Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
Trains also exist as physical objects seems it wouldnt take much work to bring back the monorail, assets are all there and working in the world.
I've seen that monorail run by. There are also stations, but they are just part of the fast travel system.
The tracks are everywhere.
ePvcpCN.jpg

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
So, today I experienced a few bugs actually. The most severe one was with the reward you get from "Riders on the Storm". It seems the combination of not being able to use the gun because of attribute restrictions and an inventory that is just short of full killed my ability to use any weapons at all. It's scripted that your char equips the gun, which showed in my "inventory" pic, but of course the gun was blocked, because it has a "body" requirement my char didn't fulfill. I had to reload a save from before I got the weapon and clear out some space in my inventory for it not to bug out.

Also, I noticed I had never been to downtown (which is a different district from "City Center"). I went there, and I came to the conclusion I couldn't handle the mission I tried or the local gangsters. Yikes.

I also took a trip to some of the outer districts, and there I found weird random missions, shards completely without title or text and other unfinished business. It reminded me of Malachor V, just more boring.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
So checking resource monitor while looking at some heavy-ish scenes which get my fps down, turns out my CPU (3900x) is being rather well utilized and may be the limiting factor (a whole bunch of cores maxed out intermittently or close) but my GPU is pretty much asleep. Hrm.
I do have RT off so maybe that's part of it, but still. How is the GPU and CPU use for the rest of you?
Bizarrely, my CPU fans and case fans never speed up at all playing this game... So in spite of high utilization shown the CPU is not getting hot. Even when the framerate tanks. WTF

This also makes me wonder if the lack of simulation in the game and the missing/inactive a.i. features are due to how CPU heavy it already is. Question is, what the hell is the CPU even doing? Or is the game just reserving it as much as it can and causing issues that way?

Last edited:

simtam

Novice
The big story explores topics that are philosophically interesting, although they're related to the somewhat old-fashioned mise-en-scène of cyberpunk, which is almost quaint these days.

Cyberpunk is setting, though? mise-en-scène would be something more like that movie with the guy who fought the system by inserting dick frames into films.

Zer0wing

Cipher
My bet it was too buggy to put in the release version, in the badlands there are actually some militech patrols that will engage and chase you in their vehicles if your run people over. During delamain mission one of the taxis has some sort driving ai it avoided my car when I tried to block it.
I take it that fitting functional AI on consoles in time was considered a lost cause, we all saw that a simple alley shootout tanks framerate to 15 fps on either ps4 or xbox. Their pathfinding algorhitm might be too much for last gen hardware.
Trains also exist as physical objects seems it wouldnt take much work to bring back the monorail, assets are all there and working in the world.
Same. Yuge crowds in a tight moving collision box along with world streaming might be too taxing.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I take it that fitting functional AI on consoles in time was considered a lost cause, we all saw that a simple alley shootout tanks framerate to 15 fps on either ps4 or xbox. Their pathfinding algorhitm might be too much for last gen hardware.

Obvious reason they still released it on PS4 and XBO is obvious, but if they released this as a PS5/XS launch game (and PC of course) it would be getting a lot different reception and maybe would have done them better in the long run. Who knows though really, consumers tend to bitch and whine online but still play 100 hours and pre-order the next game.

KK1001

Arbiter
Features and code were most definitely stripped out at the last second to get it to run on last-gen consoles and weaker PCs.

To fix this game you're looking at, the very least:
- Fixing the police spawning and AI
- Fixing the pedestrians, especially their AI, dialogue with each other, driving, and reaction to crazy shit around them
- Fixing combat AI to be even moderately challenging.
- Squishing all the bugs

To restore any good will CDPR will have to go above and beyond::
- Add back in subways
- Add more mini games and misc. activities
- Adding new apartments to buy, character and vehicle customization

Mods will probably fix:
- Unbalanced loot and crafting system
- Boring skill tree system
- Lack of difficulty (I'm on hard I was doing 3,000 damage katana crits 30% of the time at level 12 and one-shotting nearly everything)

You are looking at a 2-3 year project of fixing what's here and adding in old features, for free, AND bringing out cheap expansions with more content.

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
To fix this game you're looking at, the very least:
- Fixing the police spawning and AI
- Fixing the pedestrians, especially their AI, dialogue with each other, driving, and reaction to crazy shit around them
- Fixing combat AI to be even moderately challenging.
- Squishing all the bugs

I think you're really underplaying how bad a state the game is in lol.
2-3 year project of fixing

Whilst they're also making a multiplayer cyberpunk title and the Witcher sequel. Not gonna happen.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wonder if it's any comfort for CDPR that user score keeps rising on Metacritic while the other one is dropping. Sure is good to hear employee bonus is no longer tied to that cancerous site.

Terra

Cipher
I expect PS4/XB1 versions to be stabilised as best they can in coming months but I reckon that both will ultimately be retired in favour of next gen only free enhanced editions. There's no way they'll want to continue fighting past gen hardware if they have any serious plans to build on the game moving forwards. Think I recall DA:Inquisition ultimately ditched last gen support for later dlcs, wouldn't be surprised to see a similar approach here, people will be pissed but if they get a promised free upgrade on their future plastic box of choice, it'll ultimately blow over.

Keshik

Arcane
Panam was a fun character, the mission to get Saul out was fun as well, although was laughing at how trivial it would have been if my character was built differently, you can just waltz in the escape tunnel get him and get out, maybe only having to drop 1 or 2 hostiles.

Trithne

Erudite
Well now the game doesn't run. Loaded my save and it crashed opening the map, then I tried a couple of other things and it would still crash a few seconds into play. Did a verify/repair and now it doesn't even get to the title screen. Back to work I guess

Funposter

Arcane
His voice is so incredibly shitty, it's like a westerner tried to do the most cliche Japanese accent.
Bruh that's an actual japanese actor speaking english seems most stereotypes are based on reality.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0437172/?ref_=tt_cl_t8
Cliche Japanese accents sounds like that because, well...have you listened to Japanese people try to speak English? Younger people tend to sound less like that now, because English teachers try to teach them the 'L' sound and get them to accentuate it, but many speakers (especially older) still have that "choppy" sound and rhythm to their speech.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Best bromance

photomode_16122020_03bdj0t.png
Ah yes Paul Denton San. I was really surprised at that last mission with him they don't even tell you about the secret ending. They at least tried it on its just a shame that the entire game wasn't like this. He is basically this games Paul Denton so I didn't mind him.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
His voice is so incredibly shitty, it's like a westerner tried to do the most cliche Japanese accent.
Bruh that's an actual japanese actor speaking english seems most stereotypes are based on reality.

Cliche Japanese accents sounds like that because, well...have you listened to Japanese people try to speak English? Younger people tend to sound less like that now, because English teachers try to teach them the 'L' sound and get them to accentuate it, but many speakers (especially older) still have that "choppy" sound and rhythm to their speech.

The funniest one I thought was when Johnny's being interrogated after the bombing, and the guy keeps asking "where did you get the fisso material?"

Black

Arcane

Not only that, but it takes them forever to say one short sentence. Yeesh.
I think it would've been better if they just let him speak Japanese and have your game ui translate it like the game already does whenever a latinx character throws in a token taco word.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
i get all the money went into the city and all the set pieces, which have an unbelievable level of detail, but damn, the rest is barely a playable beta.

Yea its already been said here but it does feel more and more like they spent 8 years working on graphics/art design/aesthetics and then maybe 1 or 2 years madly crunching out the actual game systems...

Very curious to see if we get an expose on Cyberpunk development at some point and it is revealed that the game was completely rebuilt from scratch sometime during the process. Cos its looking more and more like that happened. Or maybe its just a bunch of lazy AF Polacks?

From what I've read in the dim mists of the past (so I could be wrong) they had an earlier try at the game (when that really cool CGI teaser with the mantis claw girl came out) but scrapped it, so what we have now may not have been in 8 years of development. More like 3 or 4 probably.

Again, this is one of the complaints about CDPR's working practices - that they bin huge amounts of stuff and start over again quite often. I recall reading that the boss guy claimed it as a virtue, but to me it seems like bad management.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
This game looks and plays like a mixture of a looter-shooter with retarded bullet sponge enemies, floating damage numbers, fucking "legendary" items, lots of useless items to loot. Also, a bit of a poor man's GTA, mixed with Deus Ex. It claims to be an RPG and yet doesn't allow any role-playing. I have not seen a single moment that the player is allowed to have a tangible effect on the behavior of the PC. Aside from their superficial appearance, everything about them has already been established. They already know what they want and like it or not, you are simply pushed forward in the story the game wants to tell you. How is this role-playing? Also, how does one role-play in a game with no karma/morality/relationship system anyway? This isn't a bloody tabletop game which you play with other people who observe and judge your actions, in the absence of other players, you must have some system to track the effects of the player's actions on the PC as well as NPCs. How can you claim that you're "role-playing" if no one in the game reacts to what you've been doing? Even retarded Bethesda games have a simple relationship system that the player can influence FFS. Having multiple options to tackle a quest is NOT "role-playing" by the way, let's get that straight. Just because I have multiple transportation options to choose from to go to work, it doesn't mean that I'm "role-playing" every morning.

WHERE'S MY KARMA SYSTEM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE ME TODD HOWARD

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Started a male Nomad - man, the male voice acting for V is so much better than the female. I feel sorry for the female actress because it feels more like bad direction - she's trying to pump too much emotion into the lines too often, when really VO in games should, I think, be quite neutral in tone, because players' heads are going to read their own emotional tone into the voice acting. The director should have caught that, because she's obviously capable of delivering good lines in places.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This game looks and plays like a mixture of a looter-shooter with retarded bullet sponge enemies, floating damage numbers, fucking "legendary" items, lots of useless items to loot. Also, a bit of a poor man's GTA, mixed with Deus Ex. It claims to be an RPG and yet doesn't allow any role-playing. I have not seen a single moment that the player is allowed to have a tangible effect on the behavior of the PC. Aside from their superficial appearance, everything about them has already been established. They already know what they want and like it or not, you are simply pushed forward in the story the game wants to tell you. How is this role-playing? Also, how does one role-play in a game with no karma/morality/relationship system anyway? This isn't a bloody tabletop game which you play with other people who observe and judge your actions, in the absence of other players, you must have some system to track the effects of the player's actions on the PC as well as NPCs. How can you claim that you're "role-playing" if no one in the game reacts to what you've been doing? Even retarded Bethesda games have a simple relationship system that the player can influence FFS. Having multiple options to tackle a quest is NOT "role-playing" by the way, let's get that straight. Just because I have multiple transportation options to choose from to go to work, it doesn't mean that I'm "role-playing" every morning.

WHERE'S MY KARMA SYSTEM AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SAVE ME TODD HOWARD

Was about to say, I can't think of anything more awful than rep systems- especially telepathic ones (though I suppose in a game like this your "rep" could spread by cyber means) - and they do NOT scream "RPG" to me. RPG is a good progression system and C&C. Immersive sim adds multiple paths to do a thing. End of story. Anything else, if developers can pull it off, is just gravy.

Also factions, factions are always terrible but some people seem to love them and many developers seem to feel obliged to stick them in their games.

(*sigh* I suppose I should play that Troika vampire game, which apparently does factions well, but I can't stand vampire stuff.)

Also, why do people keep saying "bullet sponge enemies?" In my game (played on Hard), I haven't seen any bullet sponge enemies of the kind that were shown in some of those early vids that came out (apart from skulls and bosses obvs). Git gud.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
Started a male Nomad - man, the male voice acting for V is so much better than the female. I feel sorry for the female actress because it feels more like bad direction - she's trying to pump too much emotion into the lines too often, when really VO in games should, I think, be quite neutral in tone, because players' heads are going to read their own emotional tone into the voice acting. The director should have caught that, because she's obviously capable of delivering good lines in places.
Male V is much better listen to his dialogue in the heist mission very convincing.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Male V is much better listen to his dialogue in the heist mission very convincing.

Having sex with a male vagina just doesn't sit right with me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom