Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
I think it has to do with my PC, when we ride up to the hotel where Panam strikes a deal with some guys her animation bugs out and the models are all low res and then the game crashes no matter what i do

Maybe RAM/VRAM problems. This scene has a lot of cars and people. Try lowering your graphics to minimum you can and lowest resolution you can.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
TW3 feels like amateur work compared to writing in 77
Fourth thing about fixers - I don't think there is reactivity between the same fixer's missions - doing mission X before doing the same fixer's mission Y. Nor I think there is reactivity between different fixers' missions - doing one mission for one fixer disables another mission for another fixer, and the reasons are shown to the player. This sort of thing existed on a limited scale in Witcher 3.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I think the fixers were an attempt at upgrading the Witcher 3 question mark nightmare into something more involved, but the end result is indeed stuck somewhere between the original formula and actual quests, which makes it even less satisfying, since you constantly expect the story hook to go somewhere, and it never does.

What they should have done is to just remove the question marks. Fuck that open world busywork.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the fixers were an attempt at upgrading the Witcher 3 question mark nightmare into something more involved, but the end result is indeed stuck somewhere between the original formula and actual quests, which makes it even less satisfying, since you constantly expect the story hook to go somewhere, and it never does.

What they should have done is to just remove the question marks. Fuck that open world busywork.
Removing the map markers is easy and if it doesn't come in a patch, it will most probably come as a mod, because it annoys a lot of people. I'm lamenting the concession CDPR made about how they implemented the fixers, because that's pretty certainly never getting reworked. They'll stay in this half baked state. If they functioned in the Witcher 3 way, the whole experience of the game would have been something else.

Danikas

Arcane

Some of those gigs are pretty fun I did one where I had to extract a dude from a hotel surrounded by tyger claws I ghosted it stole their car and drove away with the dude without killing anybody feels much better gameplay wise than witcher 3 at least I have some options how I do stuff.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Some of those gigs are pretty fun I did one where I had to extract a dude from a hotel surronded by tyger claws I ghosted it stole their car and drove away with the dude without killing anybody feels much better gameplay wise than witcher 3 at least I have some options how I do stuff.
Yeah, definetly. It's what I mean when I say that CP77 is actually more of an RPG than Witcher 3. I don't know if we have a review for Witcher 3 but if we do, we should definetly have one for CP77.

Imagine the fixers' quests were connected and interconnected between fixers - it would have been as if the city has its own main quest, in addition to the player's main quest.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Oh, when I said the question marks should have been removed, I meant the encounters too. Leave maybe two or three of those small time jobs per fixer (or just repurpose some of the crime spots into fixer jobs) and pool the resources into actual quest lines for each fixer.

Like, you don't even have to invest in mocap and location scripting here. Just have the quest play out over the phone as a chain of related events and combat encounters. You know, give the thing some narrative meat.

Edit: And yea, interconnectivity. You get a hit job from one fixer, go to location, get a call from another fixer with a counteroffer. Not exactly rocket science.

racofer

Thread Incliner

rR9iqrb.jpg

"not willing to wait for updates"

Oh man :lol:

Their PR department doesn't fail to deliver.

9nweUaZ.png

Perkel

Arcane
I have a major problem with the way fixers and their missions are implemented.

I don't because it is entirely explained in lore. They are fixers those are the guys who want to hire mercs for jobs they got and connect people and stuff with each other. Moreover storywise V is very active and wants those jobs. Moreover them contacting you is also normal since this is how fixers operate.

If anything "decline" call would be great addition and instead fixer should send us message with dets like they either way do.

As for my opinion about writing you can really feel it when a lot of 2nd and 3rd tier characters have weird writing or are plainly badly acted, the animation doesn't work like it should etc. In 77 for comparison there is no single scene that was acted weird or didn't have enough detail not to sell it. TW3 characters some of them also overacted especially in polish version though in English version it was lesser problem.

And those are just technical aspects, when it comes to lines themselves and their delivery 77 is in completely different league. There are shitload of memorable lines from game due to their pure artistry rather than just comedic value like in TW3 (summon the bitches !!).

Yoomazir

Educated
There's a little indie game called Ruiner which was released a couple years ago, supposedly it was made by former CDPR devs who ragequitted during the CP2077 development. The ambience of that game was pretty Cyberpunky.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Not only characters are very well done, locations have great lvl of detail especially for open world game and no fucking loading screens when going into interiors. My screenshots on mix of med to high settings and its still looks great on my 4 year old pc.

photomode_15122020_2142ke7.png

photomode_15122020_136sj7c.png

photomode_15122020_08dqkvj.png

Reapa please explain to me why you rated my post retarted do you disagree with my assesment? Do you think this looks bad? Do you think this is low lvl of detail please some feedback dont leave me hanging I wanna know your thought process. :lol:

what characters are very well done?
if there are no loading screens, what's with all the elevators? what great level of detail do you see? yes some hubs are themed, but everything else is copy paste. it's a short list of common appliances that are everywhere and make up most of the interiors. i'm not saying it's badly done, but i wouldn't run around praising the details either.

AwesomeButton

Patron
You waited years for the game - now wait two months for updates, while other people are playing it. The people who shat on the players are the C-level managers who ok-ed the Dec 10 release while being aware of the state of the game.

And behind them there are the investors who were pushing for a release in the financial 2020. I hope they choke on the stock prices now. But it's no matter, the price will rebound once the game is back on the PS4 marketplace.

Perkel

Arcane
Not sure what you referring to about the band though, do they have actual family problems (I never did their quests past the actual concert), or are we just referring to the band as a family in this case? (Not that I'd disagree)

Kerry brings one of members from rehab which was husband to Danny which you probably didn't meet also that quest has tie in to first Mealstorm quest in game. Also lol how i could forget Aldecados quest line which is all about family ?

The people who shat on the players are the C-level managers who ok-ed the Dec 10 release while being aware of the state of the game.

Captain of the ship is always responsible for the ship. So CEOs are to blame first and foremost, they perfectly knew about state of the game and either way pushed it on.

I think considering how relatively bug free game is after prologue i think they though prologue also was like that. As for PS4/xbox version there is no doubt they knew about it.

Danikas

Arcane
what characters are very well done?
if there are no loading screens, what's with all the elevators? what great level of detail do you see? yes some hubs are themed, but everything else is copy paste. it's a short list of common appliances that are everywhere and make up most of the interiors. i'm not saying it's badly done, but i wouldn't run around praising the details either.
And that warrants a retarted rating from you instead of disagree :lol:? Ok Im gonna disagree with this post your way. Btw you dont need to use most of those elevators everything is climbable I did have half the gigs with stealth and climbing.

Terenty

Liturgist
I think it has to do with my PC, when we ride up to the hotel where Panam strikes a deal with some guys her animation bugs out and the models are all low res and then the game crashes no matter what i do

Maybe RAM/VRAM problems. This scene has a lot of cars and people. Try lowering your graphics to minimum you can and lowest resolution you can.
Yeah tried everything didn't help, but thx anyway

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Cyberpunk has nothing to do with trannies themselves, but has to do with transhumanism among other elements. That's why is said that trannies fit with the Cyberpunk as a genre. Transgenderism and other similar things that are used to exemplify a society where people are able to modify their bodies through technology, to the point of going beyond human convictions. Turning into complete robots and beyond. They're also used to exemply a degenerate society with heavy sexuals deviations.

gits2-300x300.jpg

Cyberpunk it's not just rainy nights with neon lights you know.

They have mind altering stuff, the trannies would be cured of their mental illness.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't because it is entirely explained in lore. They are fixers those are the guys who want to hire mercs for jobs they got and connect people and stuff with each other.
Don't you think this is a terribly simplistic and underdeveloped characterisation? "My name is X and I sit in my office all day, acting as a dispatcher of jobs for mercs." No mention of personal motivation or agenda, no goals. I know Regina wants to uncover some conspiracy connected to cyberpsychosis, but are there bigger things that other fixers are after? And even if yes, if every fixer exists in a vacuum, this is more of an immersion breaker than a contributing factor for a developed character.

TW3 characters some of them also overacted especially in polish version though in English version it was lesser problem.
The voice acting plays a huge part in how believeable the characters will be and how "well-written" the game will appear. I haven't tried the Polish version, but I know the English makes the characters sound like generic crap, compared to the French. I've only played French audio with English subtitles. I think Russian is also good though I haven't tried it.

Danikas

Arcane
I think Russian is also good though I haven't tried it.
Think again look at the comments and like to dislike ratio on russian trailer from what I comprehend russians are angry that there is much more cursing than in the english script. Codexian vatniks can confirm if this is true or not.

duke nukem

Augur
You waited years for the game - now wait two months for updates, while other people are playing it. The people who shat on the players are the C-level managers who ok-ed the Dec 10 release while being aware of the state of the game.

And behind them there are the investors who were pushing for a release in the financial 2020. I hope they choke on the stock prices now. But it's no matter, the price will rebound once the game is back on the PS4 marketplace.
No it wont. Hype is dead at that point, and price of the game will drop at that point, so they will make less money per copy. Also patching the game is not free, its going to cost money.

Its stock will never go up because every normal people realise that cd projekt red was just a bubble waiting to burst. Ofcourse cdprojekt red fanboys will still believe it because they are even more retarded than star citizen believers.

mondblut

Arcane
Cyberpunk has nothing to do with trannies themselves, but has to do with transhumanism among other elements. That's why is said that trannies fit with the Cyberpunk as a genre.
You're correctly stating that Cyberpunk has to do with Transhumanism and has nothing to do with Trannies, but somehow infer that that's why "they fit"?

That's not about trannies, that's about chicks with dicks and men with vags. Often removable, sometimes more than one.

How come installing a third hand is alright, but getting a second dick is haram?

Hellion

Arcane
I am very pleased to see that Daniel Vavra is a man of culture, as well :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom