Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
w61k6g472v561.jpg

Dycedarg

Learned
CDPR had it coming. They didn't issue any review copies for PS4 and XB1 and even went so far as DMCAing people who got their retail copies early, preventing them from showing how broken the console versions were.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Should've just staggered the launch. PC first, consoles 4 months later.

I don't think it could ever run great on the base consoles, and they don't let you release it only for the "pro" consoles, so their only other option was to make it PC/next-gen exclusive which obviously would have limited their sales. They chose to release a broken product on console, and will reap the rewards of that decision.

I thought it ran fine on PS5 though, so maybe a shame for new PS5 owners that it's not available. Guess they can buy a disc.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Now someone more versed in drama and all that stuff, please explain to me, why does the reddit echo chamber and all the dangerhair game journalism hate CD Projekt so much?

Because CDPR figth them with a tranny in one hand, and dildo in other, obviously.

KK1001

Arbiter
Okay yeah having played more the game is bad, unqualified. The sheer power of the art direction had blinded me to it but it sucks.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Okay yeah having played more the game is bad, unqualified. The sheer power of the art direction had blinded me to it but it sucks.

What's so bad? Gameplay is decent, there's at least few builds to try. C&C might not be the best but conversation choices affect the ending, there are actually few endings. The game is fine even if we count it as RPG, which dejure its not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom