, and no level gates.

There are a handful of weapons that tell you "will reach full effectiveness at (stat)" if you don't meet that requirement, and they have reduced performance. That should've been on everything, and no "you can't use this at all because you didn't reach the exp threshold".

Aggressively gating gear by stat would do a lot more for the game than saying "only the chosen people get to use hacking rigs" - just give the good rigs an int requirement and if you're under it then it works like shit, or maybe even just say you can't use it at all.

This doesn't entirely cancel out things like someone who goes high reflexes for handguns can use a sword just fine, but thats more acceptable than someone with 3 reflexes can use an end game sword just fine. Or you could tie it to the learn by doing scores.

i have to admit this game, like a ferocious mold, managed to grow on me. the absolute lack of any npc ai is mesmerizing, i can empty parking lots filled with high level enemies just by standing crouched a bit far and spamming magic. i won a boss fight, that one supposed to happen in a courtyard, by walking just out of it and spamming magic in the boss's face while he stood there, frozen. then when he died he fell right through some concrete stairs and made its quest impossible to finish. it's utterly fascinating how npcs can't see through glass but you can happily fill them with lead through it.
i get all the money went into the city and all the set pieces, which have an unbelievable level of detail, but damn, the rest is barely a playable beta.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Some of the yellow exclamation marks lead to relatively interesting side quests with dialog, multiple parts, unique locations, etc. Others lead to the same type of thing you get with the police bounties and whatnot, just a bland enemy hunt. I wish there was a way to tell the difference.

Danikas

Arcane
Goyims breaking news there was some police ai being worked on but they 100% canned it here are the left overs

Means they can bring it back at least.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In the begining I wasnt really feeling for this game, the combat was clunky and I was mostly farming for street creeds on NCPD hotspots and doing side gigs after the biochip main mission. In the beginning, the side gigs were just a bunch of smalll side gigs, rescue ripper doc from gangers, rescue ganger from his ex gang, kill cyberpsycho, I was really afraid most of those missions would be just Ubisoft bs (NCPD hotspots are just Ubisoft bs), I was finding it okay at best, just cyber GTA until I got the more interesting gigs. I got a gig where I needed to kill the owner of a club, I imagined it would be just a fairly simple mission and blast a few gangster and be done like the ones before until I decided to make a few tests.

It was a two floor club where the target was on the second floor. In the beginning, I was thinking about just go guns blazing until I saw a side gate, got in there and got on a stairs up on a nearby building. There was a door in there where I could use technical ability to open but as I didnt have enough technical ability, I was thinking that I had no choice. Until I noticed, the club building was reasonably close to the building I was, so I jumped from the building I was into the roof of the nearby club. I headshot a guard in the balcony, then I realized I was right on the bedroom of the target, killed him and then it was mission over, if I wanted, I could leave the club and end the mission but I decided to just shoot the rest of the gangers and loot their shit. I'm not sure but that door I couldnt open on the nearby building, I bet I could go through there and one tap the target without even getting inside the club through his window. It was a nice level, sure, it is no sandbox Deus Ex or Dishonored level but it was in there that I realized the game wasnt just cyber GTA and it was actually a little incline from the overwhelming cutscene ridden main missions.

It was a pretty detailed little level for an open world game, if it was GTA, it would be just a shooting gallery from start to finish with scripted shit all over it and if you deviated a single bit from the path, it was mission over.This wasnt the only mission that offered multiple access routes but some smaller missions end so quickly that you barely notice if you go to eliminate the targets on a lethal way. Far more annoying than the pedestrian ai is the enemy ai, I grabbed a guy right in front of his dude and I just dragged him into the room behind me and he didnt get hostile immediately, WTF. It was a nice little incline on the middle of alot of popamole.
If the mission is in Kabuki, I know the one. I found an alternate way to get in through the balcony, if you first scale a neighboring building and jump from one air conditioner to the other until you reach the place. You can actually zip the guy as he watches through the second floor window, without ever entering the building.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
i get all the money went into the city and all the set pieces, which have an unbelievable level of detail, but damn, the rest is barely a playable beta.

Yea its already been said here but it does feel more and more like they spent 8 years working on graphics/art design/aesthetics and then maybe 1 or 2 years madly crunching out the actual game systems...

Very curious to see if we get an expose on Cyberpunk development at some point and it is revealed that the game was completely rebuilt from scratch sometime during the process. Cos its looking more and more like that happened. Or maybe its just a bunch of lazy AF Polacks?

Danikas

Arcane

Yea its already been said here but it does feel more and more like they spent 8 years working on graphics/art design/aesthetics and then maybe 1 or 2 years madly crunching out the actual game systems...

Very curious to see if we get an expose on Cyberpunk development at some point and it is revealed that the game was completely rebuilt from scratch sometime during the process. Cos its looking more and more like that happened. Or maybe its just a bunch of lazy AF Polacks?
I think creating realistic city with complex ai is much more difficult than what they have ever done with the witcher games I posted video above there are some leftovers of driving ai meaning they worked on it and wanted to have police like in gta but it was probably not ready for the release so they cut it and put this band aid solution with spawning cops behind you.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

I think creating realistic city with complex ai is much more difficult than what they have ever done with the witcher games I posted video above there are some leftovers of driving ai meaning they worked on it and wanted to have police like in gta but it was probably not ready for the release so they cut it and put this band aid soultion with spawning cops behind you.

Question is will all this stuff get fixed/properly implemented over the next few years? Or will we get some DLC filled with more variety of fluro spiked dildos and tranny fiction and CDPR go all in on Cyberpunk Online "Money Tree" Edition.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
In the begining I wasnt really feeling for this game, the combat was clunky and I was mostly farming for street creeds on NCPD hotspots and doing side gigs after the biochip main mission. In the beginning, the side gigs were just a bunch of smalll side gigs, rescue ripper doc from gangers, rescue ganger from his ex gang, kill cyberpsycho, I was really afraid most of those missions would be just Ubisoft bs (NCPD hotspots are just Ubisoft bs), I was finding it okay at best, just cyber GTA until I got the more interesting gigs. I got a gig where I needed to kill the owner of a club, I imagined it would be just a fairly simple mission and blast a few gangster and be done like the ones before until I decided to make a few tests.

It was a two floor club where the target was on the second floor. In the beginning, I was thinking about just go guns blazing until I saw a side gate, got in there and got on a stairs up on a nearby building. There was a door in there where I could use technical ability to open but as I didnt have enough technical ability, I was thinking that I had no choice. Until I noticed, the club building was reasonably close to the building I was, so I jumped from the building I was into the roof of the nearby club. I headshot a guard in the balcony, then I realized I was right on the bedroom of the target, killed him and then it was mission over, if I wanted, I could leave the club and end the mission but I decided to just shoot the rest of the gangers and loot their shit. I'm not sure but that door I couldnt open on the nearby building, I bet I could go through there and one tap the target without even getting inside the club through his window. It was a nice level, sure, it is no sandbox Deus Ex or Dishonored level but it was in there that I realized the game wasnt just cyber GTA and it was actually a little incline from the overwhelming cutscene ridden main missions.

It was a pretty detailed little level for an open world game, if it was GTA, it would be just a shooting gallery from start to finish with scripted shit all over it and if you deviated a single bit from the path, it was mission over.This wasnt the only mission that offered multiple access routes but some smaller missions end so quickly that you barely notice if you go to eliminate the targets on a lethal way. Far more annoying than the pedestrian ai is the enemy ai, I grabbed a guy right in front of his dude and I just dragged him into the room behind me and he didnt get hostile immediately, WTF. It was a nice little incline on the middle of alot of popamole.
If the mission is in Kabuki, I know the one. I found an alternate way to get in through the balcony, if you first scale a neighboring building and jump from one air conditioner to the other until you reach the place. You can actually zip the guy as he watches through the second floor window, without ever entering the building.

That was one of the first missions I did, walked up to the vending machines and was like, "Oh hey I can hack these for some reason," which immediately aggroed the whole building.

giphy.gif

Gargaune

Magister
I cannot believe they actively offered to refund on consoles.

I mean, that's common sense based on the Jank, but to see a developer outwardly -offer- to do that is mind-blowing.
I remember when I got Mass Effect 2 for free on Origin. I never played it, but I still think it was EA apologising for Dragon Age 2.

The game is more Deus Ex than the new deus exes[HR and MD] ever were.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Danikas

Arcane
Question is will all this stuff get fixed/properly implemented over the next few years? Or will we get some DLC filled with more variety of fluro spiked dildos and tranny fiction and CDPR go all in on Cyberpunk Online "Money Tree" Edition.
If they want multi bux they need npc chases without it they are worse than gta 4 online and there are this traces of ai left meaning they will probably bring it to singleplayer that's my hope at least. 100% they are going to add barbers and some tattoo shops as free dlc though.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
When the Fallout 76 debacle happened Bethesda refused to give anyone a refund, they just kept their lips tight and butthole clenched and eventually everyone forgot about it

Actually no one forgot about that
Their active player numbers has been steadily falling and their metacritic score is still shit
Beth's reputation in the industry has been pretty much tainted

I was gonna post my thoughts on the game overall, but I was busy studying for finals, and by now it'd be pointless.

What I will say is that I'm playing on an Xbone X and I'm liking the game enough to power through the performance issues and bugs and whatnot. The 1.04 patched helped a fair bit and gives me hope for this game's performance improving, but holy shit the game hates Lizzie's.

One really neat thing was that I accidentally drove a stolen car off a freeway ramp and into a flooded ditch that had another car in it, next to a dead guy with a log showing him drunk texting. He also had a purple jacket, so, that's neat. Felt like an organic moment of exploration and discovery.

Semiurge

Cipher
They plan to milk support this game for the next 6-7 years, minimum. Eventually they will rewrite and fix the AI, either as part of a gigaPatch or an expansion. It would be illogical for them not to try and fix this. This is not likely to happen for at least a year though, I'd guess.

Or they will realize that they won't have to, and they can do without the goodwill like Bethesda.

I bought Cyberpunk 2077 and all I have to show for it is a massive, ugly, uncircumcised cock--I can't even get laid in a strip club because there's no option to do so. I might as well move to Germany and hang out in coffee shops looking for Americans to shame and talk shit to about their refusal to adopt the metric system and universal healthcare.

I have approached countless prostitutes on the street and hit "F" to talk, but they don't offer me any pussy for sale. I have even hit up random women on the street, and nobody is offering me any paid or free pussy.

The only action I got was when I accidentally chose homosex in that one quest--the options presented me with two VERY ambiguous names--one was a guy, the other a girl and it offered ZERO context to intelligently figure out which was which. I didn't remember the scene from before and had no idea that I accidentally chose a guy instead of a girl. Pissed me the fuck off.

Had I known this, I would have opted for a circumcised cock.

Were you really expecting meaningful genitalia? I'm not gonna lie I wish there were some default penis options in the dialogue choices, but I can't say I was expecting the world to be reactive to my penis to begin with.

"Meaningful Genitalia" should be a username.

Danikas

Arcane
It was a pretty detailed little level for an open world game, if it was GTA, it would be just a shooting gallery from start to finish with scripted shit all over it and if you deviated a single bit from the path, it was mission over.This wasnt the only mission that offered multiple access routes but some smaller missions end so quickly that you barely notice if you go to eliminate the targets on a lethal way.
Yeah most gigs are pretty cool and have unique levels dedicated to them some are better than others but from what I noticed there are always at least 2 entry points (sometimes even 5) for you target and you can aproach them how you want most of the time you dont even need to kill your target just place his unconcious body in fixers car ala dishonored. For a Cdpr game this is a huge step up.

RRRrrr

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Goyims breaking news there was some police ai being worked on but they 100% canned it here are the left overs

Means they can bring it back at least.

Why aren't more people talking about this? This seems like the fully functional AI needed for police chases. Was it cut because of consoletards? The game runs horribly on consoles, i guess it was cut because it was too much for them. I mean, the police AI and car chases are in the game right now, just disabled?

Danikas

Arcane
Why aren't more people talking about this? This seems like the fully functional AI needed for police chases. Was it cut because of consoletards? The game runs horribly on consoles, i guess it was cut because it was too much for them. I mean, the police AI and car chases are in the game right now, just disabled?
My bet it was too buggy to put in the release version, in the badlands there are actually some militech patrols that will engage and chase you in their vehicles if your run people over. During delamain mission one of the taxis has some sort driving ai it avoided my car when I tried to block it.

Trains also exist as physical objects seems it wouldnt take much work to bring back the monorail, assets are all there and working in the world.

Last edited:

Glenda Glenn

Learned
This game looks and plays like a mixture of a looter-shooter with retarded bullet sponge enemies, floating damage numbers, fucking "legendary" items, lots of useless items to loot. Also, a bit of a poor man's GTA, mixed with Deus Ex. It claims to be an RPG and yet doesn't allow any role-playing. I have not seen a single moment that the player is allowed to have a tangible effect on the behavior of the PC. Aside from their superficial appearance, everything about them has already been established. They already know what they want and like it or not, you are simply pushed forward in the story the game wants to tell you. How is this role-playing? Also, how does one role-play in a game with no karma/morality/relationship system anyway? This isn't a bloody tabletop game which you play with other people who observe and judge your actions, in the absence of other players, you must have some system to track the effects of the player's actions on the PC as well as NPCs. How can you claim that you're "role-playing" if no one in the game reacts to what you've been doing? Even retarded Bethesda games have a simple relationship system that the player can influence FFS. Having multiple options to tackle a quest is NOT "role-playing" by the way, let's get that straight. Just because I have multiple transportation options to choose from to go to work, it doesn't mean that I'm "role-playing" every morning.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom