Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Turjan

Arcane
I think the fixers were an attempt at upgrading the Witcher 3 question mark nightmare into something more involved, but the end result is indeed stuck somewhere between the original formula and actual quests, which makes it even less satisfying, since you constantly expect the story hook to go somewhere, and it never does.

What they should have done is to just remove the question marks. Fuck that open world busywork.
Some of those gigs are pretty fun I did one where I had to extract a dude from a hotel surrounded by tyger claws I ghosted it stole their car and drove away with the dude without killing anybody feels much better gameplay wise than witcher 3 at least I have some options how I do stuff.
Just did that mission. Unfortunately, I found some electric baton with some insane additional effects some time ago. I haven't put a single point into "Body" and bought no weapon perks in that direction, but in Watson, I can mostly just walk up to these clowns and hit them once or twice, and all of this without stealth. Which, admittedly, isn't overly exciting.

Danikas

Arcane
Just did that mission. Unfortunately, I found some electric baton with some insane additional effects some time ago. I haven't put a single point into "Body" and bought no weapon perks in that direction, but in Watson, I can mostly just walk up to these clowns and hit them once or twice, and all of this without stealth. Which, admittedly, isn't overly exciting.
What difficulty are you playing on?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm a fan of Cyberpunk videogame gameworld because I like it's message.

Let pretend this game has message, and it's not - IMPLANTS ARE COOL.
Millions of people of absolutely different cultural background, education and level of intellectual development are playing this game.
Many of them won't get that message, many of them will get is as IMPLANTS ARE COOL.
You can't understand that simple thing, rigth?

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
I show everyone with a bit of logic that your words are lie.

Well I wasnt the one claiming that the game world is being presented in any attractive manner and then backpedaling with pathetic rebuttals in an attempt to change the topic and protect the size of internet penis

Yeah you was the one who backpedaled whenI asked direct question, directly stemmed form your own logic - if game world is repulsive, gamers should fly like a birds to the south from this game, but... continue to backpedal please.

I guess the success of Fallout means that millions are dreaming of living in an irradiated desert, pissing neon green, eating whatever bug they can catch and getting torn apart by huge ugly mutants? A-ok.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
My understanding is that the SJW wish is that trans people are not just accepted but also put on a pedestal and courted as a vulnerable minority, with the SJWs being the sole adepts of deciding who is cherishing this minority "correctly" and "incorrectly". The game's stance is that in the society all the lgbtq-whatever varieties are accepted as just as mundane as straight men and women. This makes SJWs' shit boil.
And this just goes to show the incoherence of the whole transsexualism fad. They *don't* want to be acknowledged as actual members of the other sex (which is biologically impossible, but aesthetically doable within the setting as for another person not to be able to distinguish between a transsexual and an infertile person of that actual sex), but rather as their own category within that broader group.

Actually they just want to rub your face in it. It's more of a querulous gesture that you will be forced to accept, and your children will be forced to accept. It's malice more than anything else, malice against the normal.

NATALT ofc, but it's a pretty common syndrome.

Vavra outed as a race traitor, dont rope yourself boys. :lol:

that a guy who prefers controllers to keyboard and mouse is a disgusting racemixer does not shock me at all.

Waitaminnit, is Panam mixed race? I thought she was just Hiispanic or something? She could pass for Spanish or even Italian. She doesn't have any negroid features at all to my eyes.

I am very pleased to see that Daniel Vavra is a man of culture, as well :salute:

Vavra seems to lean towards the "being there" immersion camp, like me, and like some of the others who quite like the game despite its flaws here. I can acknowledge all the problems with the game, but it nevertheless hooks me because I've wanted this kind of immersion since I first played in a 3-d virtual environment in Doom. I think at a gameplay level it is what it is, and although I think it will be more finished and polished eventually, it's never going to satisfy the persnickety gameplay tastes of some here, probably even not when modded (as some of the popamole is probably too baked in). But fuck 'em.

On another note: someone mentioned waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the thread about putting the Film Grain and Chromatic Aberration on. I'm one of those people who automatically switches those off in games, so that was one of the first things I did when I started playing this. But I just switched 'em on the other night to try it out, and that Codexer was right, they do actually add a subtle but noticeable level of atmosphere, and take the edge off the "plasticky" feel of some of the art design (I don't mean in terms of shiny bodies - that's pretty bad and probably unfinished graphics - but rather in removing some of the dildo feel from the game and making it more serious, doomy and decayed looking).

Turjan

Arcane
What difficulty are you playing on?
Still on "normal". My char has something like 550 armor though, and SMG's and some assault rifles don't really get through that in Watson. It's completely different in other parts of the town though, where my V gets occasionally one-shot.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with trannies themselves, but has to do with transhumanism among other elements. That's why is said that trannies fit with the Cyberpunk as a genre. Transgenderism and other similar things that are used to exemplify a society where people are able to modify their bodies through technology, to the point of going beyond human convictions. Turning into complete robots and beyond. They're also used to exemply a degenerate society with heavy sexuals deviations.

gits2-300x300.jpg

Cyberpunk it's not just rainy nights with neon lights you know.

They have mind altering stuff, the trannies would be cured of their mental illness.

If someone had the balls to actually explore gender disphoria in an age of transhumanism I'd be very interested in it. Perhaps touching up how being able to constantly shift gender and bodies affects one's mental state and sense of identity. Causing generations of listless people to go further and further into degeneracy. Till you end up with people with octopus bodies and and electric shavers for dicks.

Basically I'm describing Eclipse Phase before it got cucked and narrowed it's focus.

Vatnik Wumao
If someone had the balls to actually explore gender disphoria in an age of transhumanism I'd be very interested in it. Perhaps touching up how being able to constantly shift gender and bodies affects one's mental state and sense of identity. Causing generations of listless people to go further and further into degeneracy. Till you end up with people with octopus bodies and and electric shavers for dicks.
Just read Black Library books centered on the Emperor's Children. :M

Reapa

Doom Preacher
what characters are very well done?
if there are no loading screens, what's with all the elevators? what great level of detail do you see? yes some hubs are themed, but everything else is copy paste. it's a short list of common appliances that are everywhere and make up most of the interiors. i'm not saying it's badly done, but i wouldn't run around praising the details either.
And that warrants a retarted rating from you instead of disagree :lol:? Ok Im gonna disagree with this post your way. Btw you dont need to use most of those elevators everything is climbable I did have half the gigs with stealth and climbing.

of course exteriors are climbable. but the interiors with elevators have no access to the exterior. the fact that you only even adress this issue and then do it in such a retarded way only supports my evaluation of your post.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Playing a lot of gigs, I can say that my exposure to gay or transgender NPCs is next to none, apart from prostitutes on Jig-Jig street, and one shard called "Diary of a Watson Whore" which was written from the perspective of a lecherous femboy. After consulting Urban Dictionary, I should specify - "gay femboy", which is still not trans. Still, pretty much the last kind of portrayal the SJWs want to see of "non-binary" people. Other than that, it's just suggestive ads on the streets. I wouldn't say the game is trans propaganda.

My question was not about that at all. People like to play games, and they always protect games they like - to protect themselfs from a guilt.
There is also tolerance, that makes people less and less sensitive to a subject.
What is not propaganda for you, I definitaly accept as such.
Anyway, my questionwas different - you are very disgust of a game world, rigth?
You playing the game with a clenched teeth right? Like if you are struggling to overcome disgust?
You are playing to absorb that message game has, and to transfer it to every human being around, to warn them against trannies, corporations, and capitalism, rigth?

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Basically I'm describing Eclipse Phase before it got cucked and narrowed it's focus.

That's posthumanism.

sullynathan

Arcane

Combat definitely looks pretty decent here, especially shooting through the wall stuff. The AI isn't great, I'm not sure how they didn't notice all the shooting.

Vatnik Wumao
You playing the game with a clenched teeth right? Like if you are struggling to overcome disgust?
:hmmm:
The disturbing parts in this game are definitely not related to gender or sex. The snuff film industry and the organ/cyberware harvesting industry are where it's at.
Agreed, but in neither scenario should one react as a hysterical woman (or a SJW). Fenix should get his T levels checked if fiction has such a strong impact upon his fragile psyche.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
And this just goes to show the incoherence of the whole transsexualism fad. They *don't* want to be acknowledged as actual members of the other sex (which is biologically impossible, but aesthetically doable within the setting as for another person not to be able to distinguish between a transsexual and an infertile person of that actual sex), but rather as their own category within that broader group.

Absolutely. They even had to plug themselves into Forgotten Realms, a world full of wizards capable of polymorphing you into anything from a frog to dragon, into a game that already had an actual fucking Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity to change the wearer's body to the other sex. But nooo, "you must know that I am transitioned from male to female blah blah blah".

Poser clowns.

Yoomazir

Educated
Panam definitely has some negro blood. She is dark hispanic type, like offspring of slavers in cuba. Still that was only relationship option in cybercuck so i've went with her.
Or maybe it's the fact she's heavely tanned because she's constantly exposed to the sun and weather.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Panam definitely has some negro blood. She is dark hispanic type, like offspring of slavers in cuba. Still that was only relationship option in cybercuck so i've went with her.
Or maybe it's the fact she's heavely tanned because she's constantly exposed to the sun and weather.

Someone check whether or not her nipples/asshole are pink. That's the deciding factor.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Naah, her bone structure has nothing groid about it whatsoever, it's pure European. Race is about more than skin colour. If anything, that look is more a mixture of Arabic and European from way back, from the time of the conquest of Iberia by Arabs. A fair number of Spanish have that complexion from that bit of race mixing back then. Hispanics proper (or Latinos is it? I can never remember what's what here) seem to be a mixture of that and of blondes (from the Visigoth ruling class of Iberia as was).

Race-mixed Hispanics tend to have that retarded look that's a combination of Amerindian, European and Negro.

Or maybe I'm just White Knighting for my virtual thot :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom