Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HUMANKIND - Amplitude's historical turn-based strategy

L'ennui

Magister
It probably won't outsell Civ, but I hope it will end up the better game – if only to force Firaxis into making an even better Civ down the road.
I rated "Fabulously Optimistic" not because I don't think it will end up the better game. That's almost a given. But you are hopelessly naive if you think anything will force Firaxis into making a good Civ game again.

Yeah, yeah, I know, this is the most prestigious RPG Codex, where nothing can ever be good or enjoyable, especially if it's popular like Civ. I see you are acclimating well, newfag, but no need to involve me in your antics unless you have an actual opinion to share. The hivemind doesn't need another parrot.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, yeah, I know, this is the most prestigious RPG Codex, where nothing can ever be good or enjoyable, especially if it's popular like Civ. I see you are acclimating well, newfag, but no need to involve me in your antics unless you have an actual opinion to share. The hivemind doesn't need another parrot.
Wait, let me get this straight: You actually think Civ 6 is good? For real?

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I had no interest in this game, but that trailer made me actively hate this woke piece of shit now

Agree, its such blatant propaganda and bigotry of low expectations: lets have 'people of color' appropriate HUWYTE culture because of course we cant imagine bleck people making their own equivalent of Western civilization, nah thats not demeaning at all? Its genuinely funny how racist these SJWs are while they furiously virtue signal to one another.

So yea fuck this game and the blue haired horse it rode in on.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I had no interest in this game, but that trailer made me actively hate this woke piece of shit now

Agree, its such blatant propaganda and bigotry of low expectations: lets have 'people of color' appropriate HUWYTE culture because of course we cant imagine bleck people making their own equivalent of Western civilization, nah thats not demeaning at all? Its genuinely funny how racist these SJWs are while they furiously virtue signal to one another.

At this point in human histroy why do you even care. The whole LGBT+ craze is a self-propagating phenomenon, which will stop existing at the very time it reaches its goal. Because once they lose their status as victims, which enables them to attack anyone without repercrussions, they will be judged on their actual merits, which may or may not be very lackluster.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

At this point in human histroy why do you even care. The whole LGBT+ craze is a self-propagating phenomenon, which will stop existing at the very time it reaches its goal. Because once they lose their status as victims, which enables them to attack anyone without repercrussions, they will be judged on their actual merits, which may or may not be very lackluster.

If I cant rant and shake my fist at clouds what is the point of being alive?

flyingjohn

Arcane
This might be the most woke game i have ever seen.
White males are completely scrubbed from the game.You only get Black/Asians and white women.
Lucy is your default choice as a leader.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
White males are completely scrubbed from the game.You only get Black/Asians and white women.
PEOPLEKIND

lightbane

Arcane
which will stop existing at the very time it reaches its goal.
If that happens, because they're being artificially kept in power for what's getting half a decade, if not more.

Really? Is that from the early access version? Source?

flyingjohn

Arcane
which will stop existing at the very time it reaches its goal.
If that happens, because they're being artificially kept in power for what's getting half a decade, if not more.

Really? Is that from the early access version? Source?

You can check potatowhiskey lucy build stream.
Every single white person looks middle eastern/asian and most artwork has women of color in front as the leader.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The worst thing about ES2, outside of bugs and ai, was imo all the space niggers forced upon you all the time with often no way to keep them in check outside of meta. I'm sure they'll have a field day with refugees welcome and blissful integration in this game.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Of course. As it is, sharing borders with other civs feeds you benefits via "osmosis events". :lol:

covr

Prophet
Patron
Shit, I've bought it and had opportunity to play 'Lucy' open dev scenario. It is basically first couple of eras with most (if not every) civilization choice implemented.

It was good, neanderthal era is short and boring, but not as boring as Caveman 2 cosmos. It starts slow, then new mechanics and features opens up during the game play. It is a nice touch.

UI still need a lot of love in terms of functionality, diplomacy was a bit odd and some of the art is missing, but I think that in 4 months we should receive a great game on the Civ4 level. Then they will probably ruin it with DLC's and SJW crap.

flyingjohn

Arcane
It was good, neanderthal era is short and boring, but not as boring as Caveman 2 cosmos. It starts slow, then new mechanics and features opens up during the game play. It is a nice touch.

Almost any game is quicker and more interesting then caveman to boredom.
How is the ai? Can it at least kill some of your units or is it "you loose 1 unit while the ai looses 50".

only thing c2c needs it to cut 90% of the buildings and make them into boni unlocked on research. other than that, pace is perfectly fine u_u

so i put my dirty paws on the demo.
unity. fuck off. this means extremely long loading times, memory leaks galore and ram requirements through the roof. no way to expect any meaningful extensive modding.
first of all, mandatory unskippable video from some ugly bloke about "this is not representative of the final quality" and then proceedes with the two most blatant, glaring gestures of a liar. the kind of signs you can't ignore even if you don't know what they mean. the interface is full of scattered informations put everywhere they're not useful, screens on screens filled with undescribable icons, their tooltips verbose and unclear. the game keeps from endless legend its two worst aspect: regions and enemies moving during your turn. it's the fourth game they've been keeping the latter. what's wrong with humanity? how can you be THIS retarded? combat is like endless legend on a smaller amount of tiles, but without magic and fancy stuff of course it's going to be mercilessly dull. i won a fight and i've been forced to choose among an as limited as unremarkable selection of ancient civilizations, among whose there weren't romans.
and then the game crashed.

holy shit, 2020 is the thief who keeps on taking away.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Almost any game is quicker and more interesting then caveman to boredom.
How is the ai? Can it at least kill some of your units or is it "you loose 1 unit while the ai looses 50".

AI was not very aggressive on normal difficulty. In fact,AI unit movement it was rather chaotic and mindless. Keep in mind that I like turtling, so my interaction with other civs was limited. However I've experienced some smart and aggressive diplomacy actions from one neighboring civ. It was something non existent in previous Amplitude games. Basically one leader established an outpost near my border and I've tried to force him into giving me that outpost, because I am stronger and it is almost my land. He refused, so I've destroyed his outpost and small army. After that he demanded a 100 gold as repayment for his loss of an soldier.

covr

Prophet
Patron
so i put my dirty paws on the demo.
unity. fuck off. this means extremely long loading times, memory leaks galore and ram requirements through the roof. no way to expect any meaningful extensive modding.
first of all, mandatory unskippable video from some ugly bloke about "this is not representative of the final quality" and then proceedes with the two most blatant, glaring gestures of a liar. the kind of signs you can't ignore even if you don't know what they mean. the interface is full of scattered informations put everywhere they're not useful, screens on screens filled with undescribable icons, their tooltips verbose and unclear. the game keeps from endless legend its two worst aspect: regions and enemies moving during your turn. it's the fourth game they've been keeping the latter. what's wrong with humanity? how can you be THIS retarded? combat is like endless legend on a smaller amount of tiles, but without magic and fancy stuff of course it's going to be mercilessly dull. i won a fight and i've been forced to choose among an as limited as unremarkable selection of ancient civilizations, among whose there weren't romans.
and then the game crashed.

holy shit, 2020 is the thief who keeps on taking away.

-Bitch please, I play the game on 7 years old mid-end pc on max settings and it runs flawlessly.
-The intro video is unskippable only for the first run of the game. Oh, and that guy is Amplitude's lead writer and narrative director.
-As for the UI, it can be definitely confusing for casual games and needs a lot of love.
-Combat is a disappointment so far, but I am still playing early eras.

-Bitch please, I play the game on 7 years old mid-end pc on max settings and it runs flawlessly.

So does Endless Legend, until you get into the later eras by which point it takes a huge amount of time to compute a turn. No reason to expect it's different here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom