Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
So I went for a brawler build and being unable to find a nice iconic blunt weapon I kept upgrading the trashiest tire iron... now I'm only at level 8 and my tire iron has 400 DPS. This was not what I expected.

Hellion

Arcane
An ashtray floating in mid-air or a car jumping over a building are indeed "glitches" per se.

The game constantly crashing after character creation, or trying to talk to Jackie during the intro and 2 seconds later your wife leaves you for a young African man, are bugs.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I like how every shill out there is now saying that they encountered "glitches" but no bugs. Just "glitches".
Actually it's you and the other tryhards are dialing up full cope mode, all people have to report is memeworthy stuff like T-posing and wonky PhysX launching stuff into space, slow LoD upadting at worst. A nothing about outright gamebreaking stuff (there are, alot). You all sound like the worst part of day-1 F:NV was Doctor Mitchell rolling his head or dogs' eyes floating around the body, ingoring actual problems. You're part of the problem and secret CDPR shill.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Thing with state it's in is that I'm still not sure whether I discovered a quest where 'come today' did indeed mean 'within this day/night cycle', rather than 'during day time at any point between now and locking side quests', or whether it was flat out bugged in either not triggering a mission or the event happening. The sense of time in this game is all over the place regardless.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I cleared the map without even 1 quest/progression breaking bug so its ok to call them glitches in my book.

From a programmer standpoint, a glitch is code working normally, but caught in a temporary situation where it produces an error. A bug is a fault in the code.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Just play the SRR games if CP2077 isn't up your alley.
Not open-ended enough. We need to spend another 312000000$ to essentially remake this.
1163748572-00.jpg

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
finally managed to finish the cyberpsychos quest
didnt expect much and thats exactly what i got

Turjan

Arcane
I got forced into combat with Woodman, perhaps because I had explored the back offices, locker room, security terminal (except his) before talking with Tom. He (and all the surviving guards) was immediately hostile upon opening his office door (after Talking to Tom and getting quest tab to negotiate with him).
I also had no options. Then again, I had flatlined the whole location at that point. I guess he must have taken that personally.

For some reason, Judy wasn't interested in having me solve any follow-up quests.

SoupNazi

It's a bad game, but pretty good interactive movie. The characters and the story are pretty good. Writing is above average, at least in the main story parts and important "side" jobs. I don't care about the bugs much, and I honestly haven't even encountered that many. Driving is shit, and combat can be fun but it the AI is atrocious and it just becomes way too easy because of that. Spoilers galore, these are my own clips, all on very hard difficulty:

https://streamable.com/inmykt
https://streamable.com/s1uda0
https://streamable.com/jtdsiq
https://streamable.com/co46g5

The blades spec is especially making things way too easy. In the last (heavy spoilers) you can see that I actually had to resist just killing the boss with the katana in like 5 slashes and instead went around killing minions and shit just to prolong it a little bit. If they put the combat and movement from Ghostrunner (another recent cyberpunk game) in this, and got rid of the open world and instead made it hub or level based, it could easily be a great game as well. As it is, it's worth a playthrough but probably not for the asking price. I didn't buy into the hype at all, in fact I thought it was gonna be shit for the last year or so when the marketing really started picking up, so I was in the end pleasantly surprised. If I was hyped I probably would have asked for a refund about halfway in the game.

The Good:
- visuals
- music
- story
- characters

The Bad:
- driving
- AI
- combat (except for when you fully level pistols/revolvers)
- difficulty / lack of challenge
- any and all RPG systems
- the open world (completely pointless)

The Ugly:
- music direction
- lack of C&C sans 1 or 2 exceptions

Yoomazir

Educated

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
STOP. LYING. THIS. IS. THE. BEST. DRIVING. SIMULATION. EVER. IT IS SOOO REALISTIC AND LIFELIKE, YOU WON'T EVEN NOTICE IT'S A GAME! RACING SIMS CAN PACK THEIR FUCKING BAGS! CDPR COOKED THEIR GOOSE!
]

It's true m8.

Word is that Shuhei Yoshida phoned Kazanoru Yamauchi up, called him a massive bender and his ps5 game a bag of shit. Because he said there's a new REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR in town.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom