Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Melcar

Arcane

overly excitable young man

The worst thing about the fucking game are the markers on the map that indicate where you find quests.
Makes the whole open world aspect obsolete.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I was referring to your claim that the SRR games were not open-ended enough (which they aren't) for you to consider them over CP2077 for your Cyberpunk fix.
No, of course it's not. But remembering the older SR game is important to know that gameplay in modern titles is stagnating, yet budgets are growing.
In order for them to properly cosplay CP2077, they need to display their "enhanced" genitalia.
Well cum to onlyfans/patreon rips.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Thing with state it's in is that I'm still not sure whether I discovered a quest where 'come today' did indeed mean 'within this day/night cycle', rather than 'during day time at any point between now and locking side quests', or whether it was flat out bugged in either not triggering a mission or the event happening. The sense of time in this game is all over the place regardless.

That's a big gripe for me, although it seems to be a general problem that all these types of games often have (esp Bethesda and their MQs). If you rattle through the MQ sections here and headcanon that it's urgent (as I did in my first char, short of the last couple of qs to finish), the presentation of the storytelling aspect of it is actually very nice, even brilliant in places. But on this char, I've been at the stage just before the Heist and I've spent, I dunno, about 3 in-game days clearing stuff in Northside, and I haven't heard a peep from Dex or anybody about the urgency of doing the Heist. I would expect some sort of call like, "C'mon, wtf are you playing at?" Similar thing happens after the Heist events.

OK game, so you want me to be invested in a sense of urgency for the story, cool, but if you're also providing me with an open world game, you need to let me know when I can stop suspending disbelief with the main story and get into pottering about in the open world, or you need to not let me potter about in the open world until there's breathing space in the story. It's very immersion breaking if no provision is made for this.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

It's "Neither, i'll pick BloodRayne"?

Too late
DtQUYx0XoAASU7H.jpg:large

DtQUYx0X4AA8djK.jpg

The worst thing about the fucking game are the markers on the map that indicate where you find quests.
i find worse the lack of any kind of randomness. i mean, cyberpunk is meant to be DANGEROUS, turn a corner, get jumped and lose a kidney. in this game you never ever feel threatened.

Renevent

Cipher
finally managed to finish the cyberpsychos quest
didnt expect much and thats exactly what i got
The long form quests are pretty stupid. Drove around collecting the tarot cards and boy what a fucking waste.

I just looked up the reward for that one...guess I'll be ignoring them for now on.

Seriously...a fucking dreamcatcher to hang over our bed?!?!?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
i find worse the lack of any kind of randomness. i mean, cyberpunk is meant to be DANGEROUS, turn a corner, get jumped and lose a kidney. in this game you never ever feel threatened.

I don't know whether it's a bug or feature, but I was just doing that Regina quest where you have to rescue the BD editor with the blonde dreads from the Mox who went crazy. This time doing that quest, a couple of Maelstrom red skulls entered the building hunting for me just after I downed the psycho Mox - that didn't happen in my other playthrough. I've no idea whether this is a bug or the result of me pissing off Maelstrom so much that they sent some people after me. It would be nice to know. Nevertheless it was a welcome surprise, and quite challenging to deal with.

I suspect that as some are saying there are quite a few unfinished systems in the game that they cleaned out incompletely prior to release.

Renevent

Cipher
Crossing the road is pretty dangerous...drivers in 2077 appear to be not all that concerned with pedestrians.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I wouldn't swear to it, but I think you can filter the markers out on the map page. I seem to recall fiddling with the map and getting them to disappear but I might be mis-remembering.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Threatened by what? Most of the game content is the player hunting down gangers and cyberpsychos. You are by far the most dangerous thing in Night City, outside of the bugs.

I just looked up the reward for that one...guess I'll be ignoring them for now on.

Seriously...a fucking dreamcatcher to hang over our bed?!?!?

Hahahahahaha.

Who said you couldn't customize your apartment?

Vatnik Wumao
They're a necessary evil for this sort of open world format. Otherwise most people wouldn't stumble upon them given that there aren't any incentives to aimlessly explore the whole map.

overly excitable young man

They're a necessary evil for this sort of open world format. Otherwise most people wouldn't stumble upon them given that there aren't any incentives to aimlessly explore the whole map.
Then that kind of open world format is just flawed as its an open world that prevents exploration.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Then remove fucking main quest markers too, nigger! Fucking "rpg games"

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
What more there is to even talk about? The game is shit, business as usual (bugs, memes, ppl in denial, memes, more memes), let's call it a day and get back under our rocks.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

I don't know whether it's a bug or feature, but I was just doing that Regina quest where you have to rescue the BD editor with the blonde dreads from the Mox who went crazy. This time doing that quest, a couple of Maelstrom red skulls entered the building hunting for me just after I downed the psycho Mox - that didn't happen in my other playthrough. I've no idea whether this is a bug or the result of me pissing off Maelstrom so much that they sent some people after me. It would be nice to know. Nevertheless it was a welcome surprise, and quite challenging to deal with.

I suspect that as some are saying there are quite a few unfinished systems in the game that they cleaned out incompletely prior to release.

Pretty sure I remember that as one of the many, MANY missing features they discussed pre-release. That certain NPCs would track you around the map. Actually the merc system from Ass Breed Odd-a-see would have worked quite well in this game, some bad mother effer NPCs that roam the map and can get paid to track you down dead or alive. In fact they could have ditched the pathetic GTA police system and just used that instead.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Combat seems slightly unbalanced. I wandered in a zone higher level than the start at lv 1 and found 2 criminals with lv 3 bounty and 1 corrupted cop talking with them. After 6-7 attempts to gun them down and being flatlined, i used a grenade to make them fall and stun them and trishotted each one of them with punches. with lv 3 body stat. Nani?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Not quite. Each ending has different objectives in the final mission.
Still standard pick A,B,C at the end like in Cyberpunk.

Didn't the OG Deus Ex always give you the same choices, regardless of anything you did in the game before that point, or am I misremembering?

Yeah you can't screw over anyone until the end. They story *mostly* justifies it. Most of the C&C involves saving Paul (which is as meaningful as an ending slide) and the various ways to obtain killswitches and thus skip boss fights.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Then that kind of open world format is just flawed as its an open world that prevents exploration.

Yea "Open World" design needs a complete overhaul, minimaps, floating quest markers etc are all antithetical to the entire point of open world. Immersing you in the world and the experience. When you are fixated on a tiny square in the corner of the screen or following a flashing blip around like a horse with blinkers whats the point? These devs need to go back to game design school and look at how you use environment, lighting, audio etc to create organic prompts in the world space to lead the player to objectives and points of interest. You know actual exploration...

Funny how we are in the peak of open world game design and graphics fidelity, yet its all completely sabotaged by the casual/normie follow the carrot bullshit. Design a game from the ground up without any of that extraneous hand holding stuff and we could see a good open world game. But I guess that would also require a shit ton of hard work from devs.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Not quite. Each ending has different objectives in the final mission.
Still standard pick A,B,C at the end like in Cyberpunk.

Didn't the OG Deus Ex always give you the same choices, regardless of anything you did in the game before that point, or am I misremembering?

Yeah you can't screw over anyone until the end. They story *mostly* justifies it. Most of the C&C involves saving Paul (which is as meaningful as an ending slide) and the various ways to obtain killswitches and thus skip boss fights.
No one ever in their right minds considers Deus Ex 1 a master-class in C&C. Choices are buried in gameplay (agressive/stealth/mixing), skill and implant investment and getting the (dis)pleasure from mastering the chosen path is the concequence. Now Deus Ex: IW, of all things gone wrong, nailed the MQ, where player agency comes into play first in the script. Cyberpunk 2077 pre-production team did not ever considered player agency because people liked DX1 and thought that they also will get away with cutting corners in similar places.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom