Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Danikas

Arcane
This is why CDPR should have stayed a private company. Smaller budgets and less AAA shit, but they'd have kept their soul and their independence.

Going public was a deal with the devil.
That ship has sailed in 2009 dude old old news.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Actually cyberpunk game where you go against big corpo should be something like John Wick 3 where you are big walking neon sign on the map of every murderhobo in Night City, not this shit with random quests. They even have Keanu.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

I think it could be a way of indirect control over gamedev industry - through a price of shares.
You stuffed your game with SJW shit, feminazism, cut&sew types? Prices going up.
You announced that your main hero is whate man? Fighting evil WITCH? Main hero can slap women asses? Have wife, that patiently awaits him at home?
Haha, market prices are going down!

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
Actually cyberpunk game where you go against big corpo should be something like John Wick 3 where you are big walking neon sign on the map of every murderhobo in Night City, not this shit with random quests. They even have Keanu.
Speaking of Keanu, they originally wanted to get Bowie for the role. Dunno how good of a choice he would've been for this some of video game acting, but that would've been pure kino.

Not to mention that he would've been much closer to the canon look of Silverhand.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is why CDPR should have stayed a private company. Smaller budgets and less AAA shit, but they'd have kept their soul and their independence.

That ship has sailed in 2009 dude old old news.

So what? The point is still entirely relevant.

Every game they've released since then has become more pozz'd and mainstream. Witcher 2 had QTEs and console style stealth sections ffs.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/

• Most dialogues (98%) have no impact on the story whatsoever. The vast majority of dialogue only changes the next line of dialogue and that’s it.
  • Only a very small subset of dialogues (around 2% of all dialogues) actually have any impact whatsoever. These are the choices pointed out in this guide.
  • You will always end up on the same linear story path with the same objectives and missions no matter what.

Sounds clearly like CODEX RPG GOTY 2020

Danikas

Arcane
So what? The point is still entirely relevant.

Every game they've released then has become more pozz'd and mainstream. Witcher 2 had QTEs and console style stealth sections ffs.
That's why I say that it was over in 2009 water under the bridge you dont need to tell me about witcher 2 if someone here is bitching about cut content and buggines witcher 2 was even worse than cyberpunk in both aspects.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
hUysKu0.jpg

res11

Novice
So according to powerpyx 98% dialogues in CB77 have no impact on the story whatsoever. After reading this https://www.powerpyx.com/cyberpunk-2077-story-choices-guide/ I wonder why they cut "RPG" part from their RPG. People who finished the game, is any of this true?

What happened with CDPR? How the fuck they can go from Witcher series to this? I am honestly surprised that after good run with Witcher series they fuck up this game this bad.

Witcher 3 was objectively less of an RPG than this game though. Just because it had a couple more CYOA style choices than Cyberpunk in dialogue doesn't mean it was an RPG. It didn't even have skill checks except for the rare Delusion checks.

Robber Baron

Savant
I show everyone with a bit of logic that your words are lie.

Well I wasnt the one claiming that the game world is being presented in any attractive manner and then backpedaling with pathetic rebuttals in an attempt to change the topic and protect the size of internet penis

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

How did this game pass Sony's certification process in the first place?
Yes, let's not forget that it was Sony's certification team who allowed the game on their platform in the first place.

How this happened was they played the game on PS4, saw how shit it was, and then apparently took CDPR at their word that performance and bugs will be fixed before release. I've quoted the exact explanation by CDPR from the conference call some time back in this thread.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
69 заданий фиксеров. Где минимальный сюжет, лишь звонок в начале и СМС с инструкциями. Мне один раз за 40 часов дали выбрать что делать в конце. По сути своей - дрочка аванпостов из какого-нибудь Вач Догс 2 или Фар Край 5.

156 простых точек для дрочки лута. Там вообще контекста нет. Просто находим унылое сообщение в конце на одном из трупов.

17 киберпсихов. Приходим - нейтрализуем. Вам аж дадут пояснение как каждый дошел до жизни такой. Может в конце "покажут мультик", не прошел еще.

20 карт таро. Фигня для сбора. Может в конце "покажут мультик".

Итого: 262 точки для зачистки с минимальной мотивацией или вообще без оной. Тупо дрочка для ресурсов/репутации.

Под HIDDEN GEM скрываются как редкие редкие пушки и шмотки, так и пасхалки. Считать ли их как места уровня вопросиков со скрабом из Ведьмака 3 - я не знаю. Отчасти - да. Если допустить что там хотя бы в трети случаев лут, а не пасхалка, то к 262 плюсуйте еще 63.

То есть у нас 262/325 "точек интереса". Делать выводы много это или мало для такой большой игры, как и то считать ли ее за это дрочильней, я тут не буду. Решайте сами, я лишь предоставил цифры. Если где-то ошибся в расчетах - поправьте.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This is as fake as the WHO's Santa message to kids. At least it doesn't break anything. Gargaune I think was the one who even deleted the file, and the game was running just as well.

It was hilarious to see that guru3d have also taken this bait, and even posted a news article about it, apparetly the clickbait is promising, without testing it. That's supposed to be a specialized website.

I also tested it BTW, doesn't make any difference. A huge number of people are convicing themselves that it does. Even if the file did control memory pools, memory pools alone can't affect a gpu's rendering power.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with trannies themselves, but has to do with transhumanism among other elements. That's why is said that trannies fit with the Cyberpunk as a genre. Transgenderism and other similar things that are used to exemplify a society where people are able to modify their bodies through technology, to the point of going beyond human convictions. Turning into complete robots and beyond. They're also used to exemply a degenerate society with heavy sexuals deviations.

gits2-300x300.jpg

Cyberpunk it's not just rainy nights with neon lights you know.
What do you think about the connection between cyberpunk and classic Noir? One of Noir's themes is the "automatization" (per Weber) and exploitation of individuals by powerful collectives - whether it's the corrupt industrial elites or the state.

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I show everyone with a bit of logic that your words are lie.

Well I wasnt the one claiming that the game world is being presented in any attractive manner and then backpedaling with pathetic rebuttals in an attempt to change the topic and protect the size of internet penis

Yeah you was the one who backpedaled whenI asked direct question, directly stemmed form your own logic - if game world is repulsive, gamers should fly like a birds to the south from this game, but... continue to backpedal please.

Hellion

Arcane
Mike Pondsmith will have probably already made a nice buck, and will eventually see his franchise turn into a Witcher-like cash cow, despite the rocky launch. I wouldn't exactly feel sorry for him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom