Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There's a whole quest where you are doing racing with a girl[?] that had trans spouse, and there's a fucking disgusting trans/toothpaste flag on a big pickup you use in these races. I hated that quest, racing aside.

No matter how much you guys bitch and whine about it, trans shit and all kinds of other deviancy make sense for the setting. It's an immoral and secular capitalist playground where everything goes, as long as you can afford it. That's the whole point. It's not the fucking Forgotten Realms where that shit stood out like a sore thumb.

Bitch, but that hideous flag ruined that car. It's a fucking toothpaste flag, it doesn't mix well with anything beside a japanese loli costume.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
My stealth chick V is wearing this same dress. It's pretty cool looking. My action man V is wearing whatever jeans and jacket he found lying around, because who gives a shit. He also has a dorky hat my waifu V wouldn't be caught dead in.

Yeah, it's only cos it covers up the other slots that I took the picture. Only had to take off a head band for it, and the rest of the fashion crimes are hidden bar the boots. Playing in photo mode I kind of wish for cosmetic options like those glow in the dark leg stripes on one of Judy's ex-girlfriends but, as you say, it quickly fades to 'who gives a shit?'. Such a confused game with first person/third person views and pointless customisation for things you rarely/won't see.

There's a whole quest where you are doing racing with a girl[?] that had trans spouse, and there's a fucking disgusting trans/toothpaste flag on a big pickup you use in these races. I hated that quest, racing aside.

No matter how much you guys bitch and whine about it, trans shit and all kinds of other deviancy make sense for the setting.
I am not one to criticize the artist, but there are many futuristic dystopian settings that are more interesting than what CDPR gave us, which is pretty much Grand Theft Auto: Sodom und Gomorra 2077.

That said, I also vastly preferred the first iteration of Cyberpunk 2077 that CDPR showed us back in 2013.

Danikas

Arcane

Cdpr hq at this moment:

"NOWHERE TO RUN ITS ALL UNDONE EVERYTHING BURNS EVERYTHING BURNS IL WATCH YOU FALL DAWN IL DRAG YOU FACE DOWN EVERYTHING BURNS EVERYTHING BURNS"

Dexter

Arcane
No matter how much you guys bitch and whine about it, trans shit and all kinds of other deviancy make sense for the setting. It's an immoral and secular capitalist playground where everything goes, as long as you can afford it. That's the whole point. It's not the fucking Forgotten Realms where that shit stood out like a sore thumb.
We've been over this before: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...go-to-new-thread.122398/page-271#post-6647085

Where were they in Blade Runner? Where were they in Judge Dredd? Where were they in Desu Ex? Where were they in the Shadowrun games? RoboCop? Ghost in the Shell? Akira? Anachronox? E.Y.E.? System Shock? Recently released Ghostrunner? None of these works suffered for a "lack of Trannies". They would have suffered if various other elements like corrupt Megacorps, crime-ridden cities, robots, synthetic humans, rogue AIs etc. weren't in them. The Source material they based the game off of doesn't even contain any mention of this. Nothing in the setting states that it has to have Trannies, the setting is not about Trannies. It has never been about Identity politics, a movement that has only really taken off within the last 10 years.

They're "including them" to make a political point and push an ideology and there are CDPR employees stating as much in interviews, not because "it make sense" or not. And being in "the fucking Forgotten Realms", Medieval Europe or Prehistoric times hasn't and won't stop them either, they'll revise history if they have to:

EmCoOj1U4AEX5Bq

Somehow I think you know this and approve of it, but don't want to outright admit it for some reason, since you're always the first to play defense when there's elements like these and people mention them as negatives or something is Censored for Identity Politics reasons.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
How did this game pass Sony's certification process in the first place?

Isn't certification just to check it won't brick the hardware etc., rather than whether game's a buggy unplayable mess?

----

First time I tried to take this picture, I backed V into the car. The car's so beat up from offroading in the Badlands that it decided to blow up and killed V. Melee build is quite strange fun. It's kind of janky and feels insubstantial but stuff falls over as soon as you touch it once you've got perks put in. You get used to heads trash talking on the floor after leaving their shoulders too. "You smell of fast food!". Wounded.

photomode-18122020-055935.png
Then how did Anthem, which was not pulled from the PS store, got the cert, when it was literally bricking consoles? Some double faced shit going on here.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
a movement that has only really taken off within the last 10 years.

They start to force it only in 2015. I remember that VERY clear, cause yearbefore - in 2014 they tried to push pedophiles liek they did with homosexualists, to make them normal, and Ithought - what would be next.

just

Liturgist
How did this game pass Sony's certification process in the first place?

Isn't certification just to check it won't brick the hardware etc., rather than whether game's a buggy unplayable mess?

----

First time I tried to take this picture, I backed V into the car. The car's so beat up from offroading in the Badlands that it decided to blow up and killed V. Melee build is quite strange fun. It's kind of janky and feels insubstantial but stuff falls over as soon as you touch it once you've got perks put in. You get used to heads trash talking on the floor after leaving their shoulders too. "You smell of fast food!". Wounded.

photomode-18122020-055935.png
Then how did Anthem, which was not pulled from the PS store, got the cert, when it was literally bricking consoles? Some double faced shit going on here.
bioware didnt make a pr statement that they'll offer full refunds, just call sony
and sony replied

Robber Baron

Savant

Not a member of big boys club (as in doesn't have HQ in USA or some american enterpise to back them up)

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Why does anyone here care about how this shit's doing on consoles, apart from engaging in some good old fashioned Germanic Schadenfreude?

On PC, this... this is a beautiful thing. Warts and all. Suck my ebonically inclined V-peen, haters.

ChildInTime

Learned
Why does anyone here care about how this shit's doing on consoles, apart from engaging in some good old fashioned Germanic Schadenfreude?

On PC, this... this is a beautiful thing. Warts and all. Suck my ebonically inclined V-peen, haters.
They will spend resources which could've went to expansions, dlc and restoring cut content, on fixing this on 8 year old hardware.

Yeah, on PC it's got almost none of the issues, I had the game crash one time in 70 hours I played, it's great and addictive, warts and all.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They're "including them" to make a political point and push an ideology and there are CDPR employees stating as much in interviews, not because "it make sense" or not. And being in "the fucking Forgotten Realms", Medieval Europe or Prehistoric times hasn't and won't stop them either, they'll revise history if they have to:

It's really fucking terrifying how they're re-writing archaeology and history. At the moment there are still enough profs and the like with enough guts to keep this stuff reasonably in check. But once universities are staffed with these ineffable cunts it's all over for science - real science will have to go underground and bootleg.

There are countervailing forces (people are withdrawing their sanction from the university system, alumni are ceasing to support their old universities financially, enrolment is down, etc., etc.), so it's possible that the university system will just fade out of use. But what a sad end that would be for such a grand old institution.

I remember idiots back in the Noughties saying that the first signs of SJW-ism were just a passing fad, or nothing to worry too much about. Now those sorts of people are terrified of losing their jobs and they kowtow to whatever the nonsense du jour is.

It's not going to end well.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Cyberpunk has nothing to do with trannies themselves, but has to do with transhumanism among other elements. That's why is said that trannies fit with the Cyberpunk as a genre. Transgenderism and other similar things that are used to exemplify a society where people are able to modify their bodies through technology, to the point of going beyond human convictions. Turning into complete robots and beyond. They're also used to exemply a degenerate society with heavy sexuals deviations.

gits2-300x300.jpg

Cyberpunk it's not just rainy nights with neon lights you know.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station

So far as I know that's the purpose of certification, and as soon as it's passed then devs can same day hotfix so long as they stay within the guidelines on what can and can't be changed without needing to do the process again. Anthem kind of illustrates that it isn't a fully exhaustive process and even serious issues can get through, although didn't Bioware and EA both say that they couldn't find evidence of any PS being bricked?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom