Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Installation and setup is covered in my guide (Setup explains what shaders I use, everything else is easy enough to install).
Typo here at top of your Morrowind++ README:

Morrowind++ is the result of years of five years of modding Morrowind, looking up guides, installing mods, troubleshooting, and engaging with other users (modders and end users alike).

EDIT: I will say you wrote some excellent documentation.

potatojohn

Arcane
Vaxmr8G.png

VZSZHTg.png

E28vQqR.png

Uuq6E17.png

Fubm8tR.png

RCxadPE.png

SOWGn5Y.png

imJ5wTc.png

9gPrAbF.png

QYBDu7f.png

Bn3eNuJ.png

UEerjc6.png

oFfmsrA.png

C7Nw3Yf.png

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thi4f

If I would feel generous, I would say that it's a watered Thief 3, but it's not even that. The AAA production that tries to be Thief but it fails. Even Dishonored felt to me better in stealth department. The tools of course are locked and you have to move onward with the story to have the whole set, to finally start venturing through city, which feels really claustrophobic. The developers have implemented a lot of ventilation shafts, like I was in some Batman rip-off. Of course those paths were mostly the most optimal. There is also Focus, which is basically Bat vision, and we are forced to use if we want to save a lot of time. The city felt to me like Arkham City, more oriented in vertical availability to omit the danger, than to go on the ground to find your next objective.

The side missions, while interesting, are even smaller and can be finished in 5 to 10 minutes at best. For the most of the game I used only water arrows and didn't have had to buy anything anyway. If you really need something, it will be included on the new map. What is "amazing", that this is a stealth game without the ability to jump. Garret is like a Doom space marine now. All actions are context-only - you can traverse, mantle, hide behind or climb only the entities marked by designers. I forgot about the rope arrows. They can be shot only at special rope-wrapped logs sticking out of certain buildings and ancient caves. Just so you don't get confused, trying to break the path or something. Also, there are immersive interaction sequences. Everything you grab or do is being animated. This gets old rather quick, when every penny is being taken like a jewel of ancient Nile. The guards haven't impressed me. If you finished earlier titles, they will not create big problems. Usually the developers went for bigger numbers, when they felt that they need to make it more difficult.

The story is a mess, and the writers didn't knew in what direction go. Sometimes it's dark, sometimes edgy, humorous and with some extra AAA bombastic moments. There are some little details to original trilogy, but everything felt to me more plain and normal, like a strange Victorian setting that is really forgettable. You can finish everything once, and there is nothing that could encourage you to replay it.

I finished it once before retiring my good old Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2,4GHz rig this year, and the optimization was the best thing about it.

shipping-thiefgame2012lk49.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201rnkh3.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201oljbb.jpg

shipping-thiefgame20170jko.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201lyjvk.jpg

shipping-thiefgame2011kjwz.jpg

shipping-thiefgame2015dkzz.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201u1jiw.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201u3kmp.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201fej0m.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201f7j8i.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201bxkby.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201fgjq6.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201blkdu.jpg

shipping-thiefgame20157kgk.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201nwkfm.jpg

Learned
How's Omikron? I have it in my wishlist for ages but never bought it.

To this day it's my favorite "bad game", if it makes sense. Its FPS and fighting segments are weird and the adventure mode is chock full of silly puzzles. And that's without getting to the plot.

It may be worth it for chump change on GOG/Steam for the bizarre and unique experience alone.

Ivan

Arcane
this was a welcome surprise, although I guess it shouldn't have been since I've enjoyed all of the Remedy games i've played
459F03B75A1E1D6DE3CCB055B909471CDFFC632C

good hair
DFD28C2FC47F3079809C5F3704ACE3C75E776BE1

CF030DBC0183C5ABD128FBC60243E7F4A4AF038F

CDEEF0EFCEDB69A72768F964EFEA9A81FAC6399C

asynchronous jesse best jesse <3

lightbane

Arcane
CP sure looks ugly by making everyone look like a freak. I suppose it's intended though.

turkishronin

Arcane
Thi4f

If I would feel generous, I would say that it's a watered Thief 3, but it's not even that. The AAA production that tries to be Thief but it fails. Even Dishonored felt to me better in stealth department. The tools of course are locked and you have to move onward with the story to have the whole set, to finally start venturing through city, which feels really claustrophobic. The developers have implemented a lot of ventilation shafts, like I was in some Batman rip-off. Of course those paths were mostly the most optimal. There is also Focus, which is basically Bat vision, and we are forced to use if we want to save a lot of time. The city felt to me like Arkham City, more oriented in vertical availability to omit the danger, than to go on the ground to find your next objective.

The side missions, while interesting, are even smaller and can be finished in 5 to 10 minutes at best. For the most of the game I used only water arrows and didn't have had to buy anything anyway. If you really need something, it will be included on the new map. What is "amazing", that this is a stealth game without the ability to jump. Garret is like a Doom space marine now. All actions are context-only - you can traverse, mantle, hide behind or climb only the entities marked by designers. I forgot about the rope arrows. They can be shot only at special rope-wrapped logs sticking out of certain buildings and ancient caves. Just so you don't get confused, trying to break the path or something. Also, there are immersive interaction sequences. Everything you grab or do is being animated. This gets old rather quick, when every penny is being taken like a jewel of ancient Nile. The guards haven't impressed me. If you finished earlier titles, they will not create big problems. Usually the developers went for bigger numbers, when they felt that they need to make it more difficult.

The story is a mess, and the writers didn't knew in what direction go. Sometimes it's dark, sometimes edgy, humorous and with some extra AAA bombastic moments. There are some little details to original trilogy, but everything felt to me more plain and normal, like a strange Victorian setting that is really forgettable. You can finish everything once, and there is nothing that could encourage you to replay it.

I finished it once before retiring my good old Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2,4GHz rig this year, and the optimization was the best thing about it.

shipping-thiefgame2012lk49.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201rnkh3.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201oljbb.jpg

shipping-thiefgame20170jko.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201lyjvk.jpg

shipping-thiefgame2011kjwz.jpg

shipping-thiefgame2015dkzz.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201u1jiw.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201u3kmp.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201fej0m.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201f7j8i.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201bxkby.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201fgjq6.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201blkdu.jpg

shipping-thiefgame20157kgk.jpg

shipping-thiefgame201nwkfm.jpg

much fog
so steampunk

DraQ

Arcane
Imagine unironically thinking chromatic aberration looks good.
Chromatic aberration is unironically the least offensive of kewl graphics fads to date.
What's worse?
Everything.

Imagine unironically thinking chromatic aberration looks good.
Chromatic aberration is unironically the least offensive of kewl graphics fads to date.
What's worse?

Heavy bloom and motion blur.
Also DoF (I hate DoF so much), misused, plastic-like specular, and pretty much everything since planar shockwaves were a fad.

HansDampf

Arcane
Neither of those give me headaches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom