Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

RepHope

Savant
Kek the fucking retards handled this in the worst possible way:

-Forced the game out before it was ready, becoming an Anthem/Andromeda tier memefest
-Blatantly deceived people by only sending out PC copies because they knew the console versions would tank the review scores
-Told everyone they’ll get a full refund without even checking with Sony or MS first

Now they’ve got a broken buggy fucking game, pissed off “journos”, pissed off console kiddies, pissed off publishers, their stock is tanking, their investors are unhappy, it’s right around the holidays so everyone is going to take big breaks after all the crunch so it’s going to be awhile before they can even start fixing the serious issues, and now the biggest console market can’t even buy the game digitally. And in the future you know that weasel fuck Schrier is going to post some expose about all the retarded behind the scenes drama like he did with Bioware. The retarded bosses at CDPR are in for a world of hurt, they could not have handled this in a more inept way. Everyone who decided to push this game out before the holidays needs to be fired. All the goodwill from W3 is fucking gone, it’s amazing how badly they handled this. These are the dipshits that wanted to compete with Rockstar? Lmao.

For their sake I hope they just commit to fixing the bugs. I’d honestly make one of their planned expansions free, just as an apology.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The retarded bosses at CDPR are in for a world of hurt, they could not have handled this in a more inept way

You vastly underestimate the sheer tardiness emerging, when a slav gets billions of money and attention. The slav ego is so thirsty for this. This is why most slavs just break under pressure of success and sell their companies to foreign investors, they are that inept and afraid of their minds xD Slavs[poles especially] never had generational wealth[wars, wars and communism], so making BIG money in just one generation is outside of their thought capacity.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Okay yeah having played more the game is bad, unqualified. The sheer power of the art direction had blinded me to it but it sucks.

What's so bad? Gameplay is decent, there's at least few builds to try. C&C might not be the best but conversation choices affect the ending, there are actually few endings. The game is fine even if we count it as RPG, which dejure its not.

Hyperbole is literally the worst thing in the world :)

Dexter

Arcane
You apparently don't take any fall damage while in slide Animation:

"Look at this big badass motherfucker."

kubusuulur561.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Kek the fucking retards handled this in the worst possible way:

-Forced the game out before it was ready, becoming an Anthem/Andromeda tier memefest
-Blatantly deceived people by only sending out PC copies because they knew the console versions would tank the review scores
-Told everyone they’ll get a full refund without even checking with Sony or MS first

What makes you think they *handled* it poor? That it was not their goal?
Look at what happened - CDPR blatantly lied about refunds in their twitter.
Like if they hoped on something? That SONY will sign that bullshit? That nobody will know that they lied?
Lol, but SONY didn't do that. And I suspect that this was predictable.
ANd if yes then CDPR wanted that.
If anything, this all looks like CDPR make some deal with Microsoft to damage SONY reputation and then go directly to MS's orbit.
SONY - reputation damaged, and they also lost money form CP2077 sells.
Yes, they whipped CDPR for what they did, for their lie in twitter. But at what cost?
I wouldn't be surprised if CDPR will be much closer to MS as result of this.

Terra

Cipher
My favourite is how the game doesn't seem to save the states + positions of enemies. I've quick saved a bunch of times when crouched behind an enemy, reloaded and the enemy has now been placed back at the start of their patrol sequence (they are now behind me) and instantly spots me.

Had a bunch of mines near an enemy I'd hacked to friendly mode, said enemy nowhere near touching them, reloaded the save and mines instantly go boom.

I'm approaching the end and there's been a lot of amateur hour mistakes on a technical implementation level for some pretty core aspects of the game.

Terra

Cipher
Meredith was another great example actually. I finished sneaking out of the place with Jackie and Meredith & co were waiting outside as I left. Problem was I'd left my car parked right where this cutscene was taking place. So she goes "bet you didn't expect to see me here" while stood within the hood of the car. She and the rest of her goons then just pathed through my car as though it wasn't there. This sort of shit should have been caught and fixed globally years ago in an open world game; if there's a cutscene taking place in location x and there could be dynamic obstacles there, check for them and move/hide them as needed prior to the start of said scene. Was a real jaw dropper for me early on seeing that in terms of questioning the competency of whoever set this up.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
There's a whole quest where you are doing racing with a girl[?] that had trans spouse, and there's a fucking disgusting trans/toothpaste flag on a big pickup you use in these races. I hated that quest, racing aside.

No matter how much you guys bitch and whine about it, trans shit and all kinds of other deviancy make sense for the setting. It's an immoral and secular capitalist playground where everything goes, as long as you can afford it. That's the whole point. It's not the fucking Forgotten Realms where that shit stood out like a sore thumb.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, I have a separate theory explaining, why all turned out this way.

What if bad state of game explained by CDPR wanted it to be like that?
I mean, they didn't want this and that bug - they just wanted that game was made for less money, and didn't want it to be complete experience.
What if this game only made to create hype for Cyberpaunk2077Online?
If so, then it would be lazily patched, there would be only insignificant DLC released, and anything major will be released only shortly before release of CPO, maybe you will get DLC with Ciri, and maybe even for free - for hype train of course, for CPO.
This way it explain why city itself is good - probably it will be re-used as part of CPO, and the rest aspects isn't.

Hey, we have everything that is absent from CP2077 - AI for cars and pedestrians, nice barbershops, implants will change your appearance! Lot's of clothing! car tuning! everything you everdreamed about! and to make amends for out sins - month of subscription for FREE, or some similiar bullshit.
This could explain why this game in this strange state - appealing and frustrating enough, appealing cause it show you what it could be, and frustrating cause it show what it is. Like it was their real aim.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
How did this game pass Sony's certification process in the first place?

Isn't certification just to check it won't brick the hardware etc., rather than whether game's a buggy unplayable mess?

----

First time I tried to take this picture, I backed V into the car. The car's so beat up from offroading in the Badlands that it decided to blow up and killed V. Melee build is quite strange fun. It's kind of janky and feels insubstantial but stuff falls over as soon as you touch it once you've got perks put in. You get used to heads trash talking on the floor after leaving their shoulders too. "You smell of fast food!". Wounded.

photomode-18122020-055935.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Also, I have a separate theory explaining, why all turned out this way.

What if bad state of game explained by CDPR wanted it to be like that?
I mean, they didn't want this and that bug - they just wanted that game was made for less money, and didn't want it to be complete experience.
What if this game only made to create hype for Cyberpaunk2077Online?
If so, then it would be lazily patched, there would be only insignificant DLC released, and anything major will be released only shortly before release of CPO, maybe you will get DLC with Ciri, and maybe even for free - for hype train of course, for CPO.
This way it explain why city itself is good - probably it will be re-used as part of CPO, and the rest aspects isn't.

Hey, we have everything that is absent from CP2077 - AI for cars and pedestrians, nice barbershops, implants will change your appearance! Lot's of clothing! car tuning! everything you everdreamed about! and to make amends for out sins - month of subscription for FREE, or some similiar bullshit.
This could explain why this game in this strange state - appealing and frustrating enough, appealing cause it show you what it could be, and frustrating cause it show what it is. Like it was their real aim.
They're slavs.
Incompetence is given, if they can get away with it.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How did this game pass Sony's certification process in the first place?

:takemyjewgold:

No matter how much you guys bitch and whine about it, trans shit and all kinds of other deviancy make sense for the setting.

There are thousands examples where it is NOT making sense - look at all series for last 3-5 yeas, where thereare negroes andsuch in "hystorical series" where they should NOT be. So this time broken clock showed the rigth time.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My favourite is how the game doesn't seem to save the states + positions of enemies. I've quick saved a bunch of times when crouched behind an enemy, reloaded and the enemy has now been placed back at the start of their patrol sequence (they are now behind me) and instantly spots me.
Yeah, doesn't need to be hostile enemies either: when I loaded a save I had, in which I was walking on a relatively empty bit of street, it so happened that a sealed police crime scene materialized on my location. In what follows, the cop of course thinks I'm transgressing and shoots me point blank into the head with a shotgun.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
First time I tried to take this picture, I backed V into the car. The car's so beat up from offroading in the Badlands that it decided to blow up and killed V. Melee build is quite strange fun. It's kind of janky and feels insubstantial but stuff falls over as soon as you touch it once you've got perks put in. You get used to heads trash talking on the floor after leaving their shoulders too. "You smell of fast food!". Wounded.

My stealth chick V is wearing this same dress. It's pretty cool looking. My action man V is wearing whatever jeans and jacket he found lying around, because who gives a shit. He also has a dorky hat my waifu V wouldn't be caught dead in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom