Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
I think some of you need to learn how to drive I do it in first person all the time and it feel's good. This is not a racing game but the driving itself is good enough for me to just drive around the town doing nothing.

:positive:

Watch and learn.

The camera is too low. They probably want to make you watch their "awesome" steering wheel animation, but in most cars you cannot even see the road in front of you, and if there's the slightest dip down of the road, you drive completely blind. And most of that driving in that video is done on long straight roads, which isn't an issue.
Props for driving that car though. It's one of the freebies, right? I tried it once and went back to the motorbike.
Edit: On closer inspection, it's probably a different car from what I had in mind.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I noticed that Fingers ripperdock had also hovermode but it is was too rich for my blood...
I kinda sorta can't uuuuh purchase from him anymore.
No way I let him tasteful fingerrape my V
As for the leg mod: yes the charged mod is better, but I still got buyers remorse, since there always countless ways of not-needing them. Also peasants think me landing after a charged jump is an attack and flee. :hahano:

It's funny tho when the quest NPC says "we need to climb over dis fence", you just jump over it and he spawns right beside you afterwards.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Yooooooo, the Panam sex scene
where V's fucking her in a hover tank while both are 'plugged in' and experiencing everything
is good sci-fi fun.

Perkel

Arcane
Rumor for now but apparently 77 sold 15mln copies including preorders (8mln preorders is already confirmed by CDPR)

If this is true then:
https://gameworldobserver.com/2020/...-sells-15-million-copies-pre-orders-included/
Developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games, the critically acclaimed open world action-adventure video game sold 11.21 million units in its first 24 hours, and generated revenue of $815.7 million (£511.8 million), going on to reach $1 billion (£624.45 million) in sales after just three days on September 20 2013.

It will be officially best launch of any game ever beating even GTA5, that won't be beat probably until GTA6

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In the beginning those enemies hacking you from miles away through walls, while all cameras are down make you rage. Later YOU clear the whole map on a button press without even seeing enemies even on the highest difficulty, making all non-boss enemies non-existent.
Xbawx kiddies might go "lol look mum how awsome I am lol", but godmode sucks the fun out of a game for me.:obviously:
EVERYTHING this game is so broken unbalanced. It's either shit or godmode, nothing inbetween.
I feel like the stealth mechanics start out as too easy for a skilled player, and from then on the devs just don't know what to offer you in terms of upgrades except stuff like wallhacks and bullet time

I hate it when games go "crouched = totally silent" like Hitman on non-expert difficulty and that poz Dishonored.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Yooooooo, the Panam sex scene
where V's fucking her in a hover tank while both are 'plugged in' and experiencing everything
is good sci-fi fun.

It reminded me of that scene from GitS, where Batou gets feedback from the bits he doesn't have.

Except no one puked.

Robber Baron

Savant
It will be officially best launch of any game ever beating even GTA5, that won't be beat probably until GTA6

Well to be fair GTAV initially launched only on 2 platforms, as opposed to CP
We also dont know how many of those ended up as refunds

Perkel

Arcane
I feel like the stealth mechanics start out as too easy for a skilled player, and from then on the devs just don't know what to offer you in terms of upgrades except stuff like wallhacks and bullet time I hate it when games go "crouched = totally silent" like Hitman on non-expert difficulty and that poz Dishonored.

yeah it starts as too easy but it builds up over time. In my playtrough as netrunner i died easily 40-50 times mostly because i fucked up stealth and run out of quick-hacks leaving me with dudes who can one shot me. It is later on when i invested into RAM cap and better op soft that i could actually ditch a bit stealth an walk into base without firing single shot while everyone in chaos. My favorite part of netrunning is using cyberpsychosis on enemy snipers or tanks. Everyone is so focused then on fighting that i can just run around behind them where i want.

I also noticed that AI sometimes glitches out and Alert state doesn't look that much different from non alert state. In most of circumstances when you are found out whole base goes into alert mode like in MGS5 where they start to patrol stuff but on occasions

Well to be fair GTAV initially launched only on 2 platforms, as opposed to CP We also dont know how many of those ended up as refunds

If what you said would be logical then more games would beat GTA5 since that time. Even RDR2 didn't beat it and that was preem rockstar game with full might of Rockstar PR.

Perkel

Arcane
Also worth noting about stealth and net-running:

"IT IS TOO EASY"

presses F5 every few seconds

i am guilty of that, if not for quicksave/load i would easily die 200-300 times. Fucking hate playing non hardcore but i have weak will to not use features presented. Hope they add hardcore mode where you have only one save and can't go back to pre-alert phase.

Last edited:

Turjan

Arcane
Last session, my V experienced one of those scripted blackouts. After that and a conversation, he went out through the camp and picked up a mission that sent him all the way into town. I drove there with the motorbike and picked up some other vehicle on the way. Only when I checked out V's weapons in the inventory after he had arrived in town, I noticed that he had been running around completely naked for quite a while. Which shows how little that matters.

Perkel

Arcane
That's just whataboutism, the fact is that GTAV launched on 2 platforms, while CP2077 on 5

That is some strong dose of copium you took in order to downsize success in comparison to literally best launch in gaming history not beaten in what ? 7 years ? And in this time there were 10s of big games released on even more platforms that cyberpunk.

The more logical argument is that there are way more people playing games now than 7 years ago. Which is why i said that GTA6 will probably beat it. I wouldn't be surpirsed if it sold 30mln-40mln copies day 1.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Fell asleep to that. Sweet sounds of rightful disgust.

I wonder if this will make you forgive Chris Davis for that one statement in his Deus Ex review.

orcinator

Liturgist
Because the game balance breaks so early and easily there is nothing to challenge these toys you get.

Overlevelled enemies are always a threat
Overleveled enemies are best dispatched with a sniper rifle and wallhacks, the former can be found easily and the latter is there from the start and require 0 stat investment (you can even skip the wallhacks and try doing regular ol peekaboo since the enemies aren't that responsive)
And it's not like you can fight them without cheeze unless you luck out and it's a melee only group.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane

Fell asleep to that. Sweet sounds of rightful disgust.

I wonder if this will make you forgive Chris Davis for this one statement in his Deus Ex review.

This is the guy that got triggered by a word indian in call of juarez nice content you post :D. Can I have a tldr of this because I wont bother watching him what is his problem? From what I remember he sucked witcher 3 dick and this game is no diffrent from witcher 3 (In some ways its way better witcher 3 didnt even have a stealth system and even worse ai). Sounds to me he jumped to bandwagon quick because the current sheep consensus is Cyberpunk BAD. Sheep opinion on the glitcher series is GLITCHER GOOD so he posts shit like this:

Really funny how fickle sheep are especially when cyberpunk has the most fun moment to moment gameplay I played in Cdpr game and I played them all expect the mobile shovelware.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If what you said would be logical then more games would beat GTA5 since that time.

That's just whataboutism, the fact is that GTAV launched on 2 platforms, while CP2077 on 5

8 actually (PS4/PRO, XONE/X, PS5, XSS/X, PC). Doesn't really matter because there are many overlaps in the consumer base (people bought PC, PS4, PS4PRO and PS5 over the course of a decade).
It is however a mitigating circumstance when base last-gen performance is judged (although they should have dropped the textures and models even more to prevent below 20 FPS drops and proper LOD streaming).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This is the guy that got triggered by a word indian in call of juarez nice content you post :D. Can I have a tldr of this because I wont bother watching him what is his problem? From what I remember he sucked witcher 3 dick and this game is no diffrent from witcher 3 (In some ways its way better witcher 3 didnt even have a stealth system and even worse ai).

True. I don't have an opinion about the story yet and the world atmosphere might just be a draw. But combat, stealth, character development mechanics seem to be miles ahead in this.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Can I have a tldr of this because I wont bother watching him what is his problem?
Many little things, like the mini-map, but mostly the AI of cars and NPCs and the lack of interactivity with the world. He thinks the world is shallow, artificial and empty. He doesn't like the shooting and character development systems.

Basically besides the graphics and the story he thinks it's a shallow, subpar game that fell victim to feature creep.

orcinator

Liturgist
EVERYTHING this game is so broken unbalanced. It's either shit or godmode, nothing inbetween.

This has been my main problem with the game, the devs spent all their effort on making dozens of gang fights but not one of them presents an interesting challenge besides sometimes getting more money for stealthing it (and stealth is braindead too).

Most interesting thing you can do is press F to pick a dialogue option and hope it has some impact (and the impact isn't fake like for example the little girl in the championship brawl against giga nigga, if you talk to coach about taking a fall she'll appear and give a sob story about her dad, if you decline the conversation you'll see her after you win [fight is easy as piss, just takes forever if you're underleveled and purposefully ignore perks] and she'll act like she talked to you.

Danikas

Arcane
Many little things, like the mini-map, but mostly the AI of cars and NPCs and the lack of interactivity with the world. He thinks the world is shallow, artificial and empty
Congratulations you just described witcher 3/2/1, btw you can disable minimap because for the first time ever in their games they implemented objective marker on your screen so you know where to go without minimap.

He doesn't like the shooting and character development systems.
Combat much better than in any witcher game same with character development systems.

Basically besides the graphics and the story he thinks it's a shallow, subpar game that fell victim to feature creep.
His opinion but how can he say this game is shallow and praise witcher series? You know that I enjoy witcher series too xD but to call cyberpunk shallow and then praise witcher series as best ever is just :
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom